VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neale just not looking likely at this stage.
Another preseason or two.

Not much else out here. Ratugolea has looked lively in ruck but he doesn't do enough around the ground.
Slim pickings.

Sav has looked useless

I agree.
He's really the only one who looks half decent though and that's the issue. The Greek looks like he has a long way to go. For his size, doesn't take marks.

Knevitt has a lot of talent. Probably a couple years away as well from getting regular games.

I didn't see the game but obviously we got flogged.

I'm just happy to see that Knevitt got a bit of the ball.
He was the bright light. Without Dal, higgo, Narkle nor Stephens it meant they played Mitch a lot more in the middle. First qtr was great and showed imo that he will be very good for us in a couple of years. like a lot of young midfielders they tend to play out of position early and I don’t think he is suited to the wing.

Frank kicked a couple of goals but not much impact really

hard day for the talls and forwards. Was wet and apparently 6 degrees! Neale didn’t get a look in (but made most of limited opportunities) and Dempsey the same (laid 5 tackles but couldn’t get clean ball given conditions and dominance of Frankston. Didn’t play midfield as much as I would have liked). Sav had a dirty day playing ruck and forward. Paul T actually did ok in ruck (Frankston rucks were undersized) but it didn’t lead to good clearances. Stevens first game back was average

That is extent of afl listed (most have played only handful of vfl games!)

of the vfl players chalcraft got the ball again but his disposal was not good at all. Probably the conditions. Lloyd and Jack Evans gave a bit

The last qtr (maybe Frankston relaxed?) played with much more aggression with Ollie getting half his (low) possessions playing higher and Neal getting some good shots.

Overall I think they made a mistake to go so young with VFL list given AFL list is old (so lots injured or managed each week) - which leaves the VFL team undersized every week against both afl and standalone clubs. It hurts the development of the players IMHO. Hoping the next few weeks (with AFL list more healthy) we get to see 5-6 bigger bodied more experienced AFL listed players coming back to support the team

Issue now is that VFL team is likely to miss the finals which isn’t great for AFL team in September (no where for those next 6 to keep pushing for selection). I think the club has missed a trick with this and hope they correct next year by bringing in 4-6 mature VFL players as core

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was our worst game this year, after the 1 qt some of our players did not give 100 percent...and don't count qt the last Frankston put the Que in the rack
Agree, seemed to lack spirit after falling behind. 3rd qtr was particularly suprising (bad) as expected a response after a blast at half time.

At least against Southport they fought and were just underpowered…maybe just a rejection of spending too much time on the “wrong peninsula?” 😯

They have a tough back up next week against an undefeated Casey who are very tough with lots of AFL listed players working hard to get back in. Would think we get Conway back (and maybe hopefully one of those other first players get back soon???) along with 4-5 from the AFL squad (those who don’t play Thursday).

Will still be watching!

Agree, seemed to lack spirit after falling behind. 3rd qtr was particularly suprising (bad) as expected a response after a blast at half time.

At least against Southport they fought and were just underpowered…maybe just a rejection of spending too much time on the “wrong peninsula?” 😯

They have a tough back up next week against an undefeated Casey who are very tough with lots of AFL listed players working hard to get back in. Would think we get Conway back (and maybe hopefully one of those other first players get back soon???) along with 4-5 from the AFL squad (those who don’t play Thursday).

Will still be watching!
Oh i will be still watching, i was just pi--ed off with this effort some players thought why put the body on the line we are getting trashed, and this was the first time i seen this,this year

Issue now is that VFL team is likely to miss the finals which isn’t great for AFL team in September (no where for those next 6 to keep pushing for selection). I think the club has missed a trick with this and hope they correct next year by bringing in 4-6 mature VFL players as core

This is a potential issue for sure.

Ok. So I just randomly felt like being positive on a Monday!

What if VFL team gets back Ceglar, Parfitt, Toby, Stephens, Dal, Zane and one of Higgins/Miers (the other to be a sub in AFL. If sub not used might get both!). Could be up to 15 AFL listed players (I know I am dreaming!)

Now that might change the dynamics on Friday night. Probably still not strong enough to beat Casey (!) but might make VFL a cracking game.

Boys need to have a crack this week after poor effort on Saturday

Ok. So I just randomly felt like being positive on a Monday!

What if VFL team gets back Ceglar, Parfitt, Toby, Stephens, Dal, Zane and one of Higgins/Miers (the other to be a sub in AFL. If sub not used might get both!). Could be up to 15 AFL listed players (I know I am dreaming!)

Now that might change the dynamics on Friday night. Probably still not strong enough to beat Casey (!) but might make VFL a cracking game.

Boys need to have a crack this week after poor effort on Saturday
The more AFL players that Geelong bring in the more games that they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back