Preview Geelong vs Port Adelaide, Thursday 25th May, 7:20pm @ Simonds Stadium

Winner + Margin?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at the sides port has played so far, does anyone else feel like their perceived form could be a bit dubious? They've beaten some average sides and lost to the good ones. Just an observation. I'm still not totally buying this meme the coaches have been spouting about all teams being equal. Thursday will be telling. I'll be tipping us comfortably. Hopefully Port start throwing punches. As soon as they do, it's game over.

Probably one of the only sides inside the 8 that has a consistent form line and beaten who they should lost the 50 / 50's. I think what sticks out is they belted the poor sides so it reads they were clearly better.

Wins

Sydney. ( 28 )
Fremantle ( 89 )
Lions. ( 83 )
Suns. ( 72 )
Carlton (90)

Losses

Adelaide. ( 17 )
GWS. ( 31 )
West coast ( 10 )

Only probable questionable drop was west coast at home.

Geelong

Fremantle. (42)
North. (1)
Melbourne. (29)
Hawthorn. (86)
St Kilda. (38)
Western b. (23)

Losses
Coll. (29)
Suns. (25)
Ess. (17)

Only 2 of the sides actually sit inside the 8 the st Kilda and western bulldogs were both extremely goods wins in my book. But Geelong's formline is puzzling because the north game was get out of jail stuff and a touch fortunate against melbourne.

So I view this as a 50 / 50 game could go either way give Geelong the edge for home factor at a guess if port win they would jump us with a game in hand so I really think it's a top 4 matchup

If Cunico gets 15 he will hurt. Its a big step though.

Yes and no, he's certainly not just an outside receiver, he also gets more contested possessions than any of the other three.

And only 8 of the 15 need to be outside.

Good luck son ( do we know the numbers of these debutants [ as in 967th player? to represent Geelong at the level].

If Cunico gets 15 he will hurt. Its a big step though.

And only 8 of the 15 need to be outside.

Good luck son ( do we know the numbers of these debutants [ as in 967th player? to represent Geelong at the level].
1,068th.

Really good picks. Bringing in deserving players who have performed well at VFL level is excellent news. Pressure is now applied to the GHS's, Ruggles (who are both unlucky), O'Connors, Langs and other players in the team to perform at the highest level and to maintain that form, including maintaining it at VFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do you guys think Zac Smith will go against Ryder? The more I think about this game, the more I believe this is the key to the winner. Dangerwood got a hell of a lot of ball against the Dogs, and a big reason for this was that the ball was being thrown up instead of bounced and with the Dogs having no true Ruckman, Zac Smith was driving the ball down to Dangerfield, Selwood and Duncan. I don't think Cats will get such easy extraction this week. Like to know what you guys think? Because Port have some pretty good odds in this game, and I think it's a game they can win... big factor being the 2 week break too.

Ryder will more than likely get the edge in hitouts and around the ground. Would not think either will be a game changer unless one can kick a few forward.

This game is all about the midfield

Dangerfield, Selwood, Menegola, S.Selwood, Guthrie

Gray, Wines, Boak, Ebert, Hartlett

Wingard out is fantastic for Geelong

Ryder will more than likely get the edge in hitouts and around the ground. Would not think either will be a game changer unless one can kick a few forward.

This game is all about the midfield

Dangerfield, Selwood, Menegola, S.Selwood, Guthrie

Gray, Wines, Boak, Ebert, Hartlett

Wingard out is fantastic for Geelong
Add Mitch Duncan to that list. He's had a fantastic year to date.

Don't know how managing Lonergan means the GFC realises the end is near. We managed pretty much the whole list in 2011 - does that mean we thought the whole list was getting to the end of their careers back then?

Very high probability if he is fit will be back next week 2 games in 6 days not easy for a 33 year old

He'll definitely be back in the seniors, regardless of form, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play predominantly against the slower teams/forward lines, and 'managed' against the quicker ones.

Would have no problems with that selection strategy whatsoever. :thumbsu:

“I’ll be playing the majority of my time on the wing and I need to use my speed and try to take the game on."

From the Cunico article tonight.

Thought you were talking about yourself for a minute then. Was about to congratulate you on your debut. :p

Have to laugh that out of all the games they choose to rest Lonergan it's against the team he is most suited to play and after Taylor has just had a huge game up forward. They aren't seriously going to trial Blicavs as a key back man in the firsts are they?
Yep. Dixon 200 , Westoff 200 , Trengove 197 and we drop ..sorry rest Lonergan. I they thing after the Suns game Dixon will just be too much for him? And then not replace him , changes our D setup... it must be tactical .. do the see the Port forwardline as something that we can run out of?

Yep. Dixon 200 , Westoff 200 , Trengove 197 and we drop ..sorry rest Lonergan. I they thing after the Suns game Dixon will just be too much for him? And then not replace him , changes our D setup... it must be tactical .. do the see the Port forwardline as something that we can run out of?

Westhoff hasn't played forward all year. Trengove isn't great in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back