Game Day Geelong vs Collingwood Practice Match @11AM

Remove this Banner Ad

It was great to see some footy finally in the headlines.

Sloppy from even our better players at times, but that is to be expected. So I won’t judge Cal too harshly just yet, but it does appear his getting caught and turning it over by foot hasn’t improved. It is hard to form a full judgment without also having been at the game. I think he should be developing in the two’s, turning it over and getting caught can’t be good for his confidence.

Sier gassed at one point midway through the second term, not a good sign.

I thought Tyler Brown did some amazing things, there are aspects to his game that you can’t teach. He needs to build some consistency though, which can be hard to do if you’re only playing roles and not a prime mover in the 1’s. I guess the VFL will show where he is really at with his consistency, was a tough year for developing players last year.

Crisp was best on ground for us I think. Grundy close too.

I like Cox now that he can see. Best second ruck in the comp, Cameron is best third ruck also. I like Darcy’s game also, he competed well in the air and in game where there were not many big contested marks in the forward line. He performs well in the ruck also. Cox has great IQ when improvising, this is a basketballers trait.

Josh Thomas was good.

WHE a better alternative than Stephenson. So we haven’t lost out there and Henry is an absolute upgrade in every regard. Exciting prospect...particularly when he drifted back to take an intercept mark.

Daicos is primed, would have been in the votes for me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back