Preview Geelong v West Coast Sunday Apr 28 @ GMHBA

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many bradurys in the 2000s with the exception of our friends in 2008.

Even though we are playing the premiers I would be really let down if we don't win this one. They're not quite all guns blazing at the moment and it's been a while since they took us out on our patch. 13 years in fact.

I remember that belting we gave them at KP around this time in 07 that gave us heart for the rest of the season. Hoping for more of them same on Sunday.

Really? Maybe in 2002, but in the other two years, they went in as underdogs.

Brisbane were nowhere near as dominant as the Saints were in '09. They were excellent in September, but greatly assisted by the fact that the best H&A team in two of those years (Port Adelaide) crapped their pants in the QF.

Yep but September is when it counts though, Hawks weren't the best team in 08, we weren't in 09/11. Brisbane was dominant when it mattered, lost just one match across those three finals campaigns, won most of their matched comfortably and towelled PA in 01/02, so being dominant during the season doesn't really count for much if you can't get the job done in September I guess.

Reckon that they, along with Geelong 07/09, were the two best teams of this decade.

Port very good in 04 too. They would definitely have taken 05/06 though. As would Dogs 09 side. They were seriously good too.

Yeah quite possibly, just don't think they would have beaten Brisbane 01/03 though.

Not dropping them just wondering if they're getting sore.

Honestly Menegola is the one I've got question marks over of those forward/mid players. He does some good things I just don't really see what his current role is and when he's bad he's utterly horrendous. Like 2 turnovers yesterday under no pressure going inside 50 that hit Hawks lace out and allowed them to immediately rebound.

Agreed. He had one of his best games against Adel and then two weeks of some pretty poor footy. His kicking a weapon usually has been off. Hawks game he kicked a numbers of times to haw advantage.

I’d be looking at him to bounce back sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We'll win this by 4 or 5 goals. The Eagles play a slow tempo style and like to use the wider grounds.

In: Tuohy, Constable

Out: Clark (rest) Parfitt (inj)

Tempted to bring in Fort for Ratugolea if he's sore.

I thought weagles under Simpson played a modified hawthorn game plan based on precision kicking and marking power. Probably a good tune up this last Monday.

I thought weagles under Simpson played a modified hawthorn game plan based on precision kicking and marking power. Probably a good tune up this last Monday.

Very similar. They like to use the wide grounds to build forward entries by spotting up targets.

Even though we are playing the premiers I would be really let down if we don't win this one. They're not quite all guns blazing at the moment and it's been a while since they took us out on our patch. 13 years in fact.

I remember that belting we gave them at KP around this time in 07 that gave us heart for the rest of the season. Hoping for more of them same on Sunday.

Bit hard to beat us in Geelong when they don't play us in Geelong.

They've made the trip twice in 9 years.

Sums up the fairness of the fixture.

Both Sydney 2005 and West Coast 2006 were pretty flawed sides as far as premiership winners go. Brisbane were probably the third-best side in 2003, but Port and Collingwood both had September Shockers. Still, anyone who wins a three-peat is doing ok ;)

As would Dogs 09 side. They were seriously good too.
They were good, but not very good, IIRC. I never really considered them a threat to us in the premiership race, even though they had a genuinely good September.

They just did not have the star power of the other sides, and didn't have a decent key forward. Barry Hall came a few years too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a notification from the AFL app that a gun Geelong mid was ruled out. Turns out it was just Parfitt.
Uh ha. The afl site just trying to get a few more hits....No drama, most of us picked that up in the second half i reckon when Parf was unsited.
Interesting one when they rest up Clark. Plateau'd the last few weeks, but you can see why Wells went after him. Even last monday a couple of times the dashes out of dfence followed up by some silky precision delivery further up.

Where does Tuohy go?
I'd be happy if he went to a wing.
We've been using Duncan to do some of Tuohy's work; might see Dunc play more a MF role .
Clark would be a good chance to be managed.

They are both 191cm, and it's not KPF size in modern footy. Constable is 191cm, Danger and Menegola are both 189.

191 was barely KPF size fifteen years ago - their strength is also in their mobility.

I heard Allen's added a couple since his under 18 days, he's a good 193 and Darling looks his 191 plus.
With Vardy and Kennedy thrown in as well they're not small.

Last edited:
Outs
B.Parfitt ( Quad )
J.Clark ( managed / Rested )

Ins
C.Constable
Z.Tuohy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back