Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
You can read into it that our vfl team did very well and won against the odds away.
Yeah, but that has no bearing on the AFL side.

Our VFL side is, effectively, a reserves team. Its major function is to provide talent for the AFL side and give an environment where they can learn and grow. Winning is nice, but I'd suggest it's complementary rather than the main aim.

Sensible Cat

Senior List
Jan 10, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Our VFL side is, effectively, a reserves team. Its major function is to provide talent for the AFL side and give an environment where they can learn and grow. Winning is nice, but I'd suggest it's complementary rather than the main aim.
If the VFL can make the finals it's a real boost for the AFL team at finals time.
Any depth that may be needed can still play games.

Anyone know why Dempsey wasn't playing? Was he one of the traveling emergencies for the senior side?
Traveling emergency who didn't play this weekend - think this would be his first weekend off from playing this season, so likely a well deserved rest

We win 77 to 58 very ugly last qt Rohan got a few more touches after half time Mclachlan kicked 3

Im staggered we won with less than 5 afl listed players (and rohan not fully match fit). I know north are rebuilding but if thats how their 2s side is going then they are in trouble long term. Well done by us though.

Agreed but winning culture helps drive high performance standards.

Not Geelong related, but did the Carlton VFL side head back up to the big smoke at 3/4 time?

1651923739818.png

Just had a look at our quarter by quarter scores - was there a wind that popped up in the 2nd and 4th quarters blowing across the face of goal down our end or something? Kicked a combined 1.12 in those two quarters, and 9.5 in the 1st and 3rd.

Kitcat

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Just had a look at our quarter by quarter scores - was there a wind that popped up in the 2nd and 4th quarters blowing across the face of goal down our end or something? Kicked a combined 1.12 in those two quarters, and 9.5 in the 1st and 3rd.
The wind favoured us in the first but was variable in the second. Then I left to watch the AFL match.

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
ok but like most young ruckman, they look a lot like a baby giraffe, a ruckman is the hardest player to say he is going to be a great player, it's like you have to wait until they are 25 before you say yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back