Unofficial Preview Geelong Vs West Coast @ Domain Stadium..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-06/thats-the-plan-star-eagle-kennedy-eyes-early-return

Wait, what? FFS, the media coverage until now has made it seem like Kennedy was no chance whatsoever. In the space of two days we've gone from licking our lips at a rare opportunity to take on a West Coast side deprived of the services of their Coleman Medal-winning KPF, to rocking up in Perth without our own power forward AND (potentially) without the benefit of Kennedy's absence. :mad:

Who do we play on McGovern we cannot under any circumstances allow him to sit 40m out from Goal taking intercept marks

Scooter is the man , if he's not tired after playing for us under a different name so he can beat Sloane again .

I remember playing junior footy and clubs were always playing kids under other names so someone would qualify for the finals . We all knew , even the opposite team knew but no one cared , it was under 14 afterall and just the local team back then .

Sent via HAL

Scooter is the man , if he's not tired after playing for us under a different name so he can beat Sloane again .

I remember playing junior footy and clubs were always playing kids under other names so someone would qualify for the finals . We all knew , even the opposite team knew but no one cared , it was under 14 afterall and just the local team back then .

Sent via HAL
I would leave Scooter for Priddis or Sniper Mitchell. Harry Taylor should play on McGovern imo as he would be able to out-mark him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-06/thats-the-plan-star-eagle-kennedy-eyes-early-return

Wait, what? FFS, the media coverage until now has made it seem like Kennedy was no chance whatsoever. In the space of two days we've gone from licking our lips at a rare opportunity to take on a West Coast side deprived of the services of their Coleman Medal-winning KPF, to rocking up in Perth without our own power forward AND (potentially) without the benefit of Kennedy's absence. :mad:

I want him to play. Will make it a better win if we win.

There's something about Parsons...good balance, gets in and under, good height and seems skilled. That we are 8-3 having blooded so much new talent augers well for the next 3-4 years.

Thats a great post mate - in fact it is a sensational post ( is the voting open for the best June poster - because you should win it )

If you cant get excited about Parsons - like you say - something about him - that goal he kicked in the last qtr against Essendon and at a vital stage - ordinary players dont do that

He could end up a real topline player - as a very dangerous classy forward

This is how it appears to turn out. He will have missed 3 weeks after the bye, so it's not unrealistic, but i doubt they will take that chance next week. Or is that hope > doubt?

Thats a great post mate - in fact it is a sensational post ( is the voting open for the best June poster - because you should win it )

If you cant get excited about Parsons - like you say - something about him - that goal he kicked in the last qtr against PORT & ESS and at a vital stage - ordinary players dont do that

He could end up a real topline player - as a very dangerous classy forward
efa?

Very biased I am, but agree with all of that. He has spunk. And his teammates really respect him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weagles have a break as well. I wonder what their record is after byes and I can't remember us playing another team who's also had a bye. I don't think the saints had last year.

Go cats!

I'd like to see Parsons get an extended run, form permitting. He looks a good prospect to me...hard at it...a beautiful accurate kick and, dare I say it, seems to run to the right spots.

Could well develop into a permanent fixture in the side if he continues to develop at his present rate.

I'd like to see Parsons get an extended run, form permitting. He looks a good prospect to me...hard at it...a beautiful accurate kick and, dare I say it, seems to run to the right spots.

Could well develop into a permanent fixture in the side if he continues to develop at his present rate.
What is good about him also is 189 cm. That will be an asset as he is quite fast and as you say, a nice kick, decent mark, and very hard at it.
He has always reminded me of a young Joel Corey even at ER.

They have lost 3 in a row...desperate times call for desperate measures. This is a season defining game for WCE. Lose it and they may be in danger of missing finals and the self-doubt could be catastrophic. We are in for the toughest challenge we've faced so far this year, in my opinion. A win over there against an Eagles side withe EVERYTHING on the line would be phenomenal!

With Hawk out, I'd love to see Cocky starting at full-forward, given the space to run and fly at any ball coming his way. He'd be a handful for the opposition and could relish the challenge put to him.
Cocky can't clunk a mark at speed. In my opinion it's his biggest issue by a long way.
He loves jumping at the ball. No doubt. But he has hard hands.

Menzel to kick 5
Danger and Cocky to kick 4

INS: Ruggles, Stanley
OUTS: Kolo, Hawkins

Stewart on Eric Mckenzie
Thuoy on Priddis
Ruggles on Jetta
Lonergan on Priddis
Henderson on Darling

Would actually start like this they have a slow defence

HF: Lang Stanley Cockatoo
FF: Dangerfield Taylor Menzel