Game Day Geelong vs St Kilda, Mon Aug 10 @ GABBA, 6.10 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly longer break for us this week...but still a massive task.

Saints in Top 2 form at the moment and we are not at out best - good but not great.

Need to take all our chances in this one to win. Cant afford fumbles, poor skill errors and bad kicking.

Need a fast start and no injuries - give thema sniff and its going to be a long shortened game for us.

Good to get some expereince back but im not sure im fully behind dropping Fog after such a good game - but i also get the load management.

We've had some beauties against the Saints over the journey and in sure this wont disappoint.

GO Catters

* I missed melt day, I don't think we needed Kolo he's a risky backman can leak goals,Fog must be feeling the pinch pencilling him in for next week,I think we are the side that can put the skids under the Saints but a good start is imperative,don't give them a chance to get their tails up and we will coast home.

Getting excited. I think this is finely balanced and very hard to predict. 3 goal win for us would do nicely!

With their rucks and tall forwards, strong performances from Blitz and Stanley will be very important for us. Rohan as well, as I have been impressed with their defence and Hawk can’t do it on his own.

I don't think we've got enough tall defenders. Their height might trouble us.

Yes I don't like it. We've picked a very one dimensional side. Not that we can't win but were limited to destroying them out of the middle and in clearances all game. If they get the ball and run at as we're in massive trouble. Just absolutely no good reason for both Kolo and Hendo in this side at the expense of those managed.

Huge 5 days for our finals hopes.

I feel our midfield at it's best is better than theirs but I worry we have gone in too tall and they will hurt us on transition run in their forward half.
Hopefully we can dominate field position so it doesn't matter and hopefully Jack Steven can play like the b & f jack of old tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking more Hawkins running through him like Margetts a couple of seasons back.

The match review panel has assessed contact between Tom Hawkins and Matt Stevic from the first quarter of the Geelong and St Kilda match. Contact has been deemed high, intentional with severe impact. Hawkins has been charged with a level 5 offence and will be summarily shot at dawn.

fu** I missed melt day, I don't think we needed Kolo he's a risky backman can leak goals,Fog must be feeling the pinch pencilling him in for next week,I think we are the side that can put the skids under the Saints but a good start is imperative,don't give them a chance to get their tails up and we will coast home.

Maybe Kolo to go forward and finally kick his first goal in his 100th game

Just leave him in the goal square - surely he can't miss from there

pretty amped about this one and then Friday. opportunity to really set the season up if we can come away with two wins.
I'm bullish about tonight but the deck is stacked against us for the Port game,that would be some feat to pick up the double.

Really hoping St Kilda serve up a top class performance against us tonight. The footy is only going to get harder from here and each game will become a test for finals. Need to start settling the team and sorting the wheat from the chaff. i'm hoping for a win without injuries but that seems like a luxury these days. Which Geelong turns up tonight?
Also, Chris Scott alluded in the press conference to the fact that Cocky is 1-2 games away. I know he's probably going to blow a hammy and be gone for the rest of the season, (Menzel curse) but I'm just super excited to see the kid out there again. When you actually look at our last decade, we have lost some absolute superstars to injury. Cocky, Menzel, Egan etc. These guys were/are premiership material. Fingers crossed Cocky gets back out there and stays out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back