• Saturday night

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Sunday afternoon

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Monday night

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure there is not much difference now there is a week off. Adelaide might even prefer it this way.
This is entirely the problem now. Removing the advantage that top 4 sides had is oh so wrong. The Western Bulldogs are premiers because of it and solely because of it.

This is entirely the problem now. Removing the advantage that top 4 sides had is oh so wrong. The Western Bulldogs are premiers because of it and solely because of it.
That being said, given our injuries I think that pre finals bye is probably to our advantage this year.

And besides, we'll get all the excitement of AFLX!

To be fair, there is little evidence for that.

To be fair, there is little evidence for that.
It is my opinion and I am confident they'd have failed to beat West Coast without that bye. Getting those players back was crucial.

This end of season bye either needs to go or there needs to be a stronger advantage for top 4 sides, the former being easier to facilitate.

I get your point, but there's more to it than that...

They played some magical footy in those 4 weeks too...

And CS talks about its not so much who you play but when you play them... WB peaked perfectly.. and got the right teams at the right time for them

Maybe, just maybe, e can emulate and deliver that right timing too.

As Partridge often has said, there's a lot that goes into winning a flag.. and luck and timing are considerable parts to it.

GO Catters

Added importance to this weekend match ahead of round 23:

GEELONG has a realistic chance of hosting the second Simonds Stadium final in club history — but only if it can beat GWS Giants next week.

The Herald Sun understands the AFL would consider scheduling the Cats for a Simonds Stadium final only if they played low-drawing GWS.

If both clubs win this weekend it will set up a blockbuster clash between GWS and Geelong at Simonds Stadium on a Saturday night.

A Geelong victory would see them leapfrog GWS into second spot, pushing the Giants into third place.

That would mean a Cats home final that almost certainly would be played at Simonds Stadium given GWS’ limited pulling power.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/91e02d96527bbe8c4913ec61bdf049df

It's an interesting scenario if we were to beat GWS in Rd 23 and then play them at home again in the 1st final. Does it actually diminish the advantage given that they would feel pretty comfortable there having just played us? Also I understand that there may be a scenario where we would be the only Victorian club to host a final in QFs Week 1, possibly triggering the AFL to deny us a home final in order to ensure the MCG has at least one game that week, to help fulfil contractual commitments.

Last edited:
It's an interesting scenario if we were to beat GWS in Rd 23 and then play them at home again in the 1st final. Does it actually diminish the advantage given that they would feel pretty comfortable there having just played us?

Who knows. We played Collingwood twice in a row in 2011 didnt we?

There is a week off in between too.

GEELONG has a realistic chance of hosting the second Simonds Stadium final in club history — but only if it can beat GWS Giants next week.

The Herald Sun understands the AFL would consider scheduling the Cats for a Simonds Stadium final only if they played low-drawing GWS.

f

Wha come on no v Richmond at KP? They love it at KP! Everybody loves KP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wha come on no v Richmond at KP? They love it at KP! Everybody loves KP.

I'd love Richmond back at KP - think it should be a yearly occurrence

Saturday night
20431439_10154831027931417_1118577628477473697_n.jpg
So Port v Gold Coast free to air for Brisbane fffffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

If both clubs win this weekend it will set up a blockbuster clash between GWS and Geelong at Simonds Stadium on a Saturday night.

A Geelong victory would see them leapfrog GWS into second spot, pushing the Giants into third place.

That would mean a Cats home final that almost certainly would be played at Simonds Stadium given GWS’ limited pulling power.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/91e02d96527bbe8c4913ec61bdf049df

If ever there was a carrot....

GO Catters

I get your point, but there's more to it than that...

They played some magical footy in those 4 weeks too...

And CS talks about its not so much who you play but when you play them... WB peaked perfectly.. and got the right teams at the right time for them

Maybe, just maybe, e can emulate and deliver that right timing too.

As Partridge often has said, there's a lot that goes into winning a flag.. and luck and timing are considerable parts to it.

Did they ever.

I absolutely agree that they were far from the best team throughout the home and away season (my pick would be Sydney for that). But I'm equally convinced they were absolutely the best team of the finals series and thoroughly deserved their premiership.

It's an interesting scenario if we were to beat GWS in Rd 23 and then play them at home again in the 1st final. Does it actually diminish the advantage given that they would feel pretty comfortable there having just played us? Also I understand that there may be a scenario where we would be the only Victorian club to host a final in QFs Week 1, possibly triggering the AFL to deny us a home final in order to ensure the MCG has at least one game that week, to help fulfil contractual commitments.

AFL would have to play the final at the G if we are the only Vic final. The AFL members and Series Pass Holders would not fit into the Cattery as they would need guaranteed seats at 1 Vic game and we would have to be it.

Back