Game Day Geelong V West Coast Sat Aug 1 @ Optus Stadium 810 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im busy at work right now so this will be brief.

We are unchanged.

They have changes.

We are underdogs.

They are not.

Its at their home.

We are not allowed to play at our home.

We have injuries and some look remarkedly like hard surface at Optus type injuries.

They do not.

Hope we at least give them a run for their $$

GO Catters

Im busy at work right now so this will be brief.

We are unchanged.

They have changes.

We are underdogs.

They are not.

Its at their home.

We are not allowed to play at our home.

We have injuries and some look remarkedly like hard surface at Optus type injuries.

They do not.

Hope we at least give them a run for their $$

GO Catters

There's gotta be a late change - surely??

Late change a certainty.

As Kennedy pointed out in an article over the last few days, he's only had a day out on Harry once that he can recall.

I doubt Kennedy has a game like he did last week.

Gonna go close.

Good luck boys. If you guys can pull this off you are a serious contender. You guys have stars missing who's better years have passed them by. We are also missing Gov and Rioli so I guess there shouldn't be any excuses.

Good luck boys. If you guys can pull this off you are a serious contender. You guys have stars missing who's better years have passed them by. We are also missing Gov and Rioli so I guess there shouldn't be any excuses.
We are missing 8 of our first 22, and 10 of our first 25.
Luck shouldn't really enter into it.

We are missing 8 of our first 22, and 10 of our first 25.
Luck shouldn't really enter into it.
From our best 22 I think it’s only really:
Stanley
Selwood
Dahlhaus
Narkle
Ablett
Clark Atkins,fort, Jenkins are not in our best 22. And you can’t really count Cockatoo as he hasn’t played. Injuries not an excuse here. West coast missing McGovern, Petrucelle, Redden and Rioli

Stanley
Selwood
Dahlhaus
Narkle
Maybe Clark

Atkins,fort, Jenkins are not in our best 22. And you can’t really count Cockatoo as he hasn’t played. Injuries not an excuse here. West coast missing McGovern, Petrucelle, Redden and Rioli
Ablett not in your best 22? His best years have passed him by but he'd walk into any team's 22 I'd imagine. Also Petrucelle is not a walk up starter.

At least we get used to playing there 3 weeks in a row.
And no travel issues.
Sav will rise to the occasion again to play against his fellow countryman.
Hawkins is in good form, as are Duncan, Guthrie, Menegola, Tuohy and Parfitt.
Danger is always good.
If Kolo can find his best this week, our defence might hold up.
MOC, Henry, Taylor and Bews are also playing well.
Blicavs always gives 100%.
Lots to be positive about.
But watching the Pies dismantle us and then WCE doing worse to them, it is hard to be confident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we get used to playing there 3 weeks in a row.
And no travel issues.
Sav will rise to the occasion again to play against his fellow countryman.
Hawkins is in good form, as are Duncan, Guthrie, Menegola, Tuohy and Parfitt.
Danger is always good.
If Kolo can find his best this week, our defence might hold up.
MOC, Henry, Taylor and Bews are also playing well.
Blicavs always gives 100%.
Lots to be positive about.
But watching the Pies dismantle us and then WCE doing worse to them, it is hard to be confident.

It’s Nic Nat’s strength that worries A lot of ruckman. I think Sav will actually do well and nullify this strength of Nic Nat As Sav is a massive body. Nic Nat’s Tap work is the thing that might trouble Sav tonight.

It’s Nic Nat’s strength that worries A lot of ruckman. I think Sav will actually do well and nullify this strength of Nic Nat As Sav is a massive body. Nic Nat’s Tap work is the thing that might trouble Sav tonight.
Sav will learn a lot tonight.
Hopefully not too costly.
He is highly energetic and NN is not known for his outrageous fitness.
But NN is so dominant when he's on- none better imho.

I think our forwards will go alright against their defenders but I’m worried Nic Nat and their mids will rip us a new pooper and the way they deliver to the forwards will stretch our defence. I think WC win this by 30+.

I think our forwards will go alright against their defenders but I’m worried Nic Nat and their mids will rip us a new pooper and the way they deliver to the forwards will stretch our defence. I think WC win this by 30+.
Who gets Kelly?

Kelly, Gaff, Sheed, Yeo, Shuey?????
I don’t think we have anyone I’d send to Kelly, I’d say Guthrie but he’s playing to well to sacrifice his game for Kelly.

Our midfield is more then capable of matching theirs. Dangerfield, Duncan, Guthrie(probably in the all Australian squad at the moment), Menegola( same as Guthrie) and Parfitt.

Kelly, Gaff, Sheed, Yeo, Shuey?????
I don’t think we have anyone I’d send to Kelly, I’d say Guthrie but he’s playing to well to sacrifice his game for Kelly.
I wouldn't worry about those guys too much make sure you pay close attention to Ainsworth and Ahchee otherwise they could run amok.

Stanley No he's not, but he's best 25
Selwood
Dahlhaus
Narkle
Ablett
Clark Yes he is Atkins Yes he is fort Yes he is, Jenkins are not in our best 22 But he's best 25. And you can’t really count Cockatoo Yes you can as he hasn’t played Which was my point. Injuries not an excuse here. West coast missing McGovern, Petrucelle, Redden and Rioli

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't see us winning this but if the boys do, then that would be a season-defining result for the club. I'll keep everything crossed, but if we don't get the chocolates then I at least hope Geelong gives them a run for their money and it's not a ten goal smashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back