Geelong vs Richmond MCG Sunday 17th 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodluck, I'm sure the results from years ago have more relevance than a 51 point thrashing when we last met in the cold, wet conditions.
And you too.

Cats defence may be a little slow against the Tigers small forwards.

Our defence last year definitely got found out. But we've lost Lonergan, Mackie, Taylor and Henderson.

They've been replaced by Blicavs who would be one of the fastest and definitely fittest for his size, kolodjashnij who played wing for parts of last year and has played great shut down roles on agile guys like Walters before and Henry who was a junior athlete. At a guess Thurlow will come in for Black.

So the 4 changes from last year all make us far quicker and more agile so I'd be surprised if they get us for pace. I'm more worried about a guy like reiwoldt having too many smarts for Blicavs.

Our defence last year definitely got found out. But we've lost Lonergan, Mackie, Taylor and Henderson.

They've been replaced by Blicavs who would be one of the fastest and definitely fittest for his size, kolodjashnij who played wing for parts of last year and has played great shut down roles on agile guys like Walters before and Henry who was a junior athlete. At a guess Thurlow will come in for Black.

So the 4 changes from last year all make us far quicker and more agile so I'd be surprised if they get us for pace. I'm more worried about a guy like reiwoldt having too many smarts for Blicavs.
Zac Guthrie came in for Black.

This game really won't tell me anything. We've still got Taylor, Henderson, Selwood, Cockatoo, Guthrie and Menzel to return should we happen to falter here and think we need changes. We're still carrying a few so there's always scope for improvement.

Taylor, not best 22 anymore, imo. Only in defence to cover injuries.
Henderson, play forward. In defence to cover injuries. Borderline best 22, imo.
Scott Selwood, yes.
Cockatoo, yes. His body really needs to hold up.
Guthrie, not best 22 anymore, imo.
Menzel, yes.

Goodluck, I'm sure the results from years ago have more relevance than a 51 point thrashing when we last met in the cold, wet conditions.

Didn't we have Selwood Hawkins and Duncan out that game?

Apparently he's been sore for a few weeks prior to last week too, and it just got a bit too sore to risk before the Port game.
If we were playing Gold Coast at the MCG this week it might be a different story, but I reckon the club can't afford to miss him against quality opposition. Very important game in terms of how the top 4 is shaping up. A 90% Dusty is still probably better than most players running around.

Is this match what’s referred to as an 8 point game?

Tiges dropped our 2nd tall forward in Moore 193 cms
We only have Jack 193 cms and the rest are smalls.
Cats have 4 Defenders over 190 cms, on a wet day I think our smalls are going to be to nimble..,

Do cats fans anticipate any late changes to go shorter or will they take the punt with the 4 talls...

Cats have 4 Defenders over 190 cms, on a wet day I think our smalls are going to be to nimble..,

Do cats fans anticipate any late changes to go shorter or will they take the punt with the 4 talls...
The 4 we have are Henry, Blicavs, Kolo and Stewart. None of them are in danger of losing their spot and all 4 have done well on smalls in the past. Blitz will play on Reiwoldt and probably Henry on Caddy with both receiving help from Stewart. Zones are usually set up for smaller forward lines.

Richmond dropped Moore because he's no good. His size was irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 4 we have are Henry, Blicavs, Kolo and Stewart. None of them are in danger of losing their spot and all 4 have done well on smalls in the past. Blitz will play on Reiwoldt and probably Henry on Caddy with both receiving help from Stewart. Zones are usually set up for smaller forward lines.
All very agile for their height and 2 months ago called a very undersized backline.....

Loving the banter in here, can tell this is a big game!
We have a banter thread on our board every week. Only been a few Geelong supporters in there this week but that's to be expected, we realise most don't travel.

Gez very quick to say that for a 5 game KP player maybe everybody should be gun out of the box.It's called development.
At the moment he's no good hence why he got dropped.

We have a banter thread on our board every week. Only been a few Geelong supporters in there this week but that's to be expected, we realise most don't travel.

Ironic that one.
Were you one sooking about the game at KP last year but then didn’t go as Richmond didn’t fill their allocation?
Seems your team doesn’t travel either...

Ironic that one.
Were you one sooking about the game at KP last year but then didn’t go as Richmond didn’t fill their allocation?
Seems your team doesn’t travel either...
I'd rather interact with my mother in law.

He doesn’t duck d$@&head, he has his head taken off, gets concussions and the amount of off the ball stuff is unreal; yet he never complains unlike your mob of wheezers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You're correct he doesn't duck, he just drops his knees and raises his arm/shoulder. He's the undisputed king of the head high tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back