Preview Geelong vs Adelaide, Friday 2nd June, 7:50pm @ Simonds Stadium

Winner + Margin?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballarat during the day, Geelong for Dinner not with whichever crows supporter was having dinner with Mardi. You know I was on him going the whole time I just had him being traded and after you loaded that hack Gore to us it appears we have lost on that although Milera looked damn good on Saturday night a long way to go before he becomes the next McLeod
I realise you a responding to a post, but no more on the PFD dinner stuff.

WE are taking about the upcoming game not the trade history.

Move on... both of you.

Go Catters

Hi all, Really looking forward to this one. Should provide us a true indication of where we're at.

Reckon it will be a close one with you guys getting the edge in the midfield (great to see Duncan take his game to the next level, he has been exceptional this year, just hopefully not this week;)). I expect you to bit a bit too strong at home by about 2-3 goals. Hoping for a good game with no injuries! All the best :thumbsu:

A reminder to take the ducking mythology elsewhere. Offenders will be infracted.

Just as a note joel never gets any protection from the umpire/MRP for the off the ball stuff. It's doing my head in. If he gets a free its always clearly there and because he gets to the ball and the port (worst team at it) get to it second and try to take his head off. Clearly both Paddy (thanks Roughy) and Joel are targeted with off the ball stuff. Now these people call him a cheat I mean for god sakes. Fmedrunk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a feeling they may move Taylor down back for this week.

Think that's unlikely with Lonergan coming back. If he is managed another week then Taylor might be moved back, but I don't see Lonergan having 3 weeks rest including our bye.

What about your numbers when Sloane has a poor game?

Don't know. Sloane is a good player but midfield performance does not depend on just one or two good players. The Crouch brothers are really starting to collect some big numbers this year.

Statistics from last year suggest that Adelaide had the 4th best midfield performance:

mid2016bar.png

Geelong were the best in 2016 though. Adelaide have improved quite a bit over last year, but I don't know if it will be enough to get Adelaide over the line against Geelong at home. Big ask.

Dunno Jenkins, Walker, Lynch could be a nice match up Henderson, Longergan, Taylor.
Lynch is the perfect match-up for Kolodjashnij.

Lonergan takes Walker and Henderson takes Jenkins.
Don't know. Sloane is a good player but midfield performance does not depend on just one or two good players. The Crouch brothers are really starting to collect some big numbers this year.

Statistics from last year suggest that Adelaide had the 4th best midfield performance:

mid2016bar.png

Geelong were the best in 2016 though. Adelaide have improved quite a bit over last year, but I don't know if it will be enough to get Adelaide over the line against Geelong at home. Big ask.
You don't need to convince me.

I hope every side inc the Crows go into our games with the same mindset as the majority of football followers and vdubs, the same common theme will keep reoccurring.

I hope every side inc the Crows go into our games with the same mindset as the majority of football followers and vdubs, the same common theme will keep reoccurring.
Agree on Kolo to Lynch but would prefer Lonergan to Jenkins and Henderson on Walker.

Crows have only two players worth worrying about, Sloane and Betts. If the Crows try and tag Selsy then he goes to Sloane. Bews stays goal side of Betts, and we win easy!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as a note joel never gets any protection from the umpire/MRP for the off the ball stuff. It's doing my head in. If he gets a free its always clearly there and because he gets to the ball and the port (worst team at it) get to it second and try to take his head off. Clearly both Paddy (thanks Roughy) and Joel are targeted with off the ball stuff. Now these people call him a cheat I mean for god sakes. Fmedrunk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you think you could pass this onto other boards and the media?

Kolo is terribly out of form. Probably still recovering from his Glandular Fever.

Do you think you could pass this onto other boards and the media?

Me no! Tried to highlight all of this on their whinge site regarding the Dixon play on call: got me 13 responses which I haven't looked at yet mind you. Mind you I was a bit inflammatory; but once they settled on the theme of the Cats being cheats I couldn't help myself. They and Hawthorn are the classic off the ball incident team. I don't think Adel are as much but I don't really know what they are like. I missed the game at KP last year but went to Adel and got both barrels for supporting the Cats, ranging from being called a peanut (something worse) to being bumped going to and fro from seat to amenities and topped off with someone screaming in my face when leaving. Basically I don't ever want us to loose to them but this Friday is no time to start.

Go cats!

Crows have only two players worth worrying about, Sloane and Betts. If the Crows try and tag Selsy then he goes to Sloane. Bews stays goal side of Betts, and we win easy!!
The Crows don't have any bona fide taggers. One of them may well end up playing a tagging role, but they won't be experienced at it, and probably won't be great at it. There has been some suggestion that they might use Sloan in a tagging role, and I'd be very very happy with that plan. He can't tag both Selwood and Dangerfield at the same time, and it would mean that he's not going to get his usual numbers or provide his usual attacking influence. Without that, I think we'll smash them in the midfield. I'm pretty sure Scooter will go to Sloan anyway.

Hopefully the game plan that stopped them twice last year will hold up again. Killed off all those out the back cheapies they benefit so highly from. And that Bews can keep Betts contained again.

If you come in with that same plan that's a win for us. Cause ours is quite different to last year's Joe the Goose one.

They have changed up things slightly this year. As you'd expect. I don't think they're kicking quite as many over the top.

I'd expect we'll still keep a player or two back like last year.

There ya go.

Huge game. Big test for both teams, though we obviously have more to lose.

I am confident because I think we can get on top in the midfield and that will allow us to set up our defensive structures on the narrow ground and close them down. Suffocate them, a little like we did against the Bulldogs in the second and final terms. We also did this against them last year.

I am slightly worried about our forward line, I think we a couple short now in Cockatoo, Parfitt and Mcarthy, individually maybe not key players but missing them collectively leaves us light on for pace and bite around the forward line. Their half backs could really murder us if we are bombing in from half back.

That will be less of a problem, if we getting the ball in there from the middle.
Will be interesting to see if pike and there mc have a plan b after we've dissected them twice over last yr.

On selection queries, will we bring in ruggles to take either Cameron/Betts.
I've rat bews first cab for Betts.

Do we know that Cockatoo is ruled out? Scott said last week that his injury was very minor. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't risk him given the bye is around the corner, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see him named.
I'd pit cocky against lever as a df fwd. Lever has been allowed space and leave his direct opponent to spoil nonchalantly the past few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back