Preview Geelong V Sydney - Rd 7 - Sat May 1st 725 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last week went well - and its always more exciting to write and start a preview on the back of that performance.

So now the questions begin.

Flash in the pan, or a sign of things to come. Perhaps a little of both.

Horse will structure different to what WC did IMO so the game will be different.

We will also be missing our Sharkbite with a hammy which im sure will be a few weeks.

Jezza seemed good and unrestricted which was nice to see but as with hammys.... it can be be the 2nd and 3rd week back that can cause issues.

Kolo could also be out with his sore knee but thats not a confirmed thing - just my thoughts.

Can we curtail the Swans good form of late or will the SCG not be a happy place for us Cats to land on our feet.

Can Stanley back up 2 weeks in a row like that. Can Dahl, Atkins, Hendo, Henry, Bews et al keep this momentum going. We shall see

GO Catters

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
I was on the Gold Coast the weekend and an opportunity arose to go the the Suns v Sydney game,fair dinkum the Swans wouldn't have beaten Bannockburn seconds on that performance,they got cut up by the Suns little blokes with leg speed especially off HB and through the centre on the rebound , had no forwards of their own and Ben King ruled supreme at FF for the Gold Coast,another % booster in the making 10 Goals + win coming up.

Surely Holmes comes back in, he’s been constantly b o g in the vfl
The scg with the wide open flanks looks like it will suit us for the first time in a long time. I think our defenders might struggle to hold their usual shape but it could also be the perfect place to get Clark back rolling with his leg speed and their reliance on smalls. Tell him if he lays 6 tackles he stays in for the Richmond game.

Holmes to get another run surely. He should be taking in plenty of confidence and we can have him go to stoppages where there are other kids his age. Could be a breakout game.

Sydney should be harder to beat this week at home than they were at metricon and we'll concede goals a bit more freely but we should be getting this one done easily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think that they'd prefer to give Simpson more than 1 game back having spent summer recovering from a shoulder reco & then a quad injury to interrupt the start of the season, though it will be good to see him back in the seniors sooner than later

Out - O'Connor & Kolodjashnij
In - Clark & Zuth

Keeps to a similar line up as this last weekend with Clark to come into the midfield & Zuth down back

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
I reckon that Stephan Ockenbor has to come into calculations had 26 disposals on the weekend.

He's nowhere near ready, cant kick for starters, and having 26 against an academy side is nothing to write home about... We won by 130 points!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back