Game Day Geelong vs Bulldogs, Friday 18 June GMHBA @ 7:50pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
But but but...

Not a bad effort from someone who apparently hasn't actually had too many good halves of football this season - looking forward to seeing how the new "premier tagger" goes tonight

Romeoh1

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Looking forward to this game- should be a cracker to watch.
Think we haven’t played that well at home this year, and the ground might suit the dogs, but I think we are a better team than them. So Geelong by 17.
Comon Cats.

Pollywaffle

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
But but but...
Not a bad effort from someone who apparently hasn't actually had too many good halves of football this season - looking forward to seeing how the new "premier tagger" goes tonight

I like O'Connor in the middle. Hinted we might see him there a couple of seasons ago when he was really coming on, but I hope we can see him in something other than a tagging role later on down the track.
He has too many potential strings to his bow.
Shame if he were to become just a 'stopper'.

I like O'Connor in the middle. Hinted we might see him there a couple of seasons ago when he was really coming on, but I hope we can see him in something other than a tagging role later on down the track.
He has too many potential strings to his bow.
Shame if he were to become just a 'stopper'.

The good thing we saw from O'Connor in his earlier games as tagger is that he was also capable of winning his own ball

This season he's 5th at the club for average clearances with 3.5 a game, and 7th at the club for centre clearances with 1.17 per game

So he's doing a good job at limiting the impact of his opponent but not too the extent where he doesn't take the opportunity to win his own ball and be damaging with ball in hand

Looking forward to seeing how he continues to develop in the role because i doubt it's one we'll see the MC move away from any time soon

Unless he’s injured it’s an opportunity missed that Higgins isn’t playing vfl.
Depends on what the plan is - with 2 interstate trips on 3 weeks and next weeks match off a 6-day break, they'd likely prefer for him to actually have this week off so that he's a bit fresher for the clash against Brisbane

If he wasn't playing seniors this week he was never playing VFL either

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Dunno what playing VFL does for a guy with 200+ AFL games unless it's for match fitness after a long time out. Either he's sore/carrying something or he's cooked. Will either find form without VFL or not find it at all.
Pretty hard to find form from the couch

gaz love x

All Australian
Oct 6, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty hard to find form from the couch
Put it this way, if he's the Higgins of a couple of seasons ago still I'll back him to come good in the AFL once he's rested. If he's just over the hill then he goes on the Jack Steven pile. I think we're all hoping for the first option

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Put it this way, if he's the Higgins of a couple of seasons ago still I'll back him to come good in the AFL once he's rested. If he's just over the hill then he goes on the Jack Steven pile. I think we're all hoping for the first option
Sure but a good way to help find out is by playing. He’s been poor so therefore shouldn’t be in the afl team. Only way he should get back in is by dominating the vfl

Sure but a good way to help find out is by playing. He’s been poor so therefore shouldn’t be in the afl team. Only way he should get back in is by dominating the vfl
Unless he has been hampered by injury.

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Unfortunately, I don't think the slippery conditions will affect their throws at all. If anything, the umps will probably be more lenient due to the conditions.

I hate that under the AFL over the last ten years key and unique elements of our game have been debased in the sole interest of TV markets. Tackling, the bump, handballs, standing the mark. But there is little I can do about it other than hope the umps are fair and consistent and allow us to throw the ball as well.
I've had a pretty tough day so thankyou, I needed a good laugh. 32 degrees up here again ffs ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back