Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
They must feel they are a real chance of knocking us over if they spent the money appealing the 1 match cunnington ban like that. Seems desperate given they would have little revenue with COVID and it would have cost them a lawyer and funds.

SO is Kayo actually different than Foxtel. I just thought it was whatever is on the Foxtel sports channels
It's still unclear Rupert's cash cow but easy to use and you don't buy 200 channels of complete garbage to get it.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
I don't think he'll play either :(

Will be absolutely the right decision to hold him back if they have any concerns. Let's fact it, our boys can do a fine job of making this game an immense struggle without putting Cameron's fitness on the line as well.

Ultimately if we can't win this game without Jez, we have far more significant problems as a club than his immediate fitness.

Will be absolutely the right decision to hold him back if they have any concerns. Let's fact it, our boys can do a fine job of making this game an immense struggle without putting Cameron's fitness on the line as well.

Ultimately if we can't win this game without Jez, we have far more significant problems as a club than his immediate fitness.
Yeah we should be able to structure up just five with Rohan in. See what happens Saturday to see who goes out for Cameron. I always thought it would be Rohan out for him when it gets down to it but we'll see

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong

Hahaha very true, very true

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Says the person who tries to use basic stats to justify his arguments.
Unbelievable.

I said solely looking at disposal count is too simplistic. Implying that you need to look at the bigger picture, incorporate more stats. Do you want me to explain every post for you? Maybe I could get a whiteboard and draw some diagrams if that helps.

Sire of Claude

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
The bickering between members of the same tribe does astonish me. Anyway disposals are a key stat, no doubt about it: you can't hurt the opposition very much if you haven't got the gonad in your hands. And as I keep saying our great teams had great accumulators, including Boris himself.

Nothing been said about Tommy this week? Geez he looked to be struggling with a sore back late in the game on the weekend. Hopefully just a couple of collision knocks.
I thought it was his leg to my eye but yeah he looked lame.

Jemaine

All Australian
Mar 17, 2009
Inner City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toothbrush Jars & Camera Phones
The bickering between members of the same tribe does astonish me.
Never, ever go into the Social Club then. My god some of our members - usually older - are just ******* pathetic. Some old 3AW listening-type supporters behind me at the Hawks game started paying out on Hawkins from the first bounce, saying how he was having another horrible year and totally useless.

Every week in there you hear people banging on about how much they hate certain star players, it's infuriating.

Good to have a beer behind the glass when it rains though.

Sire of Claude

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
One has to remember that the players' mums may well stumble on what is written about them.

As for the bickering, I am disconcerted by the sarcasm in many of the posts Geelong supporters direct at each other. After all, the song goes:

WE are Geelong.....

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Never, ever go into the Social Club then. My god some of our members - usually older - are just ******* pathetic. Some old 3AW listening-type supporters behind me at the Hawks game started paying out on Hawkins from the first bounce, saying how he was having another horrible year and totally useless.

Every week in there you hear people banging on about how much they hate certain star players, it's infuriating.

Good to have a beer behind the glass when it rains though.
Can say that for most of the Reg Hickey Stand. They moan and carry on about every umpire decision.

catscratchfever

Captain Goodvibes
Aug 16, 2008
The Edge Of Reality
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Space Cadets
Anything less than a flogging will be a disappointment and a trigger for further whining. Geelong by 25-35 points (i.e. not a flogging).

Cue the "Chris Scott must walk the plank" topic.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Anything less than a flogging will be a disappointment and a trigger for further whining. Geelong by 25-35 points (i.e. not a flogging).

Cue the "Chris Scott must walk the plank" topic.
Their smallest loss was 41 points at home Vs a traveling interstate club.

That should be the minimum margin for us, but realistically Geelong at GMHBA should be a minimum 60 point win. I don't think a lot of people realise just how bad North are at the moment. This is a percentage booster and we absolutely have to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back