Preview Geelong vs Richmond - MCG, Sunday July 25, 1:45 - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying not to melt too much, but Caddy should be playing in front of Aarts

coming around to this view. Given the absolute shite Aarts has been dishing up its not like we lose with Caddy in.

Trying not to melt too much, but Caddy should be playing in front of Aarts

Probably not a bad straight swap, I just have some concerns about Caddy for pace.

You sir / madam are a fool and demonstrating the complete ignorance that exists amongst non Geelong supporters.

For a start the first link is not a quote from Geelong, it’s an article from a journalist. The context is that we know we won’t get 11 home games (like yours, and every other club gets) ….. hence the best result we can hope for is 9 games at Geelong.

If you did your research or understood the facts of the matter you would not need me to tell you these facts.

I’m still happy to have that rationale discussion but it’s damn hard when you’re dealing with nuffies more intent on taking the p155 instead of using facts.

So to put it in simple English for you - Geelong want 11 games at home. We don’t ask for games in Melb. The facts are we get made to play at MCG because of the antiquated agreement the AFL has - and before that it was Marvel. Go back and fact check the years Geelong had 8 games at home - 2 home games at the G - 1 home game at Marvel to help satisfy AFL agreements.

There’s my rationale reply - muppet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ok so you understand that there are bigger agreements in place that mean you have obligations like every club does to play games at the biggest stadium in the country. This was the fixture that was drawn on you. When the fixture came out, did your fart sniffing club contest this decision, or accept it?

Why is it now, you want that changed? You ACCEPTED this decision when the fixture came out as you KNEW it was your obligation. Yet, now you think that due to COVID, for some reason you no longer have an obligation to play the agreed games at the stadium to which you were drawn?

Companies as a whole need to STOP using the horror which is COVID to think that certain obligations they have agreed to are now "null & void" purely on the basis that it suits their needs. If this game was moved no one benefited, except Geelong. The horror with is COVID is NOT an excuse for you to try and sneak a way to get "what you want" - using tragedy to attempt such a selfish ends is ******* embarrassing on your club & I find it horrendous that most people do not see that. The only games that have been moved in the past 2 seasons are the ones where HEALTH & SAFETY influence the decision.

Does playing in Geelong over Melbourne provide any improved "health & safety" elements to players,officials etc? NO

What basis then are you saying this fixture should be moved, if its not "health & safety"? On what grounds do you think you can change the fixture to suit your whim? How does it benefit the entirety to the league & if it doesn't, why do you think your request for advantage be accepted when so many other clubs are playing at such a huge disadvantage? You are within your rights to sook and whinge about it, much like we did when we had to play a TD against GWS. When we did it, we sure got whacked around for it.

As you said yourself, EVERY CLUB in Victoria has to accept these conditions of fixture & play home games at venues which are not technically their home for the benefit of the league. Using a ******* pandemic, lockdown etc to try and break that agreement is extremely poor taste IMO. It actually stuns me that Geelong don't cop more flack over making such a request in the middle of such adversity, for only purposes which are completely self serving, especially at a time when so many other clubs and Australians are having to make compromises just to remain employed etc. For *s sake, we just had to play Brisbane in QLD instead of the MCG with less than 48hours notice and we just accepted it as we knew it was in the best interest of everyones HEALTH & SAFETY..... Richmond had to play 3 games in a row in Perth including games that were meant to be on our own home ground. The only club in the entire AFL to try and take advantage of these ground changes is your arrogant twat of a club. Clearly you see if the AFL accepted this request, it would open up a massive loophole for everyone to try and do the same, including the finals? The selfishness of your club to even contemplate such a request at such dire times when clubs and the league are losing money hand over fist is an insult to the rest of the league who are literally passing off home ground advantage just to keep this ******* joke of a season running. The arrogance of your club to be so self indulgent to request such a thing at such a time is ******* mind blowing to be quite honest. pull your heads in.

Stop being such a self serving twat on other teams boards as well - you total fart sniffing ass clown.

Last edited:
We get 10 home games, like every other MCG tenant.
Prior to 2017 Richmond and MCG home ground advantage? Haha. We managed to lose finals quite well at the G, in Adelaide.
Our performance at the G is rubbish this year. I'd rather our games were in the Marvel universe.
Anyhow, we are playing a lot better and with Edwards IN we should be close to a win. Cotchin and Lambert played well last week. We need Shane to hit the ground running.

You sir / madam are a fool and demonstrating the complete ignorance that exists amongst non Geelong supporters.

For a start the first link is not a quote from Geelong, it’s an article from a journalist. The context is that we know we won’t get 11 home games (like yours, and every other club gets) ….. hence the best result we can hope for is 9 games at Geelong.

If you did your research or understood the facts of the matter you would not need me to tell you these facts.

I’m still happy to have that rationale discussion but it’s damn hard when you’re dealing with nuffies more intent on taking the p155 instead of using facts.

So to put it in simple English for you - Geelong want 11 games at home. We don’t ask for games in Melb. The facts are we get made to play at MCG because of the antiquated agreement the AFL has - and before that it was Marvel. Go back and fact check the years Geelong had 8 games at home - 2 home games at the G - 1 home game at Marvel to help satisfy AFL agreements.

David Tennant Gif Rain

Ok so you understand that there are bigger agreements in place that mean you have obligations like every club does to play games at the biggest stadium in the country. This was the fixture that was drawn on you. When the fixture came out, did your fart sniffing club contest this decision, or accept it?

Why is it now, you want that changed? You ACCEPTED this decision when the fixture came out as you KNEW it was your obligation. Yet, now you think that due to COVID, for some reason you no longer have an obligation to play the agreed games at the stadium to which you were drawn?

Companies as a whole need to STOP using the horror which is COVID to think that certain obligations they have agreed to are now "null & void" purely on the basis that it suits their needs. If this game was moved no one benefited, except Geelong. The horror with is COVID is NOT an excuse for you to try and sneak a way to get "what you want" - using tragedy to attempt such a selfish ends is ******* embarrassing on your club & I find it horrendous that most people do not see that. The only games that have been moved in the past 2 seasons are the ones where HEALTH & SAFETY influence the decision.

Does playing in Geelong over Melbourne provide any improved "health & safety" elements to players,officials etc? NO

What basis then are you saying this fixture should be moved, if its not "health & safety"? On what grounds do you think you can change the fixture to suit your whim? How does it benefit the entirety to the league & if it doesn't, why do you think your request for advantage be accepted when so many other clubs are playing at such a huge disadvantage? You are within your rights to sook and whinge about it, much like we did when we had to play a TD against GWS. When we did it, we sure got whacked around for it.

As you said yourself, EVERY CLUB in Victoria has to accept these conditions of fixture & play home games at venues which are not technically their home for the benefit of the league. Using a ******* pandemic, lockdown etc to try and break that agreement is extremely poor taste IMO. It actually stuns me that Geelong don't cop more flack over making such a request in the middle of such adversity, for only purposes which are completely self serving, especially at a time when so many other clubs and Australians are having to make compromises just to remain employed etc. For fu**s sake, we just had to play Brisbane in QLD instead of the MCG with less than 48hours notice and we just accepted it as we knew it was in the best interest of everyones HEALTH & SAFETY..... Richmond had to play 3 games in a row in Perth including games that were meant to be on our own home ground. The only club in the entire AFL to try and take advantage of these ground changes is your arrogant twat of a club. Clearly you see if the AFL accepted this request, it would open up a massive loophole for everyone to try and do the same, including the finals? The selfishness of your club to even contemplate such a request at such dire times when clubs and the league are losing money hand over fist is an insult to the rest of the league who are literally passing off home ground advantage just to keep this ******* joke of a season running. The arrogance of your club to be so self indulgent to request such a thing at such a time is ******* mind blowing to be quite honest. pull your heads in.

Stop being such a self serving twat on other teams boards as well - you total fart sniffing ass clow.
Pin by hannah garey 🐼 on Doctor who | Doctor who, Bbc doctor who, David  tennant
Brilliant David GIF - Brilliant David Tennant - Discover & Share GIFs

Bwahaha...........rationale vs rational is the new loose vs lose

Keep it up mate...i enjoy watching geedrug supporters making idiots of themselves and you sir are, well, just another one of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get why Geelong want the home game, they should. It is a home groundI don't quite get
The only reasonable way to measure a home ground advantage is to assess how often other teams play at that ground. On that metric Geelong, Sydney and maybe Brisbane have an advantage because without co-tenants on odd shaped grounds, other teams could only play there a maximum of once per year (in a normal year). As someone else says it means they are prone to higher finishes than normal which often leads to a finals letdown.

On another note, culture is important, and every year the Cats' leaders send a message to the players that they are afraid of big games at big grounds. So they never get the ultimate job done. Will be the same this year.
Exactly, who wouldn't look forward to playing footy on the G, especially if you are going to thereabouts late in September. They should embrace it and make it their second home ground. I get that they would rather play at home, but your point of sending a message is really pertinent and perhaps as you say leading to their September failing.

You know what’s more annoying?
The two of them getting a game week after week and not deserving one.
You say they may be retaining there spot until we can mathematically not make it- them in the side definitely doesn’t enhance our chances!!!!
I feel ya Sol but geez it's getting old.

And where was it again that the Cats lost the Grand Final last year, oh that's right it wasn't even the MCG. I am so proud of our boys not letting that bald midget win a premiership after he sulked his way out of his Gold Coast contract.

If you want a bit of balance Jumping Jack - where was Robinson and his crew before they drugged up Essendon, oh that's right they were down at Kardinia Park. I am calling it here right now The Cats premierships this century are as suspect as West Coke's
Look at you going all Timelord on his arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back