• Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Casey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Ftriumph%2Fcolbert-report.gif

The chances of getting Tom Stewart in the rookie draft are long gone.
Presumably you mean as he will get taken before then...

He's been better than solid all year - Id call it the Scarlo effect TBH - and if that means we use a Hayball pick on him.. so be it.

WE'll have them to burn.

GO Catters

Finally found the thread!! (that ignore button has plenty of uses, but beware it is all encompassing)

My impressions.

Missing a fair few as stated already.

First half was pretty insipid and we were hammered at the stoppages. Centre bounce mids were Murdoch, Cunico McLachlan (sp?)and three or four VFL .
Casey well on top with plenty of ball getting to the outside and spending a lot of time in the forward half.

Second half saw a complete turn around Geelong won some clearances (same inside mids) but more importantly won a lot of hard ball around the ground. Tackling intensity improved dramatically leading to turnovers and they were punished. Geelong into a breeze in the third cut the lead by 20 points and in the last we finished well (some excellent defence as well as good ball movement and conversion).

I'll start with Stewart. from where I sat I could see two opp. club scouts at work. They must have noticed today.
he was excellent in defence all day and just to show off when we were controlling ball through the middle picked his moments to run forward. Both goals on the run and both finished with aplomb. He doesn't look much IMO but he will have been noticed by now.

House. I still have my doubts about fitness (has to stop putting his hands on hips if not really blown out). Liked his effort in the second when the game was played in Casey forward half. He played up the ground and presented well. His hands are very good one on one. In the last also his ability to get to the right spots as the ball was coming in was excellent. Good set shot. (he was manned by Dunn and Garland - mainly the second i think

Lucey was OK v Spencer (who I rate a bit). Good up forward when resting- two goals?

Billy was OK just working his was back. No real impact

Delaney v Pederson . His first half was not as good as I have seen but his second half was very good. Pederson got a couple I think but considering the first half supply it could have been plenty.

Luxford - no change - only sporadic input

Cunico- Loves the spot where a 20m kick can be accepted. Was honoured a few times and his fairly good kicking makes it worth while. played inside for the game and had a crack. Go better as the game went on.

Cornell - one lovely kick for goal from distance when we were just about down and out. Not a lot of other stuff.

Bates came on at quarter time. He provided a bit of spark. Looks great with ball in hand. lovely kick. In and out.

Murdoch. Found himself in the middle of packs. Starting mid at a lot of centre clearances. Not really his go but he had a dip. Ran hard and laid a couple of great tackles as we fought back. Two nice kicks for goal.

Can't think of any more.

Geelong 3.1 5.2 8.4 13.5 (83)
Casey Scorpions 4.4 9.5 10.8 10.12 (72)

GOALS:
Geelong: Lucey 2 Stewart 2 Dobson 2 Bews House Abbott Haintz Bates Cornell Murdoch
Casey Scorpions: Scott 3 Hulett 2 Kennedy-Harris Pedersen Grimes Wagner Smith

BEST:
Geelong: Atkins Cunico Abbott Stewart Dobson Bews
Casey Scorpions: Jones Grimes Trengove Scott Salem

Back