Not open for further replies.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Yeah I guess you’re right. I mean we could all imagine Dimma being silent if Richmond were forced to play 3-4 of their home games at Marvel.

I’m all for a bit of banter in these threads, but seriously if any rationale supporter can’t see the absurdity of the matter then they’re completely missing the point. And if Hardwick (or anyone else) was coaching Geelong they’d be saying the same thing.

A bit of balance in this wouldn’t go astray. Particularly from supporters whose side plays well over half their games at their “home” ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree with this. If Geelong want home games at KP then so be it regardless of whether we’re talking finals or H&A. However, that’ll reduce the amount of exposure you have to the MCG given how different the ground dimensions are between KP and the MCG.

Would Geelong also be OK with being unfamiliar with the MCG in the Grand Final? That’s a problem Geelong will face if they move every home game to KP.

I agree with this. If Geelong want home games at KP then so be it regardless of whether we’re talking finals or H&A. However, that’ll reduce the amount of exposure you have to the MCG given how different the ground dimensions are between KP and the MCG.

Would Geelong also be OK with being unfamiliar with the MCG in the Grand Final? That’s a problem Geelong will face if they move every home game to KP.

As we know, Geelong fans don’t measure success in premierships. Just making the finals is good enough for them, so I don’t think they’d mind.

Apr 14, 2008
Reg Hickey Stand
AFL Club
Geelong

Not sure that’s the issue. Geelong get enough games at the G during the year regardless.

This is largely a commercial decision that seems to be lost on some of your mates in this thread. It’s got nothing to do with Chris Scott sooking. Clubs are fighting for every dollar of revenue they can get …. Even with no crowds, the revenue from advertising around the ground on televised games is significant. Take that away from clubs now (with the current situation) and it has an impact.

Yes, Geelong like Richmond (and every other club) should play 11 games at their home ground. Playing on your home turf is a factor, but Geelong’s argument is largely commercial. When Geelong play a “home” game at an away ground like the G, they lose over $600k even taking into account higher attendance. You don’t have the same signage / advertising rights as you do at your home ground. It’s a fact.

Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure that’s the issue. Geelong get enough games at the G during the year regardless.

This is largely a commercial decision that seems to be lost on some of your mates in this thread. It’s got nothing to do with Chris Scott sooking. Clubs are fighting for every dollar of revenue they can get …. Even with no crowds, the revenue from advertising around the ground on televised games is significant. Take that away from clubs now (with the current situation) and it has an impact.

Yes, Geelong like Richmond (and every other club) should play 11 games at their home ground. Playing on your home turf is a factor, but Geelong’s argument is largely commercial. When Geelong play a “home” game at an away ground like the G, they lose over $600k even taking into account higher attendance. You don’t have the same signage / advertising rights as you do at your home ground. It’s a fact.

Fair call !!

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Scott insisted the club had moved on quickly from the call.

Moved on :think: what's he smoking. Today is the 22nd of July and this article is dated July 22nd, AFL quashed their request many days ago, that's not moving on quickly Scotty boy that's living rent-free in your mind MCG>GHMBA
Once his brother Brad is director of football operations Chris will get whatever he wants.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Scott insisted the club had moved on quickly from the call.

Moved on :think: what's he smoking. Today is the 22nd of July and this article is dated July 22nd, AFL quashed their request many days ago, that's not moving on quickly Scotty boy that's living rent-free in your mind MCG>GHMBA
Moved on after 16 lines of disguised sooking...

Yeah I guess you’re right. I mean we could all imagine Dimma being silent if Richmond were forced to play 3-4 of their home games at Marvel.

I’m all for a bit of banter in these threads, but seriously if any rationale supporter can’t see the absurdity of the matter then they’re completely missing the point. And if Hardwick (or anyone else) was coaching Geelong they’d be saying the same thing.

A bit of balance in this wouldn’t go astray. Particularly from supporters whose side plays well over half their games at their “home” ground.

I think for perspective you need to realise that any rational person agrees that home games all 11 of them should be played at every teams ground of choice.

Most people saying otherwise are doing it mostly because it gets a reaction out of Geelong supporters and you have to admit it's pretty funny seeing you blokes get worked up over it.

So yes you should play 11 games and finals in Geelong, then you could stop pretending you are hard done by as well. When you have easily the best HGA in the league which is possibly a large contribution as to why you finish so high on the ladder every year and to be honest probably why you tend to bomb out early in finals. A combination of playing them at the MCG and teams that wouldn't have finished so high if not for the advantage of playing in Geelong but not actually travelling like a true interstate side gives you.

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
You’re missing the point of what I was replying to.
The post I replied to was that Dimma whinged once about Etihad and the media lost their mind yet Scott whinges about something nearly every week and the media don’t say a thing.

Agree . Seriously, when he talks it’s just so contrived. He gets away with so many crap statements . Then people like Whatley and Robbo call him a genius . It makes me puke 🤮.

That incident at Krapdinia park with Brisbane was just mental . And he gets away with it . Seriously he’s NQR.

Tigers by 38.

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

Fair enough, are Geelong supporter's prepared too lose their seats when finals come around and they get a home final ? 50/50 split with finals tickets .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 14, 2008
Reg Hickey Stand
AFL Club
Geelong
Fair enough, are Geelong supporter's prepared too lose their seats when finals come around and they get a home final ? 50/50 split with finals tickets .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely agree - and there’s a precedent from the Cats V Dockers final at Geelong a few years back. Which we lost

Cats reserved seat holders just went into the same process as all other supporters during finals. As they should.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I think for perspective you need to realise that any rational person agrees that home games all 11 of them should be played at every teams ground of choice.

Most people saying otherwise are doing it mostly because it gets a reaction out of Geelong supporters and you have to admit it's pretty funny seeing you blokes get worked up over it.

So yes you should play 11 games and finals in Geelong, then you could stop pretending you are hard done by as well. When you have easily the best HGA in the league which is possibly a large contribution as to why you finish so high on the ladder every year and to be honest probably why you tend to bomb out early in finals. A combination of playing them at the MCG and teams that wouldn't have finished so high if not for the advantage of playing in Geelong but not actually travelling like a true interstate side gives you.
Best summary of it.

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Broadcast guide been updated.
No Channel 7 coverage - but they are covering the later game?
* me!

1627003763486.png

I actually don't mind Geelong playing all their home games at KP. It's not the bogan booing that win them games there, it's the stupid dimensions. That's why they continually lose away games against the good teams because they are an old, slow team that gets caught out in open spaces when oppo teams rebound the ball.

It's a bit rich of them to demand games be shifted when in the recent past they have asked for only 8 and 9 games at home. Yeah, the kitties have reluctantly realised that playing home games at the G loses them games.

Oh yeah and they don't like Friday night games at the G because the traffic on the west gate freeway (which is going in the opposite direction, the morons), and they don't like games at Marvel despite the station being right there. Make up your minds you useless handbagging losers.

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Kind comments in the media by Phil Davis regarding Dustin.
Phil had kidney surgery after a collision in 2014.
Have always liked Phil.
Hope one day he wins a premiership.

100% agree re Phil.

One of the biggest reasons i see GWS where they are and GC where they are is Phil Davis & Callan Ward. They went with 2 strong leaders early on and it has set up their culture. GC went with the talented big name G.Ablett who was not a leaders pube.

Apr 14, 2008
Reg Hickey Stand
AFL Club
Geelong
I actually don't mind Geelong playing all their home games at KP. It's not the bogan booing that win them games there, it's the stupid dimensions. That's why they continually lose away games against the good teams because they are an old, slow team that gets caught out in open spaces when oppo teams rebound the ball.

It's a bit rich of them to demand games be shifted when in the recent past they have asked for only 8 and 9 games at home. Yeah, the kitties have reluctantly realised that playing home games at the G loses them games.

Oh yeah and they don't like Friday night games at the G because the traffic on the west gate freeway (which is going in the opposite direction, the morons), and they don't like games at Marvel despite the station being right there. Make up your minds you useless handbagging losers.

At what point (with any factual evidence) have Geelong specifically asked to only play 8 or 9 games at home. Happy to have a rational discussion or debate but please stick to facts and don't make stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back