Game Day Geelong vs Bulldogs, Friday 18 June GMHBA @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would send O'Connor to Libba, Bont is too good and will still dominate, if we can limit the ball getting to him then that will go a long way to winning the battle, feeling a big Selwood game coming tonight, will be the kind of game he loves, tough and hard. Wet weather will hinder both sets of forwards so we need to limit there smaller players inside 50 which is an area we generally struggle in, time for Kolo to lift and play a good game.
If we are going to try and curb anyone yes The Bont is the one.

I would rather we just tackled him extra hard and tagged Libba. Joel/Cam/Parf to all put extra sauce on their ground slams will be enough to tire him out by the last. Give him no space and drop him down hard.
Yeah one player all night won't get it done they will roll different ones through him all game,we take the brilliant edge off his game and half the jobs done.

Our contested ball numbers are greatly influenced by marks. Intercept marks from Stewart and Henry are key. How will the conditions affect us?

I suspect who ever generates enough inside 50 will win the game.

If Liba gets the ball out to their running mids, we may have issues in D.

If we can get drive form the middle they will definitely have trouble with Hawkins and Cameron and Rohan.

Dogs are a dangerous side imo. Their speed could worry us , so I suspect we do not try and play to that style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, I don't think the slippery conditions will affect their throws at all. If anything, the umps will probably be more lenient due to the conditions.

I hate that under the AFL over the last ten years key and unique elements of our game have been debased in the sole interest of TV markets. Tackling, the bump, handballs, standing the mark. But there is little I can do about it other than hope the umps are fair and consistent and allow us to throw the ball as well.
I see we have a few lurking strays a little triggered by this post. Sorry to offend you boys/girls.

This should be a matchup that our forwards can dominate. But the weather might impact that a little. Guthrie back will help the midfield battle.

Cold and windy in downtown Geebang.
Hope the wind eases a bit, but at least home ground advantage ramps up a peg for our goal kickers.
The ground is in perfect nick, it takes a lot of rain to quagmire, so not sure sloppy conditions are on just yet.
Good luck and enjoy, those Charlies who were able to procure a golden ticket.

Cold and windy in downtown Geebang.
Hope the wind eases a bit, but at least home ground advantage ramps up a peg for our goal kickers.
The ground is in perfect nick, it takes a lot of rain to quagmire, so not sure sloppy conditions are on just yet.
Good luck and enjoy, those Charlies who were able to procure a golden ticket.

Reading some opposition posters youd reckon it was downtown Detroit

As for the game - huge match for both clubs - Geel like alot of clubs eg Port and Eagles they just have to keep winning - especially with the Lions away the next week - things - positions on the ladder can change very quickly

As for the Dogs you would think theyd set themselves for this game - apart from the valuable 4 pts - theve had 2 big tests against Rich and Melb and failed both miserably . They did beat Port over in Ade - but Port are a 5-8 type side - not a bonafide flag winning team in my opinion

So Dogs will be hellbent on winning - doesnt mean they will - to prove their good enough Sept - otherwise they are 0-3 against top 4 Vic contender type teams

I would send O'Connor to Libba, Bont is too good and will still dominate, if we can limit the ball getting to him then that will go a long way to winning the battle, feeling a big Selwood game coming tonight, will be the kind of game he loves, tough and hard. Wet weather will hinder both sets of forwards so we need to limit there smaller players inside 50 which is an area we generally struggle in, time for Kolo to lift and play a good game.
Libba is used more for tackling that his ball use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back