Preview Geelong vs WCE - Sat April 24, GMHBA Stadium @1:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's not been much noise from the club itself in regards to tomorrow's milestones, but there's been plenty of support on social media from current and former teammates for Dalhahaus who tomorrow will play game #200

Has anyone seen anything from teammates for Stanley who's meant to be playing game #150 tomorrow

I know there's not been much noise from the club itself in regards to tomorrow's milestones, but there's been plenty of support on social media from current and former teammates for Dalhahaus who tomorrow will play game #200

Has anyone seen anything from teammates for Stanley who's meant to be playing game #150 tomorrow
To be fair its a lesser milestone

I'd like to see: Ins Clark, O'Connor, Cameron. Constable.
Outs Dangerfield,Dolly,Atkins,SDK(stiff did nothing wrong)
Anywho won't happen.
Atkins for Constable?

Tellhimhe’sdreaming.jpeg

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Cameron Zuthrie IN Danger SDK out that's what i think MC will do

Given O'Connor is a gimme to return, I think he'd be ahead of Zuthrie at least. Clark as med sub last week is a fair chance too. Then it falls to the 2nd tier Fort, Zuthrie, Constable's etc. who are all a chance if anyone else gets dropped (Holmes won't be included unless it's as medsub, as they're probably still building match fitness into him)

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Given O'Connor is a gimme to return, I think he'd be ahead of Zuthrie at least. Clark as med sub last week is a fair chance too. Then it falls to the 2nd tier Fort, Zuthrie, Constable's etc. who are all a chance if anyone else gets dropped (Holmes won't be included unless it's as medsub, as they're probably still building match fitness into him)

I was pleased O'Connor had an issue as this probably explains a drop off in his last game - loving his work as a tagger in that he stops his opponent but still finds the footy himself.
Clark in for me and Holmes as the medical sub - VFL side is only playing WA U18's so rather him potentially get more senior experience rather than dominate a bunch of kids.

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong

Don't think he wants to play will be a late out this week Fort to play

Heckler

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I think you're drawing a very long bow there. I don't think he's had a backline that would cope with fast rebounding footy since 2017 and I would argue we still probably don't. Feels like we've been playing this slow careful game plan forever but it's actually
been basically 3 years. We certainly weren't playing kick to kick defensive when first recruited Dangerfield.

It's just horses for courses and we have the opportunity to change course now with a decent forward line, so we're changing course

I'm simply curious : and if Chris Scott does unleash the team to play on instinct : trying to understand what it reveals.

As to your thoughts : The coach is fully responsible on how the team plays.
When Chris arrived as coach the team played a very attacking brand of football.
From the very start Scotts' main focus has been on improving the defensive side by balancing attack and defense .
His tempo brand of football has been evident for well over 6 years.
Chris has had plenty of time to change both the personnel and game style.
He could easily select Rohan running from half-back
Yet he continues to select a slow, low skilled backline.

And most of them were for another club.
Dahlhaus or Stanley?

Yes majority of Dahlhaus's 200 games came playing for the Dogs

But if Stanley plays tomorrow it will be 92nd game in the hoops, with clearly majority of his senior matches coming since his joined us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back