Preview Geelong vs Hawthorn, Easter Monday 5th April, 3:20pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Reckon Close is breathing down Dahlhaus’s neck. Constable was gone when Duncan was back. 55% game time not enough.

Furthermore, I don’t think Constable’s selection has to be intrinsically linked to Duncan’s availability. They could quite easily both play in the same team.

Furthermore, I don’t think Constable’s selection has to be intrinsically linked to Duncan’s availability. They could quite easily both play in the same team.
I wouldn’t say intrinsically but in my view it was a fairly obvious selection decision.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
A solid grop of games..if he fails to impact then we move on

I’d agree with that. His detractors keep using the lack of endurance, 55% game time etc (which is clearly his weakness) but seemingly fail to consider the impact he does have when on the ground. His touches in the first two games were very good. And impactful.

I think he gets marked very hard on an obvious weakness in his game compared to other players with different weaknesses that are largely overlooked.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I wouldn’t say intrinsically but in my view it was a fairly obvious selection decision.

Who would you select first in this team - Dahlhaus who’s given sfa or Constable who has admittedly endurance issues but can at least win his own footy and impact a game? That’s my point.

Who would you select first in this team - Dahlhaus who’s given sfa or Constable who has admittedly endurance issues but can at least win his own footy and impact a game? That’s my point.
As I’m not confident Constable can play as a pressure forward, Dahlhaus.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Wasn't there a concession that we had too many defenders by the coach..yet DHouse stays in... who is nothing but a forward defender..

Id say the MC ..do not rate his ability to cover ground. If Holmes plays well then thats another rung.

On Holmes ..I cant remember another player that I have seen so little of debuting for the club.

When was the last time a debutant played for us and cemented a spot in the team? We seem to have so many young guys in the system who aren't good enough to hold a spot. I hope Evans and Holmes change that.
Miers I think. I don't expect Holmes stays in as he's still developing but I reckon Evans is going to hold his

They play completely different positions so i dont see the comparison. Fwiw i would have kept Charlie in but i think its unsurprising on the bigger ground that we didnt.

Wasn't there a concession that we had too many defenders by the coach..yet DHouse stays in... who is nothing but a forward defender..

Id say the MC ..do not rate his ability to cover ground. If Holmes plays well then thats another rung.

On Holmes ..I cant remember another player that I have seen so little of debuting for the club.
When he eventually does debut Cooper Stephens will be the next least surely

Miers I think. I don't expect Holmes stays in as he's still developing but I reckon Evans is going to hold his

Miers and Henry were ones who established themselves as best 22 early on.

Not enough mid time for cc with duncan back unless duncan plays HF which maybe he should do.

Dahl will be out soon but probably for close not CC.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

What Scott says and what he does are often poles apart. I do applaud the Holmes selection but shake my head at others...

..and so in comes Holmes ... , especially when we are missing Blitz run in the middle and menegola

My thoughts exactly. Tactically i think its the right call to win this game but i wouldnt do it every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back