Preview Geelong vs North Melbourne - Sun April 18 @4:40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would hope for at least 5 changes this week, was staggered that people thought Holmes or Constable would have been worse than ZGuthrie, who must have one of the worst win/loss records in the league.
Have we ever won a game with him in the side?

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
In The Mix

"Never has the return of Patrick Dangerfield been needed more than now. The gun midfielder joins Gary Rohan back from suspension, while Brandan Parfitt should be fit after missing the loss to Melbourne with a hip complaint. Jeremy Cameron is pushing to play but might be held back for one more game. Last week's unused substitute Max Holmes will be in the frame, while Charlie Constable was good at VFL level alongside Josh Jenkins (three goals) and Darcy Fort (one). Last week's inclusion Brad Close was more lively than fellow small forward Luke Dahlhaus, and while late inclusion Quinton Narkle was solid, he'll likely be the first to fall out. Should new-found tagger Mark O'Connor swing back into defence, then Zach Guthrie's spot will be on the line.

R4 medical sub: Max Holmes (unused)

Verdict: Dangerfield, Rohan and Parfitt for Narkle, Dahlhaus and Zach Guthrie. - Mitch Cleary"

Very different to fox footy

Team Tips: The Cats need to get their season back on track after a poor outing against Melbourne and will receive a big boost with Jeremy Cameron all but certain to play. Patrick Dangerfield and Gary Rohan will be rushed straight back into Geelong’s team after suspensions. Brandan Parfitt was a late out against Melbourne but should play against the Kangaroos.

Very different to fox footy

Team Tips: The Cats need to get their season back on track after a poor outing against Melbourne and will receive a big boost with Jeremy Cameron all but certain to play. Patrick Dangerfield and Gary Rohan will be rushed straight back into Geelong’s team after suspensions. Brandan Parfitt was a late out against Melbourne but should play against the Kangaroos.
"All but certain" sounds like they're using old info I think.

My bet is he plays a half in the vfl so I'm very glad kayo is coming to the party

My bet is he plays a half in the vfl so I'm very glad kayo is coming to the party
I think I read that option as ruled out. If he trains this week in all three sessions he will play AFL. If he pulls up sore...

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Have we ever played him without a massive injury list?
Round 1. We had a healthy enough list and he still managed to squeeze in for some unknown reason. Didn't last long, got dumped straight away just like he did after round 1 last year as well.
inj1.jpg

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Reading this board is a constant reminder of the stupidity of mankind.
People calling for Clark and close to be dropped. People calling for Rohan to come straight back in. Clark and close both showed more than Rohan has shown in months. Literally. and those calling for Narkle to go out. He had 17 touches and a bunch of those contested after playing a half of footy the day before. And not sure many understand how significant that is - he’s played, pulled up, would have aches, soreness and would usually be rehydrating and recovering the day after. Not playing a whole AFL game. Huge effort from him.

For mine, I hope they drop Stanley floor Fort, Zuthrie (is a VFL player only) for Parfitt, Cameron for Kolo (Henry to go back) Danger for Dahlhaus (Dahl is finished)
Hey Hey hey.... not all of us please

What am I looking at?

It's the win/loss record and percentage for each ladder position at the start of the round so far this year

Essentially, the team sitting in 17th at the start of the round (round 2 onwards) is the best performing team so far as they're yet to lose, and have the best percentage from 3 matches

While the teams sitting in 9th, 10th & 18th (North) at the start of the round are yet to win a match this year

So heading into this clash we're sitting in 10th, North are in their now accustomed position of 18th - so would seem likely that one team will break the winless start to the season for said ladder position

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

I think it’s zero chance he ever plays vfl level
Especially considering we’re 2-2
I’d be more happy to have him play this week and if we’re up by a stack at half time then he can just rest
He does need to be fit for WC rather than NM in my opinion

also what is with Kayo coming to the party? Have I missed something

It's the win/loss record and percentage for each ladder position at the start of the round so far this year

Essentially, the team sitting in 17th at the start of the round (round 2 onwards) is the best performing team so far as they're yet to lose, and have the best percentage from 3 matches

While the teams sitting in 9th, 10th & 18th (North) at the start of the round are yet to win a match this year

So heading into this clash we're sitting in 10th, North are in their now accustomed position of 18th - so would seem likely that one team will break the winless start to the season for said ladder position
Ah ok, that took me way too long to get.

I’d be more happy to have him play this week and if we’re up by a stack at half time then he can just rest

Kayo is televising it. Haven't read the details but there's an agreement with the vfl

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong

Here's hoping the hawks can break the trend this weekend.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
My ideal team for this week
FB: Bews, Kolo, Henderson
HB: Atkins, Blicavs, Stewart
C: Smith, Dangerfield, Clarke
HF: Miers, Henry, Duncan
FF: Rohan, Hawkins, Close
R: Guthrie, Selwood, Stanley
IC: Menegola, Tuohy, O'Connor, Parfitt

This assumes Cameron and Evans don't get up from injuries because I would be putting those two in, and dropping Rohan and Tuohy.

Henry hasn't been bad forward but Rohan or Cameron makes him the 3rd forward, which considering how Lever bullied him would suit him.

Backline is too tall still but Scott loves Kolo/Hendo/Blicavs there.
Probably would give up on the O'Connor as a tagger job. Either he is a mid, or he isn't. If he isn't drop Bews and put O'Connor into defense.
Duncan on the HFF because christ our delivery forward V Melbourne was at times abhorrent.

Kayo already on it too
Screenshot_20210413-205828_Kayo Sports.jpg

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back