Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Great win vs the Dogs. Now we have a 6 day break before taking on Port.

Can we keep up that effort and intensity and tackling for a 2nd week in a row?

Changes:
Who's in for Cocky?
O'Connor back to the VFL?
Stanley come back in the VFL?
Cunico, Buzza or Gardner to make their debuts?

I would drop parsons but our small forward stocks are at an all time low in terms of fit and available ones.

I doubt ghs gets back in given how well scooter and menegola played and likewise i doubt stanley gets in with how well taylor and smith played.

Out: cockatoo (inj) oconnor (omitted) lonergan (omitted)

In: guthrie gardner and cunico/lang

Menzel can rest at the bye but lonergan looks cooked. I wouldn't mind going smaller in defence but since they like the 3 talls i have gone for gardner.

I am not a murdoch fan but he was ok and the reality is with our legspeed deficiency he will be likely to play the next few games until cocky is back.

• Banned
What I would do:

Out - O'Connor (omit), Cockatoo (inj), Lonergan (omit/managed).
In - Guthrie, Lang/Cunico, Gardner.

FB: Bews - Gardner - Kolodjashnij
HB: Tuohy - Henderson - Stewart
C: Duncan - S. Selwood - Guthrie
HF: Menzel - Taylor - Parsons
FF: Motlop - Hawkins - Murdoch
R: Smith - Dangerfield - J. Selwood
INT: Menegola, Blicavs, Mackie, Lang/Cunico.

Another injury to a player in a similar position we are really struggling with keeping small forwards on the field. Following up with the same sort of intensity and pressure will be very hard. A few players can hopefully carry their form from this week.

O'Connor has to go back to the VFL he's not close to being ready for afl footy. Lonergan is struggling big time I wouldn't say he can't come back but he does look done. I also can't see them dropping him but I would. I really hope Stanley doesn't come back in. I think he needs to play VFL at CHF until he's banged the door off its hinges.

Lang has struggled this year but we need another small forward. I really want Black in the team I've been impressed with what he's done. I think Stewart and Kolo can play on some taller opposition with Hendo and Blitz helping out. And of course Taylor when needed although hopefully he got confidence from the last game.

Out Cockatoo O'Connor Lonergan
In Guthrie Lang Black

Doubt they will play any VFL players off a 5 day break.
Doubt they will bring Gardner in for his debut to play on Charlie Dixon.

Henderson should play on Dixon regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 year celebration. Port really wanna spoil the party. Port very good and zippy, but the same tackling frenzy would beat them. Very important game in terms of backing up a great performance against dogs. Best teams back it up! Cocky out/Guthrie in, probably want to see bews or o'connor out but they might get close checking roles to contain the powers gun running backs and small forwards respectively. Go cats!

10 year celebration. Port really wanna spoil the party. Port very good and zippy, but the same tackling frenzy would beat them. Very important game in terms of backing up a great performance against dogs. Best teams back it up! Cocky out/Guthrie in, probably want to see bews or o'connor out but they might get close checking roles to contain the powers gun running backs and small forwards respectively. Go cats!

Bews stays for mine

Ok

OUT: Cockatoo, O'Connor
IN: Cunico, Guthrie

Well let's see how Cunico fares in the VFL

Cockatoo for Guthrie is the clear swap, just depends on whether the club want to persist with O'Connor or send him back to the VFL with the taste of what to expect from senior footy. Maybe if Lang plays a decent game in the reserves today a straight swap between the two could be on the cards. Murdoch holds his spot after coming in as the emergency after a really impressive game. He's a really big boy, and when he goes in hard either for the ball or tackle, he can pull off some pretty nice things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back