Game Day Geelong vs North Melbourne - Sun April 18 GMHBA Stadium @4:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autopsy:

Last night was a bit melty after the team was announced, now it's time to shift our focus to the game ahead & the 22 players (fingers crossed the 23rd won't be needed) that will take to the field in the clash against North

Today we'll see Dangerfield & Rohan return to the side after suspensions, while we'll get to see #16 take to the field for the first time when Sam De Koning becomes out third debutant this season

Well, the day is finally here where we have a trilogy of Geelong vs North Melbourne games - the VFLW, VFL and AFL sides all play their North Melbourne counterparts today.

Hopefully we get 3 wins out of 3.

What worries me most is that for Miers and Dalhaus to still get a game after their recent putrid form, means we clearly don't have options to replace them. How Narkle can't get a game over one of them astounds me. Both he and Clark seem unlucky, would have been a good confidence boost for both to give them plenty of football against a struggling team.

What worries me most is that for Miers and Dalhaus to still get a game after their recent putrid form, means we clearly don't have options to replace them. How Narkle can't get a game over one of them astounds me. Both he and Clark seem unlucky, would have been a good confidence boost for both to give them plenty of football against a struggling team.

I'm fine keeping Miers in. Dahlhaus still playing is absurd though.

Knowing this club’s fine talent at extracting maximum melts and trolling the hell out of us I’m tipping Clark as a late “in” or injury sub. I guess we will know by the start of the VFL game.

I'm fine keeping Miers in. Dahlhaus still playing is absurd though.

I'm trying to work out of the issue with Miers - his numbers are up on last year, with him going at 15.4 disposals per game, 4.5 marks, 1.8 tackles & 1 goal per game

I'll happily take a small forward kicking a goal a game

I'm trying to work out of the issue with Miers - his numbers are up on last year, with him going at 15.4 disposals per game, 4.5 marks, 1.8 tackles & 1 goal per game

I think there’s no doubt he’s been working up the ground more because we’ve been missing a number of first choice mids so they want to take advantage of his running power. With Danger, Duncan and Menegola back now I’m hoping he can spend more time in F50 where he is a natural.

Exactly - I'm reasonably happy with Miers, even if he's not starring. That said, would like him to play closer to goals more often... but again, if our game plan dictates he goes down the ground, can't do much about that.

I think there’s no doubt he’s been working up the ground more because we’ve been missing a number of first choice mids so they want to take advantage of his running power. With Danger, Duncan and Menegola back now I’m hoping he can spend more time in F50 where he is a natural.

He's number are similar to his 1st year when it was last full length games - and not saying that's the best we're going to see from him, but not sure he's going to become a 25 disposal per game type player

I'd be much happier to see more of his 15 disposals in and around our forward 50 though

Knowing this club’s fine talent at extracting maximum melts and trolling the hell out of us I’m tipping Clark as a late “in” or injury sub. I guess we will know by the start of the VFL game.

Id think Clark as a sub ..bringing pace late in game would make a lot of sense.... but the whole concept of a sub for injury..makes no sense if you cant replace like for like. If Stanley gets injured... I cant see Clark helping too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A key part of him being drafted and his constant selection is his running and ability to cover ground. We do not know the figures on other players but Id love to see numbers for other players who do not get selected like Krueger. How does he go pre season in running etc.

Miers ability to kick a goal seems icing to the running he brings rather than the other way around ..... and for what its worth I agree , I like goal kickers and its why id have others in front of DHouse.... his goal kicking numbers are appalling. At his age he should be leading the way around the ground with those numbers..bot being a pressure forward. Id eve rather see Brownless get a game. in front of him.. I believe he can run.

He's number are similar to his 1st year when it was last full length games - and not saying that's the best we're going to see from him, but not sure he's going to become a 25 disposal per game type player

I'd be much happier to see more of his 15 disposals in and around our forward 50 though

Has to do more than gather 12 uncontested possessions and a goal a game.
Motlop was hounded on here every week for doing better and there were celebrations when he was finally traded.

If he could manage to improve his tackle count to only 3 or 4 per week (not 1.5 per week), that's likely going to be scoreboard pressure on turnovers caused from those tackles.

Has to do more than gather 12 uncontested possessions and a goal a game.
Motlop was hounded on here every week for doing better and there were celebrations when he was finally traded.

If he could manage to improve his tackle count to only 3 or 4 per week (not 1.5 per week), that's likely going to be scoreboard pressure on turnovers caused from those tackles.

Motlop gave little to no effort and would show up once a season at most. Miers runs his guts out every single game.

Motlop gave little to no effort and would show up once a season at most. Miers runs his guts out every single game.

Not sure about that.
He did average 18 disposals & 1.3 goals per game for Geelong over the span of 135 games.
If Miers can raise his output from 14 disposals and 1 goal per game to that of Motlop's, we have a similar player don't we.

Not sure about that.
He did average 18 disposals & 1.3 goals per game for Geelong over the span of 135 games.
If Miers can raise his output from 14 disposals and 1 goal per game to that of Motlop's, we have a similar player don't we.
Besides that, Miers is scared of physical contact.

Not sure about that.

Motlop was and is super talented and I was a big defender of him. But it's revisionist history to say he was a hard worker and showed up a lot for us.

Geelong fauthful, its been a while! Hope everyone is well.

Im returning to express my supreme disappointment at Clark being dropped this week. We have dropped a guy that has great leg speed and exceptional foot skills and left the listless Dalhaus in the side. It actually baffles me Dalhaus gets games, the guy gives us absolutely nothing and moves like a 40 year old. Meanwhile Rohan who shows up once every 3 weeks for a couple of goals also gets named. Im aware Clark will likely be the sub but come on cats coaching staff...

It's such a frustrating time to be a supporter. Compiled with what we did in the off season, Jeremy Cameron a no brainer, Isaac Smith looks like a good pick-up short term. Shaun Higgins gave us nothing in his first 3 weeks that a kid couldn't give us while developing. Not to mention Jack Steven project last year. The most infuriating thing is this perpetual ominous feeling that has plagued the club for the last few years driven by mature age top ups.

Great to see DK get his chance and hoping Clark gets a run today. Give Taylor and GAJ the deserved send off Go Cats!

I can’t knock Dahlhaus’ endeavour but his selection is getting beyond a joke. I don’t blame him but the MC.

My bet is that Rohan and Dahl will have big games today against poor opposition and then go missing for another 4 weeks when it matters.

Season will be shot and MC will look at each other and then blame it on rule changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back