HB: Short Mansell D.Rioli
C: Edwards Cotchin Pickett
HF: Castagna Baker Aarts
F: Riewoldt Bolton Lynch
R: Nankervis Lambert Parker
INT: Stack Chol Graham Caddy
Medi-Sub: Ross
EMG: RCD CCJ HRS

Reckon this is another game where experience will get the nod over youth as we try and win a very important game in terms of making a charge at the finals. If we lose this and other results go against us then there is every chance that the cue gets put in the rack and the kids will get a bit of a crack at it for the remainder of the year.

I really hope caddy is in.. he’s a true campaigner and loves giving it to his ex cat team mates
Always plays well vs them
Caddy steadied the ship in the opening of the 2017 grand final when Jack had missed a couple.
Another final, versus the Cats, might have been in 2019, he intimidated them.

BacksRyan Garthwaite42David Astbury12Dylan Grimes2
Half-BacksJayden Short15Rhyan Mansell31Sydney Stack44
CentrelineJack Ross5Trent Cotchin9Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsJason Castagna11Liam Baker7Jake Aarts16
ForwardsTom Lynch19Shai Bolton29Jack Riewoldt8
FollowersToby Nankervis25Kane Lambert23Matt Parker37
InterchangeDaniel Rioli17Mabior Chol41Shane Edwards10
Jack Graham34
EmergenciesSamson Ryan32Riley Collier-Dawkins26Hugo Ralphsmith45
Josh Caddy22

B: Garthwaite Astbury Grimes

Reckon this is another game where experience will get the nod over youth as we try and win a very important game in terms of making a charge at the finals. If we lose this and other results go against us then there is every chance that the cue gets put in the rack and the kids will get a bit of a crack at it for the remainder of the year.
Bloody hell Aarts still in the team play one short with him every week

assuming we make the finals,would you rather we win or lose this game? Winning would make the media jump back on us, put weight of expectation on again… if that happens we get knocked out week 1.
But if we lose and win the next 4 against worse teams, we continue flying under the radar until finals, get back a bunch of top players and then flick the switch, with the element of surprise

assuming we make the finals,would you rather we win or lose this game? Winning would make the media jump back on us, put weight of expectation on again… if that happens we get knocked out week 1.
But if we lose and win the next 4 against worse teams, we continue flying under the radar until finals, get back a bunch of top players and then flick the switch, with the element of surprise
Win.
Would do wonders for their confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to win this one, lose the rest, finish 12th and reset for 2022

B: Garthwaite Astbury Grimes

The season officially ended when Martin went down with injury for the year.

All other injuries could be somewhat replaceable...kind of.

No Dusty no flag. Scraping one final win is meh. Would rather reload for next year.

Farts and George lol
Arts and Castagna are clearly going to stay in the side until we can't mathematically make finals. Both probably playing for their short term futures and the MC are going to give them every chance as proven players.

Perhaps we can lay off the gazillions of posts of faux outrage week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week at their obvious selection, for a while ?

It's tiring, boring and monotonous and hasn't made a single iota of difference to their ongoing selection. It's made me even think that it's outrageously possible the match committee aren't reading big footy after all. Lol

An annoyingly close second is the monotonous calls for Miller to be selected (whilst clearly listed as injured) when it's perfectly obvious he won't be selected until Round 5.

Sheesh !

[PLAYERCARD[/PLAYERCARD]

Try to win every single game, always, every time and * the media, bunch of dimwitted campaigners.

The side is just weird. Surely you're better off playing Parker in his natural position as a forward to replace an underperformer like Aarts of Castagna then bring in Caddy to play mid/half forward to replace Dusty. You know what you will get from Caddy. 18-20 odd touches and a goal.

I'm also a big Jack Ross fan but I would be playing RCD over him right now. Ross has not had a good year. Stack, Rioli, Mansell and Short seems one too many smalls up back.

It looks like we're already tanking which given my post above is not the worst thing going forward. The season is cooked.

The season officially ended when Martin went down with injury for the year.

All other injuries could be somewhat replaceable...kind of.

No Dusty no flag. Scraping one final win is meh. Would rather reload for next year.
In the same boat myself, but can see where the club is coming from in terms of taking a shot given none of the teams in the 8 really look unbeatable.

Ugh Gary Rohan back for them. Didn’t he kick 5 goals for them last time? Hopefully we pay closer attention to him with Jeremy Cameron out for them.

The side is just weird. Surely you're better off playing Parker in his natural position as a forward to replace an underperformer like Aarts of Castagna then bring in Caddy to play mid/half forward to replace Dusty. You know what you will get from Caddy. 18-20 odd touches and a goal.

I'm also a big Jack Ross fan but I would be playing RCD over him right now. Ross has not had a good year. Stack, Rioli, Mansell and Short seems one too many smalls up back.

It looks like we're already tanking which given my post above is not the worst thing going forward. The season is cooked.

Pretty ridiculous to say we are already tanking. Side is the same as last week except for the Edwards. I agree RCD or Caddy would get a go before Ross if i were selecting, but its definitely not the difference between winning and tanking

Ugh Gary Rohan back for them. Didn’t he kick 5 goals for them last time? Hopefully we pay closer attention to him with Jeremy Cameron out for them.

Yeah kicking 5 on us with Hawkins & Cameron in the side vs just Hawkins is a different scenario.

Will be interesting to see how this goes. A part of my thinks we got this, then another part of me thinks. we will lose by 10 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back