Preview Geelong V Sydney - Rd 7 - Sat May 1st 725 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found it interesting how things can change in just a week

When Clark was omitted for our clash with North, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that 90% of comments I read on here & various social media channels weren't happy with that decision, questioned why he was omitted, that he should be an automatic inclusion every week etc

After our clash against WCE, this week I've seen an increasing number of comments where he suddenly isn't that automatic inclusion and time in the VFL may not actually hurt. One of the more interesting observations from his limited time against WCE, was that when he came on he wasn't showing accountability for his opponent - maybe not so important when the team is 90 points up, but the player can then come across as bit of a front runner
Clark has always been a front runner as much as very few fans want to admit it.

I am happy to see Narkle get his chance. I just hope he is given the chance to work in the midfield and run, run, run.....this is a big opportunity for him.

I am surprised people are so vehement about the inclusion of Holmes....yes, clearly talented and a star in the making...but no rush...

He is physically under developed, and I suspect being nurtured by the club very carefully. I suspect perhaps another couple of games this year at most...another pre-season and develop him to be ready to contribute more regularly in 2022....and win his rising star.nomination.....back him to do it.

As I said yesterday, I'm happy for him to keep dominating at VFL level, building his tank and his skills, and really building into a superstar player. Also doesn't hurt that the matches are on Kayo, so I can watch him show off his attributes, rather than getting lost in the AFL side against more seasoned players/played out of position

:)

As I said yesterday, I'm happy for him to keep dominating at VFL level, building his tank and his skills, and really building into a superstar player. Also doesn't hurt that the matches are on Kayo, so I can watch him show off his attributes, rather than getting lost in the AFL side against more seasoned players/played out of position

:)

Exactly - we don't need to rush 1st year players in when there's already big competition for spots (injuries notwithstanding).

As for the VFL being on Kayo - absolutely fantastic! For us fans who don't live in Melbourne/Geelong, it's been fantastic to watch the younger guys run around. To be honest, I'm enjoying the VFL as much as the seniors right now.

We don’t need to lock Clark into a position. His flexibility will increase as he matures.

I hope his career is similar to Duncan’s where he may not have been the strongest inside early on but has built hardness and defensive skills over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly - we don't need to rush 1st year players in when there's already big competition for spots (injuries notwithstanding).

As for the VFL being on Kayo - absolutely fantastic! For us fans who don't live in Melbourne/Geelong, it's been fantastic to watch the younger guys run around. To be honest, I'm enjoying the VFL as much as the seniors right now.

Agreed!

Yeah that's right, and he always gets his share of the footy then some, young fella on the verge of greater things imo.
I think the club needs to recognize his immediate and future value to the team and present opportunities to him.

When he becomes a regular contributor across 4qtrs at VFL level, is when he may then come into consideration for more senior matches.

But based on this years efforts alone where he hasn't shown a sustained 4qtr performance at any level and that he's more of a 1qtr or 1 half contributor, he's going to struggle to be seen as more than a VFL player on the fringes of the AFL

Clark has always been a front runner as much as very few fans want to admit it.

And it's likely why we don't see him spending extensive time in defence - it's good to have an attacking side to ones game as we see with the likes of Stewart, Henry, O'Connor, Bews & Henderson, but they also know when they need to lockdown and go with defence first

Match day discussion time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back