Preview Geelong vs North Melbourne - Sun April 18 @4:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the website

In The Mix: Round 5

Suspended Cats to return

Coach Chris Scott confirmed at Thursday’s press conference that Patrick Dangerfield and Gary Rohan will return after serving their respective suspensions.

“In no particular order the two suspended players available will play,” coach Chris Scott said at Thursday’s press conference.

Brandan Parfitt
A late withdrawal against the Dees with a hip complaint, Parfitt will need to pass a fitness test later in the week if he is to face the Roos.

“I think Parfitt will be available, but I am not entirely sure yet. We will have a clearer picture in about 24 hours.”

Josh Jenkins
The key Cats forward could be an option in attack after kicking eight goals in his past two VFL outings.

“He has been in our thinking and he probably been a little bit stiff in some respects.”

Max Holmes
Missed last week’s 25-point loss to Melbourne after an eye-catching 15 disposal performance on debut in Geelong’s Round 3 win against Hawthorn.

Charlie Constable
Constable was a standout in Geelong’s VFL practice match win against Collingwood. Has demonstrated in his two AFL games this season his value inside and could be an option to bolster a midfield department that was dismantled by the Dees.

Sam Simpson
Simpson is set to return for Geelong’s VFL Round 1 clash on Sunday after overcoming a quad injury.

Darcy Fort
Ruckman Darcy Fort isn’t far away from consideration for a senior recall.

“Darcy needs a bit more footy in our view, but he is getting to the stage where he can be considered on his merits as opposed to having to overlay his lack of preparation and injury status.”

“Simpson looks like he will be available for some VFL, but obviously needs some conditioning before he is considered (for AFL selection).”

Would be surprising if Dekoning played but I’d assume it’d be down back with Blicavs into the ruck. Scott said Fort is not ready and neither is Esava so there are the other ruck options.
Sounds like Jenkins may come in but hopefully not as a ruck or pinch hit only.

If Cameron plays this week( doesn’t look like it) and the MC select Rohan I think Rohan could play at half back. With our weakness of slow ball movement and transition I think Rohan could be effective in this position. He did it at Sydney in his younger days and was fairly effective. With the quicker style of play now because of the new rules this would suit him.
Here is a highlight of a game he played in the backline 6 years ago.

Our VFL captain won’t like watching those highlights. Rohan burned Black pretty well. That clip shows the talent Rohan has to really play anywhere across the ground. With his talents he could be a Dangerfield level midfielder. But for some reason is not capable of getting the ball enough.

The reviews from our most recent VFL match - curious what role they'd be looking at SDK playing should be make his debut:

Sam de Koning’s versatility is really beginning to shine through despite the season not actually being underway yet.

There’s plenty to look forward to with his Mark Blicavs-like ability to defend, do the ruck-work and take big contested marks.

He even got on the end of a crucial snag halfway through the fourth quarter, which was the first goal anyone had kicked against the wind for the game.

Head coach Shane O’Bree saw that “He’s showing us his attributes to win the ball at ground level.”

“He’s a guy that’s played nearly every position on the ground for us now so we’re just developing him in multiple areas.”

“Because he’s a big fella and he’s so good around the contest we’re not scared to put him around it.”

As soon as I heard they were playing him wing/ruck my first thought was him and Blitz rotating between ruck and backline with Cameron and Hawkins not having to deal with having a second ruck clogging up the forward line.

I thought it might be the 2022 option but maybe Stanley is genuinely cooked.

Cant reward a bloke who only averages 8 possessions a game. ;)

View attachment 1103434
That new sub rule is going to throw up some really silly numbers. There's a poor Hawthorn kid who made his debut without seeing a single second of game time, but he's going to forever have donuts for his first ever game. :drunk:

Ah man that took me too long to figure out.
It's going to completely root averages for any player who spends more than a handful of games as the medical sub. Or in the case of newer players like Holmes, just the one game as the medical sub is going to make averages completely redundant for a good while until they build up a respectable sample size.

It's going to completely root averages for any player who spends more than a handful of games as the medical sub. Or in the case of newer players like Holmes, just the one game as the medical sub is going to make averages completely redundant for a good while until they build up a respectable sample size.
Yeah I think we need to put a line through games where you're subbed in our out. Maybe weight it with your average TOG?

That new sub rule is going to throw up some really silly numbers. There's a poor Hawthorn kid who made his debut without seeing a single second of game time, but he's going to forever have donuts for his first ever game. :drunk:

I think Scotty said he didn't believe in debuting kids as medical subs - you can sort of see why. Clarko has no problem with it, obviously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any dialogue of Scott's presser yesterday. I turned off 5 mins in after his post game presser last Sunday. I'm over his secrecy in " what we think, but we're going to keep that to oursrlves" bs.

Any dialogue of Scott's presser yesterday. I turned off 5 mins in after his post game presser last Sunday. I'm over his secrecy in " what we think, but we're going to keep that to oursrlves" bs.
From the addy. Recognises dahl and stanleys poor form, but won’t drop them. Dahl needs to find fitness, and stanley won’t be dropped because sav and fort don’t have match fitness yet.

Evans being injured is probably saving dahl.

It is ridiculous that no one ever gets dropped though. Where is the incentive to play well when you never risk being dropped? I’m not talking fringe players.

From the addy. Recognises dahl and stanleys poor form, but won’t drop them. Dahl needs to find fitness, and stanley won’t be dropped because sav and fort don’t have match fitness yet.

Evans being injured is probably saving dahl.

It is ridiculous that no one ever gets dropped though. Where is the incentive to play well when you never risk being dropped? I’m not talking fringe players.

It may be deemed old fashioned but I believe there's huge merit in selecting on good form and dropping on poor form.
Stanley gets a reprieve as there is no replacement but surely Dahlhaus gets dropped for either Narkle, Jarvis or even Taheny - we must think we're the Harlem Globetrotters if we keep Dahl in the 1's stinking it up just to "find fitness"
I will lose my s**t if we drop Close this week...........
Footballers who are dropped or given a bake have the opportunity to restore pride by turning their form around - we don't play that card anywhere near often enough IMHO

It may be deemed old fashioned but I believe there's huge merit in selecting on good form and dropping on poor form.
Stanley gets a reprieve as there is no replacement but surely Dahlhaus gets dropped for either Narkle, Jarvis or even Taheny - we must think we're the Harlem Globetrotters if we keep Dahl in the 1's stinking it up just to "find fitness"
I will lose my sh*t if we drop Close this week...........
Footballers who are dropped or given a bake have the opportunity to restore pride by turning their form around - we don't play that card anywhere near often enough IMHO
Agreed.

He can find form and fitness in the vfl if need be. Mediocrity should not be accepted. Fair enough he has been having trouble with his groins, but if it is that much of a hindrance he shouldn't be in the best 22.

With Cameron not playing this week, do we return Henry to the backline and throw Kolodjashnij forward to see if he can get that breakthrough goal?

With Cameron not playing this week, do we return Henry to the backline and throw Kolodjashnij forward to see if he can get that breakthrough goal?
Stuff Kolo going forward he has missed so many easy goals he don't deserve one....and why would you put someone forward that has never played forward

Stuff Kolo going forward he has missed so many easy goals he don't deserve one....and why would you put someone forward that has never played forward

I think (hope) he may have been taking the p*** suggesting it.

But it’s a good point you raise, and begs the question why Henry is even there to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back