Game Day Geelong vs Collingwood Practice Match @11AM

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know If other teams do it, I'm trying to understand the logic behind why we do it.
The point isn't completely lost on the team. Didn't we train last Friday in the evening?
I would expect that if you're building load into the body over a pre-season that it is best to do it during the daytime and even morning at that.
In addition, if you get injured, sports medicine clinics are available immediately for observation. If you're getting injured training at 8.30pm, that's less likely to be the case.
As noted elsewhere, AFLPA having a bearing on it too.
Some players do take caffeine tablets to fight the body's natural urge for rest in night games I believe.

Last edited:
Speaks well, great reader of the play, he would be in the mix, but for me . Taylor Adams, bullocks his way to where Angels fear to tread, Adams is the Man you want in the bunker. will always have your back

I'd hope not.

Suppose it would work ala Luke Ball on field but poor old Tay doesn't quite have the off field...ugh...persona that either Max or Pendlebury had.

Thanks Jen, stopped reading the moment I read , Tyler and Callum Brown were dynamic as a midfield duo throughout the game , In the words of Trump (not a fan) Fake news , what a load of BS reporting

Thanks Jen, stopped reading the moment I read , Tyler and Callum Brown were dynamic as a midfield duo throughout the game , In the words of Trump (not a fan) Fake news , what a load of BS reporting
No doubt everyone will see games differently, and this is just how those that were there saw it. Its neither right nor wrong, just different perspectives.

Probably not worth getting too worked up about.

I see something in Tyler,another year in the system, he might just make the grade,
I thought Tyler was pretty good. Now he has filled out in his body shape -- he was always gonna take longer, he has some skllls. I think he'll see a fair amount of game time. By the end of this year, I suspect he'll take Mayne's spot.

No doubt everyone will see games differently, and this is just how those that were there saw it. Its neither right nor wrong, just different perspectives.
It's off the CFC site isn't it? It struck me as a fluff piece written by some Collingwood staffer. It certainly didn't coincide with my own reading of the game.

We all see the game from different perspective, granted, but to print that Callum and Tyler were a dynamic duo throughout the game, is just plain rose coloured glasses perspective.

We all see the game from different perspective, granted, but to print that Callum and Tyler were a dynamic duo throughout the game, is just plain rose coloured glasses perspective.
Not like they were gonna say "insert name and name, were terrible" Clearly they were looking for good points. I may not have referred it as dynamic, but they were both in there at the same time, the middle I mean. And didn't do badly.

Without reading back through all the pages, any reports on how Murphy performed and position we played him in?

Not like they were gonna say "insert name and name, were terrible" Clearly they were looking for good points. I may not have referred it as dynamic, but they were both in there at the same time, the middle I mean. And didn't do badly.
Jen , I have great appreciation for your passion and knowledge of our great Club, but please, they were both in there, and in your words, "didn`t do badly', but come on, to write that fluff that both Tyler and Callum Brown were dynamic as a midfield duo , is out and out BS, it reads like Judd/Kerr combination, now that is dynamic duo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without reading back through all the pages, any reports on how Murphy performed and position we played him in?
Quiet for the most part. He had some trouble getting his hands on the ball.

Jen , I have great appreciation for your passion and knowledge of our great Club, but please, they were both in there, and in your words, "didn`t do badly', but come on, to write that fluff that both Tyler and Callum Brown were dynamic as a midfield duo , is out and out BS, it reads like Judd/Kerr combination, now that is dynamic duo
I see nothing wrong with a little optimism. And again, that's their view on the game. Doesn't mean too much.

As it also says Noble's speed off half back, when he played on the wing.

Don't let it bother you. Clubs put these things out all the time this time of year.

I see nothing wrong with a little optimism. And again, that's their view on the game. Doesn't mean too much.

Don't let it bother you. Clubs put these things out all the time this time of year.
Va bene Jen, I hear you

Holy crap it is gonna be a long friggin year on BF if every thread is so full of pointless nitpicking over every friggin word written.

Have any of you folk been on the Collingwood website this decade?
It is all fluff and BS.
A small child would have provide more balanced and accurate material.
It has been such since the AFL took control of team sites nearly 20 years ago.
The site is a ******* advert. Don't you get it?

PS. Get off Jens back she only linked, she didn't write the piece.

Holy crap it is gonna be a long friggin year on BF if every thread is so full of pointless nitpicking over every friggin word written.

It is all fluff and BS.

No ones on Jens back . she is the fabric of what makes a football club , our football club, a community who belong together, I just don`t follow media fodder, journalists and wanna be commentators who are all care and no responsibility. print BS without any substance. why the world is where it is.

It is all fluff and BS.

Jen chose to defend the article hence the debate that ensued. No one is on her back. It's just Bigfooty being what it is - a forum for discussion.

Jen chose to defend the article hence the debate that ensued. No one is on her back. It's just Bigfooty being what it is - a forum for discussion.
Sometimes it is, depending on the thread

I personally loved one of the last sentences. “Whilst De Goey didn’t make the trip down the highway...”.

after he was watching on from the stands... 😀

but yeah, the browns dominating in the midfield shouldn’t have made it past the fact checkers.

elliott was fantastic though, and grundy, Cox showed enough whilst still not getting some AFL dont dos, Noble in the righ place a lot, but lacked some precision, and T Brown showed some class, along with Henry. Sier took on the bulk of the grunt work in adams absence, and looks back to his best.
Danger did what he wanted when playing, Daicos was quiet, Thomas turned it over but also set up some goals, Mihocek rushed some scoring opps, whilst Mistakes led to almost every goal. Missed marks by roughy, Moore and C Brown on the last line. Missed shepherd from Crisp, missed handball from Greenwood. Turnovers by Thomas. Fix that and we actually outplayed the pussies

Last edited:

I think these things should bother us and we should demand more accurate and nuanced reports.

Checkers missed two easy ones in front of goal. We probably should have won haha.
Given that the timekeepers at the ground delayed the 3qt siren by 10 seconds and the cats goaled in that time, I’d say we definitely should have won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back