Preview Geelong vs Hawthorn, Easter Monday 5th April, 3:20pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Rohan is not an important player at all. He's similar to Jordan Murdoch and won't be missed.
Club needs blokes who can back it up on a weekly basis. Not put in good performances once per month.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
When was the last time a debutant played for us and cemented a spot in the team? We seem to have so many young guys in the system who aren't good enough to hold a spot. I hope Evans and Holmes change that.
Jack Henry 65 games in his first 3 year would qualify.

Pollywaffle

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Rohan is not an important player at all. He's similar to Jordan Murdoch and won't be missed.
Club needs blokes who can back it up on a weekly basis. Not put in good performances once per month.
On current exposed form.
If only he could conjure up the guy that played the first few rounds at the cats, clunking everything. Kicking like plugger reincarnate..
I think he has now reverted to type, handling the ball like a cake of soap, overrunning contests..Don’t trust him to perform when the chips are down.
He and Dahlhaus have been busts for mine

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
When was that? ...I could stand corrected but, my recollection is he looked like a lost sheep when played as a forward

No disagree - looks completely lost as a backman - got no idea

And when Brendan AhChee of the Eagles outmarked him in a 1 on 1 contest ( horrible vision ) right on the 3 qtr time siren last year - Henrys papers should have been stamped right their and then - simply not good enough = Geel are going nowhere with players of his ilk

Him and Kolo - blooody hell

On current exposed form.
If only he could conjure up the guy that played the first few rounds at the cats, clunking everything. Kicking like plugger reincarnate..
I think he has now reverted to type, handling the ball like a cake of soap, overrunning contests..Don’t trust him to perform when the chips are down.
He and Dahlhaus have been busts for mine
He was a new factor that no one had seen before and defences take a while to adjust.

Anyone know how these power rankings work? Is it implying that we have a worse best 22 than Hawthorn?

Screenshot_20210404-221848_AFL.jpg

With only one tall forward in the team you could argue that we should bring in one of them to maintain structure.

I just don’t get why Dahlhaus retains his spot in front of about 5 other candidates - Constable, Close, Krueger, Jarvis and Jenkins

Scott suggested Close needed another run....

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
What's the situation with Narkle?

Whenever I've watched him play he's looked very classy. I don't see him on the injury list, so I assume he's just not getting picked?

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
What's the situation with Narkle?

Whenever I've watched him play he's looked very classy. I don't see him on the injury list, so I assume he's just not getting picked?

Not favoured as a best 22 regular.
Can play, no doubt at all.
Behind Dangerfield, Duncan, Guthrie, Selwood, Menegola and co. for midfield minutes, and Scott has preferred Miers and others as a half-forward.
I think he's probably deserved more opportunities - I recall he played very well against Hawthorn upon the comp's resumption last year; unfortunately lost his spot not long after that despite doing very little wrong imo.

Wasn't there a concession that we had too many defenders by the coach..yet DHouse stays in... who is nothing but a forward defender..

Id say the MC ..do not rate his ability to cover ground. If Holmes plays well then thats another rung.

On Holmes ..I cant remember another player that I have seen so little of debuting for the club.
Evans?

GO Catters

Could you see Duncan's creativity and skill as a HBF?
Close for Dahl makes sense if he is ready.
Watching the Lions a bit in recent years, Daniel Rich has become an excellent HBF.
I could see Duncan in that role.
Tuohy is already a winger or hf.
MOC is tagging/mf.
Leaves Kolo, Stewart, Bews, Hendo, Blicavs as permanent defenders. Henry is a good i/c utility type player.
Atkins- I would play Dunc there.

I agree and i suggested as much weeks ago but we seem committed to our current defesnive group so i doubt we will.

Given there would be about 100 supporters that have seen him play live/TV/even 2 mins of highlights in the last 2 years, I’m comfortably happy to back the club here.

it’s not like we have no depth so that must excite everyone that we have a talent that has already leap frogged all them.

True although i still remember easter mon 2010 where we debuted motlop when he was still very physically raw and he got injured...lets hope that doesnt happen with holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back