Preview Geelong vs North, Wed Aug 5 @ GABBA, 5:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our venture west and life in the Perth hub is over as we embark on a trip East & the 4th different state over the past month, and move into life in our new QLD hub

Up first will be North who hold the record for the highest score in season 2020 when they broke their losing streak against the winless Crows

While we came up against a formidable foe in the Eagles, battled hard all night and just fell short at the end

Having just come off a 5-day turn around we now face a 4-day turn around accompanied by a flight across the country - will we go in with the same team 3 matches in a row, or make the call and swing some changes, especially as there looked to be a few sore & tired bodies at the end of last nights match?

Does the skipper return, do we have a fit #1 ruck to battle it out with Goldstein, will the enigma that is Cockatoo be seen or maybe a debutant will get their chance

Discuss away

Probably looking at 5-ish changes?

Selwood, Narkle, Atkins, possibly Parsons and Zuthrie?

Because they hate Constable he’ll be first out when Selwood is back. Then who knows who comes out. Parfitt, Miers, Simpson and Fogarty are probably most likely on form but it will be more down to who is sore and needs the load off.

I’m assuming Stanley isn’t ready but if he is I’d have Kreuger in for Ratugolea and Stanley for Henderson/Taylor.

If Selwood is right he'll be a more than handy inclusion. Reckon we're due a few changes purely from a rotation standpoint, and obviously Constable likely to miss with the head knock. Would love to see a debut, Krueger or the Cooper Trooper will do just fine.

And this is the kind of game we usually lose.

I'm almost 100% sure Brown will play this one, and my instinct is he'll be rejuvenated off the rest.

We *must* block the space in front of Brown so he doesn't have those running lanes. This is the key is diminishing his impact. He's a straight line runner without much agility so if you deny his that space he finds it much more difficult. Imperative that we do this.

I'd be happy with 1 win over there. We have a lot going against us to play NM after 4 days recovery, and a taxing game v WCE.
Would not surprise me if we go 0-3, but we have some pride and talent returning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Selwood is right he'll be a more than handy inclusion. Reckon we're due a few changes purely from a rotation standpoint, and obviously Constable likely to miss with the head knock. Would love to see a debut, Krueger or the Cooper Trooper will do just fine.

And this is the kind of game we usually lose.
Finally you got one correct. Yes this is a game we usually lose.

I'd be happy with 1 win over there. We have a lot going against us to play NM after 4 days recovery, and a taxing game v WCE.
Would not surprise me if we go 0-3, but we have some pride and talent returning.
Yes , 4 day break, plane trip, new hotel, hard slogs in the West, probably quite a few changes to the team. We have our excuses already.

Unfortunately kangaroos found some form (albeit against wooden spooners). Training run type of game vs our tough one out West. Their midfield of Goldstein, Simpkin, Anderson, Higgins is actually pretty good. Majak feel good story also helps their mood. No gimme unfortunately. Need some fresh legs in. Selwood, Steven, parsons could all come in.

Selwood in for Constable the obvious change.

Fogarty for mine hasn't done enough to maintain his spot. Stanley to replace him if he's fit, and then I don't see a need for Henderson/Taylor to play if they don't play Brown so potentially Steven to come in for him.

Love to see Cockatoo but there hasn't been much noise around a game for him from the coaches so doesn't look likely unfortunately - in my opinion

Probably looking at 5-ish changes?

Selwood, Narkle, Atkins, possibly Parsons and Zuthrie?

Because they hate Constable he’ll be first out when Selwood is back. Then who knows who comes out. Parfitt, Miers, Simpson and Fogarty are probably most likely on form but it will be more down to who is sore and needs the load off.

I’m assuming Stanley isn’t ready but if he is I’d have Kreuger in for Ratugolea and Stanley for Henderson/Taylor.

I think they will want Stanley to have a practice match first and then come in next week same with Jenkins and it sounded to me like Atkins is still a week away. This stuff saves sav as he can 2nd ruck and Kreuger can't and we will need that vs Goldy. I think cockatoo will tempt them but it's too early. I think concussion and a 4 day break rules out constable anyway. I think zuthrie deserves a go on form but we have too many defenders already.

Prediction:
Out: constable (conc) miers (managed) Simpson (managed)
In: selwood narkle steven/stephens

Simpson out keeps Fogarty in as we need defensive balance without Dahl and Narkle doesn't defend well.
I'd drop kolo but we won't.
Kreuger for Rohan if we want him in.

Then Stanley and Jenkins in for hendo/Taylor and sav next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back