Game Day Geelong V Sydney - Rd 7 - Sat May 1st 7:25 pm @ SCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark & Narkle are in to replace the injured duo of Merrick & Kolodjashnij

Late in the week the AFL bumped us from our Friday flight to Sydney and instead we're now on seperate charter flights on match day

VFL guys kick things off at 2:35 at Tramway Oval (Lakeside Oval), the Swans training ground, and then at 7:25pm it's the main show

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
This is a match we should win, our forward triumvirate of Hawkins, Cameron & Rohan should be getting at least 8 goals combined against that defence....The key will be limiting Parker & Kennedy in the middle....And we MUST be aware of Papley, he destroyed us last time & we got lucky he kicked inaccurately.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Clark & Narkle are in to replace the injured duo of Merrick & Kolodjashnij

Late in the week the AFL bumped us from our Friday flight to Sydney and instead we're now on seperate charter flights on match day

VFL guys kick things off at 2:35 at Tramway Oval (Lakeside Oval), the Swans training ground, and then at 7:25pm it's the main show

All I know is, is that the same people who incessantly melted over us playing too many defenders, are now probably incessantly melting over us including Clark and Narkle - but not Constable (you know who you are but you're all ignored, lol).

Never change debbie downers :)

To everyone else, exciting day ahead, great changes and great challenge away to see if we can back it up against good oppo!

Heckler

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Attitude is the key to performance.
A positive attacking mind-set will see a comfortable win against the Swans.
Complacency after last week's big win spells disaster.
I'm confident the Cats have learned our forwards thrive on quick delivery.
Thankfully chief klutz and handbrake Go-slo-Kolo is out injured.
Clark and Narkle will add speed and enthusiasm and need game time.
Cameron will be out to prove his worth
Rohan is up and buzzing
Even Tomahawk has regained a little more zip.

Attitude is the key to performance.
A positive attacking mind-set will see a comfortable win against the Swans.
Complacency after last week's big win spells disaster.
I'm confident the Cats have learned our forwards thrive on quick delivery.
Thankfully chief klutz and handbrake Go-slo-Kolo is out injured.
Clark and Narkle will add speed and enthusiasm and need game time.
Cameron will be out to prove his worth
Rohan is up and buzzing
Even Tomahawk has regained a little more zip.
Agree with the attitude thing. Nice nicknames . Spot on with kolo. Who is chief Klutz?

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
This is a match we should win, our forward triumvirate of Hawkins, Cameron & Rohan should be getting at least 8 goals combined against that defence....The key will be limiting Parker & Kennedy in the middle....And we MUST be aware of Papley, he destroyed us last time & we got lucky he kicked inaccurately.
Stopping papley is key. Their forward line is decimated by injuries to their key forwards, so he is their no 1 scoring threat. But we will probably send bews to him and he’ll kick 5.

Stopping papley is key. Their forward line is decimated by injuries to their key forwards, so he is their no 1 scoring threat. But we will probably send bews to him and he’ll kick 5.
O'Connor was on him last year when he ran rampant and the calls on here were for Bews to go to him - today we may get a chance to see how Bews will fair

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
The Swans started well last week and lead the Suns at quarter time then never kicked another goal until the end of the 3rd quarter,they got murdered across half back and couldn't go with the Suns on the turn over,they were marginally better in the final quarter but at the ground you had the feeling the Suns had the cue in the rack,if they turn in a performance like that today they will be smashed,they had no answer for a young Ben King and I suggest a pair of Coleman Medalists will fill their boots as well as anyone smart enough to get front and centre.
Cats by 70 points easing up.

O'Connor was on him last year when he ran rampant and the calls on here were for Bews to go to him - today we may get a chance to see how Bews will fair
Bews to papley, Atkins to Hayward, Henry or touhy to heeney? One of Hendo and blicavs look out of place..gulden uses it well inside 50. They will definitely lower the eyes. Need high midfield pressure to stop those nice kicks into our back 50.

Narkle needs to take his chance.

Big time.

I luv the offensive work.. but i have to see it the other way. Cant just look one way. If he can get defensive pressure acts into his game..... ill be impressed.

Go Catters

Big time.

I luv the offensive work.. but i have to see it the other way. Cant just look one way. If he can get defensive pressure acts into his game..... ill be impressed.

Go Catters
Clarke is similar I think. They are trying to educate them to get better defensively. Just wonder how that takes away from their natural offensive instincts. Must be tough as a young player to get the balance right.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Big time.

Go Catters

Why do I get the feeling he would show that if he played for Richmond.

I am hopeful that adding Narkle means a slight re balancing of trying to get the ball into score. For mine if he gets the ball to where our forward targets can mark it a few times he will have done well. I loved the way Varcoe used to do that. Something that Holmes probably will be able to do soon enough looking at his style of play.

Clarke is similar I think. They are trying to educate them to get better defensively. Just wonder how that takes away from their natural offensive instincts. Must be tough as a young player to get the balance right.
You start by showing them the footage from late in the first quarter last week where Selwood won a free kick in the middle, Stanley ran forward and Naitanui stood around ball watching

You tell them in that situation that they follow their man - attack with ball in hand, but pay respect to your opponent when it's in the oppositions hands

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
We'll miss O'Connor's tagging. This will be a tough game but other teams have shown if you block the Swan's use of the corridor then they're not so invincible as they looked early in the season. I expect a game heavy on defense from us tonight. Looking forward to seeing Jezza and TBone working again.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
You start by showing them the footage from late in the first quarter last week where Selwood won a free kick in the middle, Stanley ran forward and Naitanui stood around ball watching

You tell them in that situation that they follow their man - attack with ball in hand, but pay respect to your opponent when it's in the oppositions hands
Young player coming in and out of the side need good guidance on the ground as to who they are responsible for and that comes these days by the on ground leadership group,I don't want to see young players running around looking lost.I'm a believer in getting the basics and the little things right and then see how it goes.

Yes but with mids the decisions of when to attack / defend are not as clear cut as that example. It’s such a quick game . It’s not like paddy is a shining example for those guys.
Maybe show them vision of lambert, Prestia, graham, Cotchin and those lads..

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong

Big time.

Go Catters

No.
Narkle needs to be given a good chunk of matches to work himself into the league.
He's only played 18 senior games.
Extremely talented and instinctive player. Was hardly our worst against Melbourne to warrant being dropped in the first place.

5 games in a row (even then it's not enough), and we could see what we have heading forward.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
All I know is, is that the same people who incessantly melted over us playing too many defenders, are now probably incessantly melting over us including Clark and Narkle - but not Constable (you know who you are but you're all ignored, lol).

Never change debbie downers :)

To everyone else, exciting day ahead, great changes and great challenge away to see if we can back it up against good oppo!
No they arent melting. So you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back