VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the same but he did a couple of decent things late getting to the right spots. Disposal by foot needs to be far more consistent though.
Yeah nowhere near it by foot and that’s death for a player in his role.

I didn’t see the game but check the stats and Tom Campbell max heath absolutely dominated our rucks… did ceglar and Conway get injured or just get destroyed all day?? What happened
Was really just Toby with a bit of help from others. Cegs out early.

Toby will be c good but doesn’t have tank to compete with good seasoned ruckman yet.

Without wanting to go overboard about it on the basis of a late-season VFL game, there's a lot to like about what Willis has shown today. He has a mix of attributes - acceleration, agility, strong hands, decent kick, good footy IQ - that screams AFL standard footballer. Also seems reasonably tough, so could be an inside/outside mid which is what we need.
Brilliant summary Baudolino
Second time I’ve seen him and seems to have all the attributes needed to make it at the top level.
He was burnt a few times after giving it off and running to the next contest , reckon he gets used if that’s in the 1’s- very impressive.

Siren goes and not a player moves.

Totally spent

GO Catters
Noticed that. They had a crack. Sandy good team so a good effort

Narkle looked dominating early then again seemed disinterested. Higgins did enough to keep his vfl and coaching roles!

Sam tries to do too much I think. Got himself into trouble a number of times.

Ollie unsighted in first half but much improved last half. Should persist on the wing as that will be his spot with a couple more pre seasons.

Frank is interesting. Afl skills but I think just not enough speed.

Loved SAV in backline. Should persist

Bruce Willis best viewing so far. Has something.

Mitch also I think will keep getting better.

Good day at the footy.

Surely his gone?
he can get 1 more year I think... this is the end of his 2 initially.

Id roll with him as a Cat B again... let him get another pre season and reassess at end of next year.

GO Catters

he can get 1 more year I think... this is the end of his 2 initially.

Id roll with him as a Cat B again... let him get another pre season and reassess at end of next year.

GO Catters
Agree. I don’t think he will make it. Too slow (has other attributes though). But a cat B is no harm giving 3rd and final year. Pretty sure they will

Thought the same but he did a couple of decent things late getting to the right spots. Disposal by foot needs to be far more consistent though.
you think the skills arent there or the lack of fitness is getting him as he tires faster coming off a lower base and fatigue monster strikes.

Kid is 19? and started mid season... Jed Bews had no VFL tank either...

Not saying you are wrong or he'll make it.... just looking at reasons why.

GO Catters

you think the skills arent there or the lack of fitness is getting him as he tires faster coming off a lower base and fatigue monster strikes.

Kid is 19? and started mid season... Jed Bews had no VFL tank either...

Not saying you are wrong or he'll make it.... just looking at reasons why.

GO Catters

I’m not sure whether he will make it or not either. Just saying there were a few things I saw that made me think there was something to work with. He needs to be given a proper pre season to see whether he can progress. Think it would be unfair to cut him at the end of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year every time you think a player is gone then, Sav he plays like today, Evans looks gone then has good games, Tsap has looked useless in games then he has a game like today, Stevens.....just a hard year to find players to delist
I haven't watched as many senior and vfl games as I would have liked this year. Who would you delist?

Mate you did not watch the game yes he got beaten but he did a lot of good things, he will get some games next year
i don't have to watch the game to figure out he got his ass kicked by tom cambell, the stats clearly tell that story. It is fine ruckman take years to develop and he looks very promising from what i have seen, but lets not go calling it something it wasnt today and claiming he is close to senior level ruck standard??. Tom Cambell is a backup senior reserves ruckman, so it probably shows how far conway still has to come if he let tom cambell dominate him that badly in the ruck and around the ground as cambell got 28 touches 33 hitouts 2 goals and 8 marks in easily a BOG game.

i don't have to watch the game to figure out he got his ass kicked by tom cambell, the stats clearly tell that story. It is fine ruckman take years to develop and he looks very promising from what i have seen, but lets not go calling it something it wasnt today and claiming he is close to senior level ruck standard??. Tom Cambell is a backup senior reserves ruckman, so it probably shows how far conway still has to come if he let tom cambell dominate him that badly in the ruck and around the ground as cambell got 28 touches 33 hitouts 2 goals and 8 marks in easily a BOG game.
Mate you are so good you know everything

So he got smashed in the ruck?? Probably a bit off seniors then since cambell and heath are not exactly top rucks
Smashed a bit harsh. Didn’t have much support and isn’t fit enough to compete whole game.

He will be good after another pre season

Nope. You do need to watch to get the context. Tom played forward a lot. And not against Toby. He did play well against a backline that has bean beaten all year.

Toby will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back