Preview Geelong vs WCE - Sat April 24, GMHBA Stadium @1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be funny cause of Covid if Tim Kelly had to spend a whole week in Geelong

Maybe Zuth for medical sub since neither Clark or Narkle played last week and it'll be likely the club would want them to get a run this week

Round 6 AFL Team
BacksLachie HendersonMark BlicavsJack Henry
Half BacksTom AtkinsJake KolodjashnijTom Stewart
CentrelineIsaac SmithCameron GuthrieSam Menegola
Half ForwardsLuke DahlhausJeremy CameronBrandan Parfitt
ForwardsGary RohanTom HawkinsLuke Dahlhaus
FollowersRhys StanleyBrandan ParfittBrad Close
InterchangeJed BewsGryan MiersZach Tuohy
Mark O'Connor
EmergenciesJordan ClarkZach GuthrieQuinton Narkle
Josh Jenkins
2 Lukes

Fair enough. I thought it was ordinary. I'd hardly call pointing that out 'sooking'.

In the end, I raised it in one post here and copped a vociferous response from you. So I'm not quite clear on who's most struggling to let it go, actually.
You copped that response from me because it's all I've been reading about for the past few days, but if you're going to try to strawman me, remember you're actually the one who brought it up.

Can you paraphrase for those of us who haven’t seen it?
Dimmer Hardwick

"Geelong want a high stoppage game, why do you think they want a high stoppage game ?" "What sought of bodies are they?"

Richmond player answers
"Bigger bodies"

Dimmer Hardwick

"They're bigger bodies"
"The strength of them, is their ability to use the ball n time and possession"
"They want to control it, they don't want to make it an athletics carnival"

Dimmer Hardwick

"Geelong want a high stoppage game, why do you think they want a high stoppage game ?" "What sought of bodies are they?"

Richmond player answers
"Bigger bodies"

Dimmer Hardwick

"They're bigger bodies"
"The strength of them, is their ability to use the ball n time and possession"
"They want to control it, they don't want to make it an athletics carnival"
On the money! Lingy said the same recently. We don’t want an aerobic capacity contest.

Would be funny cause of Covid if Tim Kelly had to spend a whole week in Geelong
He’ll be right without the darl!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see donkey dropped. But understandable with cameron coming in. Did they play him in defense in the vfl? Or are they continuing to play him out of position?
Don’t understand why people keep saying he’s played out of position
It’s not like he hasn’t shown things as a forward, he was ok last week and has definitely had very good games albeit in hub scratch matches.
He did kick 6 against the tigers and Astbury was his opponent for a fair whack of the game

It’s not like he hasn’t shown things as a forward, he was ok last week and has definitely had very good games albeit in hub scratch matches.
He did kick 6 against the tigers and Astbury was his opponent for a fair whack of the game
Because he always played as a kpd as a junior. We drafted him as one.

Yep. By all reports he grew a lot as a junior so it’s not like he’s been destined for KPD since day dot. And since arriving he has been played everywhere and shown nice signs pretty much everywhere. It’s be madness to lock him in as a defender only at this point.

6 years? You seem to have a short memory. We were not playing keepings off when we first recruited Dangerfield, we were sending it forward quick to try get Menzel in one on ones. We started keepings off when in an 18 month period we lost to retirement Mackie, Lonergan, Enright followed by Taylor and Henderson to long term injuries. That was 3 years ago not 6 and if we didn't do something to protect a backline we literally scraped together from a bunch of randos then we'd have been a laughing stock.

Out of interest, what defenders would you be picking to be robust in defence and rebound better in attack? If you're trading in or drafting for that back 6 which earlier selections would you have spent on defenders? Rohan off half back would be great until he goes missing for a quarter or two.

I'm not interested in hypothetical's as to whom to trade or draft.
It's how you use what you have. You don't need 6 WoJo's
Stewart, Tuohy and Rohan are more than enough.
Kolo need to be instructed to run and look for a long target
Bews needs to practice his kicking to hit a target
Clark has the speed and skill but needs game time and coaching.
The problem is :- 1: structure, midfield targets are all short and wide rather that in the corridor.
2: Cohesion, players are not no the same page as when to go fast or slow.

Chris Scott started the short wide target as a response to the manic defense, heavy zoning and flooding + teams blocking the corridor when he arrived .

Yep. By all reports he grew a lot as a junior so it’s not like he’s been destined for KPD since day dot. And since arriving he has been played everywhere and shown nice signs pretty much everywhere. It’s be madness to lock him in as a defender only at this point.

This is a great example
Blake Hardwick from the hawks

Hardwick was the leading goal kicker in the 2015 TAC Cup season and kicked bags of twelve, ten and eight goals

Kicked 6 against astbury? In a scratch last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back