Bumped Geelong vs St Kilda - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

SeinDude

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2002
Retired
Well, I'm really looking forward to this week's game against the Saints on Sunday.

After the courageous win last week against the Kangas, holding on and answering the challenge as the Roos came at us in the final term, this week's game is a great chance for us to go 2-2 and for our young team to gain more confidence in each other and in their own games. :)

I am looking for Ben Graham to put in a better game against the Saints after being reasonably well held so far in the first 3 games, as well as Riccardi leading the way in the middle. As for the younger players, Cameron Ling returned to some good form last week getting lots of the ball, James Bartel continues to show some great signs and Gary Ablett Jnr has also done very well despite all the attention.

Darren Milburn is due back this week after serving his 3 match suspension carried over from last season, while we lose another promising youngster in Corey Enright to a shoulder injury.

The crowd hype when Gary Ablett Jnr gets near the ball on Sunday is going to be unreal at home, and lets hope we have something else to be happy about at around 4:45pm..... that being a big cats win!! :):)

Go Cats!! :cool:
SeinDude

Great pre game summary SeinDude, I think the highlight will be Big Rexy again reaching for the top of his lungs and letting go with an almighty YAABBLEETTT.

And I wonder if they might blood another young player Hopefully Steve Johnson will get a run.

My changes Out Enright, Ling (both injured)

IN S.Johnson, J.Kelly

how could I forget Dasher

OMG I thought that Suspension was never going to end, to the extent that I forgot that DASHER is back.

Looks like Kelly is confined to the emergencies again. But Bomber has to give Steve Johnson a run this weekend surely.

Again Sorry to all those offended that I forgot to include Dasher.

Given the respective state of the team now and then it's instructive that all our super-draft kids didn't make rd 1 and look ready made. Maybe it's the system 16 years on but Fogarty this year and Parfitt last look like 100 game veterans from the get go. Hoping Constable has a similar effect soon enough..

That's a Ray Card/Keith Grieg bump, an absolute thumping of 16 years, but indeed it is illuminating how it did take a couple of years for our draftees to be playing regularly. The class of '99 all took a bit of time to get going, and we all recall how Bartel was dropped early in 2004 for a few weeks to get into the groove of how the club wanted him to play.

It will be special for the club if the likes of Kelly, Parfitt, Fogarty et all can emulate some of those famous predecessors!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back