Preview Geelong V West Coast Sat Aug 1 @ Optus Stadium 810 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the team paired up 2 x 2 to get thru the Monsoon V Freo...

We now face a red hot WC at their home ground and im sure a certain #11 for them will be looking to prove his contract worth against us.

We had a good win v Freo but its a huge step up in class this week out.
Coming off the 5 day break we'll be sore and tired.

A good challenge no doubt - but without a #1 ruck, No Selwood, No GAJ its gonna be a tall order.

The good news was that all the "ins" from the Freo game played well and got the job done.

Talk it up here.

Go Catters

After the team paired up 2 x 2 to get thru the Monsoon V Freo...

We now face a red hot WC at their home ground and im sure a certain #11 for them will be looking to prove his contract worth against us.

We had a good win v Freo but its a huge step up in class this week out.
Coming off the 5 day break we'll be sore and tired.

A good challenge no doubt - but without a #1 ruck, No Selwood, No GAJ its gonna be a tall order.

The good news was that all the "ins" from the Freo game played well and got the job done.

Talk it up here.

Go Catters
I'd like to see us go unchanged, although I'm sure with a 5 day turnaround after that huge slog and no recognized ruckman there may be a change or 2. Up until this week I was confident WCE had completely s**t the bed and would be a non-factor this year but after the way they abused the Pies I'm not confident in this game at all!

Not confident, but stranger things have happened.

Pies were without some very key players and exposed on depth - don't think it'll be that bad for the Cats.

Out: Hawkins (susp), ????, ????
In: Kreuger, ????, ????

Would swap out anyone feeling sore. Need to prioritise the win V North on wed.

Could slog our guts here, play well and still lose.

One win from next two is a good result.

Steven will come in for any mid sore.

I wouldn’t risk Rohan on the back up, Krueger in.

Z Guthrie for a sore defender, Bews maybe.

It’s just way too hard to predict who will come out as it depends on who is sore and things we have no knowledge of.

In the mix to come in will be Steven, Narkle (although they will probably err with caution), Parsons, Zuthrie and maybe Kennerley and Evans. Is Atkins close? He’ll be straight back in when available, much to my chagrin.

They have ruled out Stanley so we are going with the same core tall structure unless Hawkins is suspended which will open the door for Kreuger.

I would love to see the Sulphur Crested One but it seems pointless to try to predict when that will happen.

If I had to take a stab at it I’d say something like:

In: Steven, Parsons, Atkins
Out: Parfitt, Miers and one of Guthrie/Menegola (for managing load reasons)

Hawkins susp for what?

Accidental elbow to the Freo player behind him. They'll do him for a week for it. I can feel it

He looks back as he thrusts the elbow back and gets him with the point of the elbow in the chest, but they'll say the upper arm getting him flush in the chin is high contact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best thing about this year we are getting to see more young players, and the only thing i pick on Scott is when players are out of form he keeps playing them

Optus Stadium is were half our injuries have occured since it opened. No way we risk Cocky there.

Foot injuries at that. Save Cocky for the North game in Queensland if he is actually right.

They will definitely bring Steven back for someone. Beyond that it will just come down to how the players pull up.

Even if guys don't need a rest for this one I suspect we will rotate a couple because we've got North 4 days afterwards. Don't want to have everyone back up and then need to make 8 changes next game.

I'd be very surprised if they managed Miers and Menegola on the short back up given they would be the two best endurance athletes on the list after Blitz.
Miers just looks out of form at moment though - might be best to give him a rest this week

We have a 4 day break after this match and it's likely that a good number of players will be rested for the odd game

Foot injuries at that. Save Cocky for the North game in Queensland if he is actually right.

They will definitely bring Steven back for someone. Beyond that it will just come down to how the players pull up.
GABBA can be a hard surface too with the centre wickets

I'd be very surprised if they managed Miers and Menegola on the short back up given they would be the two best endurance athletes on the list after Blitz.

If Miers is omitted, it wouldn't be because he's being managed, it would be due to his poor form over the last month.
He's been playing bruise free football recently and been far too cute with his disposal at times. Needs to extract a digit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back