Game Day Geelong V West Coast Sat Aug 1 @ Optus Stadium 810 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry about those guys too much make sure you pay close attention to Ainsworth and Ahchee otherwise they could run amok.
If Ainsworth and Ah Chee are getting it in space we already failed.

I honestly just hope we're competitive early.

From our best 22 I think it’s only really:
Stanley
Selwood
Dahlhaus
Narkle
Ablett
Clark Atkins,fort, Jenkins are not in our best 22. And you can’t really count Cockatoo as he hasn’t played. Injuries not an excuse here. West coast missing McGovern, Petrucelle, Redden and Rioli
Clark and Atkins for better or for worse were automatic selections last year so I'd count 7 of 22 missing so basically a third of the side out. If anyone tries to use that as an excuse though I'll spew

Watch Scott do something crazy and have him play Blicavs on Kelly and try to run him into the ground going the other way.

Actually TB - its not the craziest move

Blicavs did exactly that - directly opposed to Scott Pendlebury at the MCG one night - destroyed Pendlebury and was awarded 2 Brownlow votes for his effort

Tipping typical Geelong to win tonight then get rolled by Norf Wednesday night.

Given most people are supposedly conceding tonight, and North are not remotely in contention this season, that would actually be fine. 1-1 across the two games, with percentage likely remaining mostly intact would be a satisfactory outcome for our ladder position.

For mine, we're as likely to do what you suggest as we are to drop both. Which is code for 'not that likely', in my view. If we did manage to get it done tonight, I think we can probably get past the Roos in Queensland as well. Particularly if the skipper comes back and a fair proportion of tonight's team can back up in reasonable shape.

In the end, I hope the boys bring a very competitive effort tonight (matching the intent from Monday) and make it a real contest. Despite what some think, the Weagles are far from invincible and we have actually played reasonably well against them in recent years (our last really poor loss to them was back in 2015).

We certainly have some key players out but I really hope the players are not capitulating to excuses before the ball is even bounced.

Last edited:
Our midfield is more then capable of matching theirs. Dangerfield, Duncan, Guthrie(probably in the all Australian squad at the moment), Menegola( same as Guthrie) and Parfitt.
You think so? It'll be good to see how they fare against a more quality outfit. Certainly the likes of Guthrie and Menegola have been good this year but only other opposition in recent games with that level of quality and depth was Collingwood, and their midfield was far more effective in that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually TB - its not the craziest move

Blicavs did exactly that - directly opposed to Scott Pendlebury at the MCG one night - destroyed Pendlebury and was awarded 2 Brownlow votes for his effort
I know it's not the craziest thought. I came up with it :)

Although I must admit I had a slightly crazier thought. Let Blicavs ruck AND follow kelly.
It gives us an extra mid.

If it works they will put Kelly on a wing. Then it becomes Duncan's job.

Comon cats-let’s give them a run for their money. Win the game or make them earn it.
Absolutely must take it up to them.
Percentage is too easy to lose this year.

I like that we haven't changed the team. Let's go for it.
We actually have the backline to stop them.

But, I don't think we have a mid for gaff.
And our forward line is suss.

Need some free goals early.

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help me (it's not gameday relevant so bare with me) find an awesome pre-finals or pre-grand final clip in 2011 of the Cats to the song Listen to your Heart.
Clip goes through bomber and Gaz leaving, sets a sombre mood then goes thru showing how resilient we were...
I cannot seem to find it and I have someone I'm desperate to share it with.

Last edited:
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help me (it's not gameday relevant so bare with me) find an awesome pre-finals or pre-grand final clip in 2011 of the Cats to the song Listen to your Heart.
Clip goes through bomber and Gaz leaving, sets a sombre mood then goes thru showing how resilient we were...
I cannot seem to find it and I have someone I'm desperate to share it with.
Can't find it online anywhere now - must have been deleted, but I've got it saved I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back