Preview Geelong vs North, Wed Aug 5 @ GABBA, 5:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intriguing selections...

Like others, surprised that Kreuger isn't getting a run, which means our forward line will be very different to our standard setup. It's not the worst, but I would have preferred we kept one of Rata or Rohan up forward. Danger probably takes Rohan's role, while maybe Hendo, Stanley or Taylor drift forward if we need a second key tall.

Happy to see the skip back

Krueger is an emergency - maybe a late change with him coming in for the old guy who doesn't recover as well as the other...
Hope so but given they said today kruger wont play for two weeks it would be really weird mind games. Are we trying to lure north into the false idea that a first gamer wont play. It will completely throw out their game plan when we reveal the surprise move.

One less kpd-tick.
Actual Ruck vs goldy-tick
Picked the right players to manage out (kolos form is crap parfittlooks tired and sav needs a break)-tick
Rohan out-tick
Blicavs as 2nd ruck-not tick

I know zuthrie deserves a game on form but I would have preferred Kreuger in as the 2nd tall forward-unless danger plays forward I think we will lack marking power up there and I think we needed that more than an extra defender which we have enough of.
If it were sav for Jenkins or Kreuger then I'd have no issues.

One less kpd-tick.
Actual Ruck vs goldy-tick
Picked the right players to manage out (kolos form is crap parfittlooks tired and sav needs a break)-tick
Rohan out-tick
Blicavs as 2nd ruck-not tick

I know zuthrie deserves a game on form but I would have preferred Kreuger in as the 2nd tall forward-unless danger plays forward I think we will lack marking power up there and I think we needed that more than an extra defender which we have enough of.
If it were sav for Jenkins or Kreuger then I'd have no issues.
We have omitted our second and third tall Forward and replaced them with....

How exactly are we going to kick a score with this forward line? Dangers going to have to play full forward with hawkins and centre half forward.

Going to be short of targets I think with both Rohan and Ratugolea out. If nothing else those two can at least generally be relied on to hit a pack and bring the ball to ground. Not sure what we're going to do up forward but we'll see I guess.

I resigned myself to the fact we'd be seeing Zuthrie at some point during this period, fingers crossed he proves me wrong and plays a blinder.

The 'managed' could all have been dropped. Very risky choices. Pleased with Zuthrie, he has filled out a lot and been one of our most consistent in the 'practice' games, deserves a shot. Would have preferred Krueger in there somewhere. A lot of expectations put on Fogarty and Simpson. Danger will have to play forward for significant periods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol I knew it. Shaw didn't actually "drop" Brown and Polec. He just used a game against the worst team in the comp to rest and refresh them while acting publicly like they were omitted from the side to try and get a reaction out of his players. There is zero chance he would have "dropped" Brown and Polec if the had been playing a better team than Adelaide over the weekend. Anyway, let's see whether his attempt to rev those two up works effectively.

With Brown in the side the single most important thing for us to do is to block his leading lanes. If we do that it won't matter how much better his touch is after the game off, he'll struggle to impact regardless.

We have omitted our second and third tall Forward and replaced them with....

How exactly are we going to kick a score with this forward line? Dangers going to have to play full forward with hawkins and centre half forward.

I assume danger will play more forward to manage his minutes ahead of Monday and Selwood Duncan Menegola and Guthrie the mids. Unless we do something radical and put taylor/Hendo fwd.

Lol I knew it. Shaw didn't actually "drop" Brown and Polec. He just used a game against the worst team in the comp to rest and refresh them while acting publicly like they were omitted from the side to try and get a reaction out of his players. There is zero chance he would have "dropped" Brown and Polec if the had been playing a better team than Adelaide over the weekend. Anyway, let's see whether his attempt to rev those two up works effectively.

With Brown in the side the single most important thing for us to do is to block his leading lanes. If we do that it won't matter how much better his touch is after the game off, he'll struggle to impact regardless.
Zuthrie in the hole.

North are sh*t but Im not sure resting half our side is a good idea.

The 4 guys managed were in our bottom 6 last week and Selwood Stanley are big ins for us we are better on paper. It's more about whether you structurally think a 2nd key forward is essential or not.

fogarty and atkins in the same forward line.

shudders.
If the line was set at 10 possessions, 3 tackles and 1 goal between them I’d take unders.

Seriously can’t remember seeing a worse forward line for the Cats, feel free to correct me. I think we’ll be relying on the mids kicking a few.

Also, I haven’t melted enough about Atkins yet. He is next to useless and walks back into the side like he’s Paul Chapman coming off a dubious 1 week suspension for belting a bloke who deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back