Preview Geelong v West Coast Sunday Apr 28 @ GMHBA

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will constable coming back push Selwood back onto the wing or will he stay on the inside like last week?
Selwood is going into the middle a little more as he gains fitness ... but I reckon it will still be a lot less and only when really needed in the first half of the season, as we get tot he pointy end he will get a lot more time in there.

His performance is currently underwhelming on any measure. We may not have a better option to bring instead which is a valid reason to keep him in, but his current performances are subpar albeit that CHF is a very hard position to play when you're young.
I hear ya! But... Do you think we have anyone who's gonna impact contests as much as Sav? (Including Tommy)
With the small forward brigade we now have it plays to (can you believe it?) our strengths now.
I watched Ben Brown last night barely able to impact a contest, and the spare back just standing in front of him taking marks.
Having a Sav just impacting without kicking goals would've been more beneficial for them than having a gun like Brown.

My god get over your obsession and just enjoy the game.

Weird comment. I thoroughly enjoy all of our games. Go look over my comments about games of ours.

I’d say your referring to the trolls we have on here who couldn’t even enjoy a finals win over hawthorn. Not me. I have no issues enjoying our football

The eagles at their best are probably the best team this year, so let’s hope they don’t bring their A game. If they do, then I hope the cats have something like a “dirty ball” plan like Port last weekend.

Who knows if they are the best this year. They have had some ordinary losses.

Tomorrow will tell a lot about both sides.

Elite sides hardly ever don’t bounce back from terrible losses the week after.

West coast will be firing at their best don’t worry. We can walk away knowing exactly where we stand in relation to them tomorrow

Weird comment. I thoroughly enjoy all of our games. Go look over my comments about games of ours.

I’d say your referring to the trolls we have on here who couldn’t even enjoy a finals win over hawthorn. Not me. I have no issues enjoying our football
It's just all of this "I bet if such and such happens___, such and such will say _____, haha they are so such and such". Especially if that thing happening would be immensely positive...THAT is the thing to focus on, the implications of the event. I get it's a public forum and therefore completely understand criticising the comments as/if they come. The whole conjecture of what a bunch of people might say about the coach if a certain scenario happens, that's the bit I don't understand.

Will/won't Sav play, how do we negate their intercept play, how will they play the narrow ground, what do we amend from the GWS game, what will be the key match ups etc? These are all immensely superior talking points than the merits of Scott's boo boys or disciples. There's a thread for that.

It's just all of this "I bet if such and such happens___, such and such will say _____, haha they are so such and such". Especially if that thing happening would be immensely positive...THAT is the thing to focus on, the implications of the event. I get it's a public forum and therefore completely understand criticising the comments as/if they come. The whole conjecture of what a bunch of people might say about the coach if a certain scenario happens, that's the bit I don't understand.

Will/won't Sav play, how do we negate their intercept play, how will they play the narrow ground, what do we amend from the GWS game, what will be the key match ups etc? These are all immensely superior talking points than the merits of Scott's boo boys or disciples. There's a thread for that.

Phew! hope the guy's asleep.

Relax you seem the type who gets a bit worked up easily or overly sensitive judging from this long rant . A lot of it like the one you responded to above is just a bit of fun if you didn’t catch the narrative. It wasn’t a serious tone.

I stand by what i said about needing to try plan B though we have hopefully learnt from 2013 and 2016 when Hawkins and Menzelwere crocked for large parts of the year but we didnt try plan B and then were forced into makeshift options in finals.
Admittedly there's no change we wouldn't try in hindsight with a losing team.

But I do agree with what you're generally saying. From that perspective, there's really three Plan B options available:
1) Play another tall forward who can relief-ruck in place of SavRat (most likely Fort or Buzza IMO)
2) Play another ruckman (most likely Abbott) and send Stanley forward, or
3) Play Hawkins further up the ground and Rohan out of the square.

Of that, I prefer options 1, 3, then 2, in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back