Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
A lot was made of the corresponding fixture last year where the Cats despite finishing 2nd on the ladder, hosted the Tiges in the first week of the finals at the MCG rather than at skilled. The Catters produced one of our better performances of the year disposing of the Roos last Saturday while the Martin-less Richmond fell to Port in Adelaide.

Richmond 9-3

2nd on the ladder. Solid performances against Melbourne, Collingwood and North Melbourne. Beat the Hawks who were riding high off an Easter Monday win against our mob. Notable away losses to the competitions more sterner tests away from home particularly against the best team in the comp, the West Coast Eagles.

Geelong 8-4

4th on the table. Notable wins were against Port Adelaide in Adelaide, Collingwood at the MCG and North Melbourne. Beat the Dees in our season opener in a match either team would have been worthy to call the victor. Gallant in defeat against West Coast playing short handed with injuries to Ablett and Guthrie during the game. Poor loss to the Bombers who were on a losing streak. The Swans knocked us off with Buddy and Hannebery absent and it was at GMHBA stadium. Our season has been unspectacular thus far yet we still sit 4th on the table and well in the hunt.

Dusty vs Danger

Neither has been truly great in season 2018, unlike a year ago when they were 1&2 in the bronwlow medal count. One on one or license to roam? Forecast for these two?

This looms as a huge encounter and will tell many a tale once it's done and dusted ( see what I did there } This match could well prove very telling for either side as defeat will pose serious questions about their premiership aspirations, at least in the short term.

If the Tigers lose it will be back to back losses, more so against quality opposition, and three in 5 games. If the Cats lose it would have suffered defeats to Hawthorn, West Coast, Sydney, and now Richmond. Win and it could really propel our season installing huge self belief. If the Tigers win they're back on track rolling and are still living up to their duty taking care of business in their own back yard. They have more to lose than the Cats, but the Cats need to have a real big scalp if they're considered genuine contenders.

Is this the game Geelong will finally announce itself as a genuine flag threat in 2018? Or will the Tige's get back on their bike and land another telling blow to a top 4 hopeful inflicting more pain.

Predictions, crowd, margin, best players? Fascinating match ups?

Break it down and analyse it.

don't forget the conditions. 12 degrees, cloudy and rain forecasted. Wet Weather football it seems.

Last edited:
I was just thinking it's been awhile since you made a thread.
If he actually goes to the effort to put some content in the OP, what's the problem with it?

I was going to say something snarky but you have a Karate Kid reference in your avatar so I'm conflicted.

Geelong by 12.

Geelong's defence looks much better than it did last year but I think Richmond at the 'G provide the perfect test for Geelong's constant weaknesses: inability to cope with sustained pressure and inability to stop a team who has a run-on. You know Richmond will bring the heat and they never stop trying, so a run-on is likely at some point in the game. Will be fascinating to see if Geelong's current game-plan and defence holds up at the MCG against a very good team.

INB4 this thread turns into a vitriolic mess. Come on, BigFooty, surprise me!

Another bumper crowd and finals like atmosphere. With the Swannies and West Coast to kick off proceedings on Friday night the season is starting to hot up. Port vs Richmond, Dees-Pies on Monday, now these two.

Looooooooooooove it

Another bumper crowd and finals like atmosphere. With the Swannies and West Coast to kick off proceedings on Friday night the season is starting to hot up. Port vs Richmond, Dees-Pies on Monday, now these two.

Looooooooooooove it
No, it won't be a bumper crowd mate because the cats are charging too much for some of the reserved tickets.

Probably 60k at most.

Tiges by 5 goals +.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the exception of the belting they handed Essendon, Richmond are only just going. They're winning games and pocketing the 4 points like good sides should do at this time of the year but they're nothing too fearsome at this stage of proceedings.

Geelong's defence has really clicked since about round 4 or so and the midfield are finally starting to gel. For me, no matter what sort of form Richmond are in, this game will tell me if Geelong are just wasting their time this year or not.

Geelong to control it for most of the game and win by 3+ goals.

At Skilled I think Geelong but at the G Richmond should be too good.

We only lost last year by a tad over two goals with an injured Caddy in the first quarter ,Rance having a shocker and an absolute rort by the umpires,they had to get the stomach pump out to retrieve the swallowed whistles then they used em for Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back