VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coming back I think Kroeger might be a shot at some minutes based on him training last few weeks.

A 33% increase in the afl listed players in the 2s
In other words, one additional AFL listed player?

Finding and rebounding the ball well, probably been Geelong's best VFL player so far.
Hes been really solid. I could see him getting a rookie offer from someone of his forms carries thru the year

Go Catters

Ling looks AFL quality to me. Hope he gets a shot.

Unfortunately we need either a ruck or another KPD (because SDK goes down, we're f**ked) so doubt we'll pick him up, but yeah, in the game's I've watched he's been a cut above and wouldn't begrudge him getting a crack somewhere else.

I think we should rookie him or even consider with our last ND pick at years end.
He's tracking well at this point, I agree. If his form holds up throughout the year, I think we could definitely look at adding him to the rookie list for next season.

His skiils are strong, for a start. And his years of experience in the AFL system (despite all the injuries) would hold him in good stead.

Only turning 24 next season as well.

I think we should rookie him or even consider with our last ND pick at years end.

Can he be more than just a 184cm backman? Id like to see playing as a mid. If has mid potential then at 23 I wonder how he stacks up internally. I remember with the Pods drafting , questions were getting asked internally ..why isn't this guy on a list etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's tracking well at this point, I agree. If his form holds up throughout the year, I think we could definitely look at adding him to the rookie list for next season.

His skiils are strong, for a start. And his years of experience in the AFL system (despite all the injuries) would hold him in good stead.

Only turning 24 next season as well.
Can he be more than just a 184cm backman? Id like to see playing as a mid. If has mid potential then at 23 I wonder how he stacks up internally. I remember with the Pods drafting , questions were getting asked internally ..why isn't this guy on a list etc.

He also helps to address the age imbalance on our list. We’ve drafted a number of mids with inside games - Ling also provides a point of difference in that regard. He appears to have finally got his body right.

I think TC he’ll play a half back/wing role. Doubt he spends significant time at centre bounces but could be wrong. His speed and kicking skills are what we would need to utilize on the outside I think.

He also helps to address the age imbalance on our list. We’ve drafted a number of mids with inside games - Ling also provides a point of difference in that regard. He appears to have finally got his body right.

I think TC he’ll play a half back/wing role. Doubt he spends significant time at centre bounces but could be wrong. His speed and kicking skills are what we would need to utilize on the outside I think.

Haven't noticed him at all in the VFL games I've watched this year. Not sure he's justified a spot.

Not so much CB's but what is his tank like, whats his raw speed...can he seperate and create thru the middle and create. He plays the HB role well but a lot will say thats one of the easier roles, with time to go back and kick etc. Im not sure there is any such thing as easy to be honest... its what your natural attributes pander to.

I would like to see him released a bit, perhaps technically the wing ..but I find in the mad scramble of bodies it pays little attention to positions ...its about role. Id like to see him use the speed and skill a bit to be more attacking. ...but internally would be where he would be able to draw eyes. If he could set speed and stamina marks that allow head nods and and winks ... then who knows... maybe he could be a MSD option.

To be honest ... id prefer MSD to be like that, to draw form ones own lower level that is not listed. I do not like the idea of of messing up sides at a lower level..its shows a disregard for their season. Its not that..I think the MSD is almost a defacto way to give lower sides an extra punch of talent. For example North will have first pick...and my bet is they call out a kid Jai Cully who would probably be a P20-P30 at the national.

Not so much CB's but what is his tank like, whats his raw speed...can he seperate and create thru the middle and create. He plays the HB role well but a lot will say thats one of the easier roles, with time to go back and kick etc. Im not sure there is any such thing as easy to be honest... its what your natural attributes pander to.

I would like to see him released a bit, perhaps technically the wing ..but I find in the mad scramble of bodies it pays little attention to positions ...its about role. Id like to see him use the speed and skill a bit to be more attacking. ...but internally would be where he would be able to draw eyes. If he could set speed and stamina marks that allow head nods and and winks ... then who knows... maybe he could be a MSD option.

To be honest ... id prefer MSD to be like that, to draw form ones own lower level that is not listed. I do not like the idea of of messing up sides at a lower level..its shows a disregard for their season. Its not that..I think the MSD is almost a defacto way to give lower sides an extra punch of talent. For example North will have first pick...and my bet is they call out a kid Jai Cully who would probably be a P20-P30 at the national.

I’m not sure we’ll consider him in the MSD for that last spot. I’d assume we’ll look to sure up our KPD position with Henry looking like being on the sidelines for an extended period. But not sure there’s an obvious candidate to call for that role?

I’m not sure we’ll consider him in the MSD for that last spot. I’d assume we’ll look to sure up our KPD position with Henry looking like being on the sidelines for an extended period. But not sure there’s an obvious candidate to call for that role?

There are players but I suspect we will not get access to them. Who will be available at our pick. Only a while ago there was only 5 teams with picks but its more than that now. I don't think any tall has stood out in the Colgate game.

Dahlhaus to get a senior recall?

North Melbourne 8.10 (58) lost to Geelong 10.17 (77)
Luke Dahlhaus (Gee)
7 Marty Hore (NM)
7 Jackson McLachlan (Gee)
4 Jye Chalcraft (Gee)
2 Dom Tyson (NM)
1 Charlie Comben (NM)

Dahlhaus to get a senior recall?

North Melbourne 8.10 (58) lost to Geelong 10.17 (77)
Luke Dahlhaus (Gee)
7 Marty Hore (NM)
7 Jackson McLachlan (Gee)
4 Jye Chalcraft (Gee)
2 Dom Tyson (NM)
1 Charlie Comben (NM)
For the love of god no let him be a leader in the 2s for the rest of the year unless absolutely needed. So only if 3 of Miers , Stengle , Evans and Close are out at the same time.

For the love of god no let him be a leader in the 2s for the rest of the year unless absolutely needed. So only if 3 of Miers , Stengle , Evans and Close are out at the same time.

In other words - Evans & Close to be omitted to keep Miers & Dahlhaus in the seniors

😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back