Preview Geelong vs Hawthorn, Easter Monday 5th April, 3:20pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they play different positions. It doesn’t mean that should be the only determinate of selection.

Its one of them when you are composing a team. Dahl should be dropped for close thats a like for like..dropping him for a mid changes the structure.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Its one of them when you are composing a team. Dahl should be dropped for close thats a like for like..dropping him for a mid changes the structure.

If DHouse was a legit FP weapon..like a green..then id wear his recruitment ..but a FP role should be like an entry level for the mids that we will need very soon. Evans , Close ... probably another I cant think off..

I can only hope Tarheny shows enough to demand a FP spot.

The other issue is. ...it seems kicking scores in 'IN"... Kruger or someone as the third tall should be getting a game now... as we have no Rohan or Cameron or Sav. If not now...then when.

Not enough mid time for cc with duncan back unless duncan plays HF which maybe he should do.

Dahl will be out soon but probably for close not CC.
Could you see Duncan's creativity and skill as a HBF?
Close for Dahl makes sense if he is ready.
Watching the Lions a bit in recent years, Daniel Rich has become an excellent HBF.
I could see Duncan in that role.
Tuohy is already a winger or hf.
MOC is tagging/mf.
Leaves Kolo, Stewart, Bews, Hendo, Blicavs as permanent defenders. Henry is a good i/c utility type player.
Atkins- I would play Dunc there.

Last edited:
Who would you select first in this team - Dahlhaus who’s given sfa or Constable who has admittedly endurance issues but can at least win his own footy and impact a game? That’s my point.
Would depend who the other 20/21 players selected are and then select based on team balance requirements - I don't see this as Dahlhaus vs Constable for that last spot or them competing for the same spot as they play different roles

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
I'm worried that they're putting in Holmes way too quickly, he has what School football and two VFL practice matches before an AFL debut.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Would depend who the other 20/21 players selected are and then select based on team balance requirements - I don't see this as Dahlhaus vs Constable for that last spot or them competing for the same spot as they play different roles

With only one tall forward in the team you could argue that we should bring in one of them to maintain structure.

I just don’t get why Dahlhaus retains his spot in front of about 5 other candidates - Constable, Close, Krueger, Jarvis and Jenkins

anyone else worried we only have 1 key forward?
I know I'm stating the obvious, but
-Cameron and Sav are out injured.
-Rohan and Danger are suspended.
What choice do we have? Jenkins?

If DHouse was a legit FP weapon..like a green..then id wear his recruitment ..but a FP role should be like an entry level for the mids that we will need very soon. Evans , Close ... probably another I cant think off..

I can only hope Tarheny shows enough to demand a FP spot.

The other issue is. ...it seems kicking scores in 'IN"... Kruger or someone as the third tall should be getting a game now... as we have no Rohan or Cameron or Sav. If not now...then when.

As a fully fledged member of the"Misfits", the best chance of seeing Kreuger this year would be if they decided to rest/manage/omit someone like Henderson, Blicavs or Kolodjashnij

Jenkins or maybe Jarvis would seem to have been the taller forward options this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back