Preview Geelong vs Port Adelaide, Thursday 25th May, 7:20pm @ Simonds Stadium

Winner + Margin?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would've thought Lonergan would be necessary this week against Dixon, who suits Lonergan to a tee (big, strong, not overly mobile).

With Trengove and Westhoff up forward they can stretch us.

We have henderson kolo stewart and blicavs if we need it.

31 is back! Lets just hope cunico does justice to it.

Happy they finally left lonergan out helps the team's run.

Parsons is lucky but all our small fwds are injured.

Harsh on Parsons PO.....I thought his second quarter in particular last week was excellent. Get games into the kid...he looks a player to me.

Silky mover who uses the ball well. I know I keep harping on with the Bob Murphy comparisons but he is that type of player in the way that he plays. He'll take a while having come off 2 injury riddled years but this kid oozes class.

If he has Murphys foot skills that'll do me.

Harsh on Parsons PO.....I thought his second quarter in particular last week was excellent. Get games into the kid...he looks a player to me.

He is a player all i am saying is he wouldnt get a gig right now if cockatoo gregson and mccarthy were fit which is true. I dont think he's quite ready currently but for the future looks good.

That's a really exciting lineup. Guthrie's been tepid this season and Lang is running out of chances so I hope both can deliver. If they do we definitely become a more damaging side. Good on Cunico, I'm glad some kids are being given chances.

I wonder whether for the second KPD spot Kolo is handed the mantle? Surely Taylor won't be back much after last week. We've suspected the back 6 could prosper without an ageing Lonergan so let's see if this is accurate.

Wingard out is a big loss for them and along with the home ground advantage swings the advantage our way. Otherwise it looks a very even contest on paper and tough to pick.
Perhaps, but generally, Mackie has been very good this year.

I get your point on not burning him out. He doesn't seem prone to that like some of the other veterans though. No doubt he'll get a week or two off at some stage.
True, but with Ruggles and Thurlow waiting in the wings I think the odd well timed week off would definitely benefit him come season's end.

That's your definition.
It could also mean he's a bit sore and needs the week off so we can "manage" him through the season.
Who would know though...
When he's not back in a fortnights time, I'll remind you of that post
Feel free to bookmark that
He was dropped......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with those changes. Despite calling for Blicavs head often, if he is to play in the team id be comfortable with it being as a tall defensive option rather than the pure midfield role he has been playing. Though the experiment with Blicavs in defense would be better done in the VFL, and Ruggles is stiff to miss out, this atleast shows some progress by the match committee in acknowledging we cannot play such a tall team and expect to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back