Media Geelong Wants You....

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite the fun had at Quivs expense about how I was going to steal his captaincy and then the subsequent jokes had when he handed over the reigns it was never my intention or desire to captain.
I simply don't have the time to put in to give the role the respect and work that it needs, and in particular the Wolves need.

So my goal was simple, apart from no team sheet errors (tick) was to try find the next captain and the right person to take us forward. Initially I was looking at handing over the arm band end of next season, but as real life has gotten busier and busier the decision was made to make the call a season earlier.

It is likely no suprise to anyone now that the man I have been in constant communication with, who came to me when I put out the call, and the captain of the club going forward is none other than Noobz0r

A great presence in the league, in media and someone with a real handle on the league and what makes it work... the perfect candidate for the job IMO.

I'll let him make his announcements for what is planned. :thumbsu:

I happily step aside having gotten to read the melts in the committee room :thumbsu:

Good day all

Cheers Willo_

Firstly a massive shoutout to both he and Quivorir for the work they put in this season. They were coming from a long way back and to get through relatively unscathed was a good effort!

The initial rebranding of the club from the Geelong Gumbies to the Geelong Wolves was one that caused a lot of discussion around the league - it seemed that people either loved it or hated it. My first decision at captain was to rebrand back in the original direction - to Gumbies FFC.

90090932.png

This was a decision that was pitched to Wolves leadership first, and whilst not everyone agreed with it, I believe that it is a step in the right direction to rebuilding the club's image and culture. Part of this is also the following promises:

- we will not be putting an emphasis on posting numbers, as we believe this is a key cause of the current levels of activity in match threads.
- we will be tracking post numbers on a spreadsheet for All-SFA and club awards discussion, but we will not be publicly posting them.
- our mantra for the season will be "Quality over Quantity", and we will be rewarding posters accordingly.
- inactivity cracks will not be responded to, we will be perfectly happy with the Gumbies contributions.

The second decision I had to make was regarding bringing new posters to the club. The first decision was easy - I'm a fan of co-captains and I knew exactly who I wanted. Someone with experience in the job, the passion for a rebuild, and a strong poster. I am very pleased to announce Golumless as my Co-Captain for Season 24.

We have also secured the services of Fryer Tuck. He had an impressive first season, and for a qootyer with such limited experience, he certainly fits the description of quality over quantity. He will be helping with Gumbie News and associated press releases, and will form part of our leadership group as well as starring as a ruckman.

We are also immensely pleased to welcome back club stalwart StFly. He was a prolific member of a very strong Gumbies side, and is going to return bigger and better than ever. Witty, cutting, and passionate, he will be a key part of our lineup for Season 24.

Finally, we have retained the services of several key posters from this season. SM, Quivorir, Willo_ and Wise Guy Sam have all agreed to stay on and help the transition and rebuild. All 4 are tier 1 posters and round out what is a very strong core group of posters.

This is an exciting time to be a Gumby, and we are still looking for more. PM me if you are interested in a change of scenery, a fresh start, and the chance to rebuild the Gumbies to their rightful place as the best club in the SFA.

Here come the Gumbies. Quality over Quantity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably deserving of it's own thread.

And I would like to be publically thanked and acknowledged for my hard work in designing the logo, or I will revoke my permission for it's use.

This is probably deserving of it's own thread.

And I would like to be publically thanked and acknowledged for my hard work in designing the logo, or I will revoke my permission for it's use.
You love helping other people out...

One day your turn from heel to face will be spectacular

Cheers Willo_

Firstly a massive shoutout to both he and Quivorir for the work they put in this season. They were coming from a long way back and to get through relatively unscathed was a good effort!

The initial rebranding of the club from the Geelong Gumbies to the Geelong Wolves was one that caused a lot of discussion around the league - it seemed that people either loved it or hated it. My first decision at captain was to rebrand back in the original direction - to Gumbies FFC.

90090932.png

This was a decision that was pitched to Wolves leadership first, and whilst not everyone agreed with it, I believe that it is a step in the right direction to rebuilding the club's image and culture. Part of this is also the following promises:

- we will not be putting an emphasis on posting numbers, as we believe this is a key cause of the current levels of activity in match threads.
- we will be tracking post numbers on a spreadsheet for All-SFA and club awards discussion, but we will not be publicly posting them.
- our mantra for the season will be "Quality over Quantity", and we will be rewarding posters accordingly.
- inactivity cracks will not be responded to, we will be perfectly happy with the Gumbies contributions.

The second decision I had to make was regarding bringing new posters to the club. The first decision was easy - I'm a fan of co-captains and I knew exactly who I wanted. Someone with experience in the job, the passion for a rebuild, and a strong poster. I am very pleased to announce Golumless as my Co-Captain for Season 24.

We have also secured the services of Fryer Tuck. He had an impressive first season, and for a qootyer with such limited experience, he certainly fits the description of quality over quantity. He will be helping with Gumbie News and associated press releases, and will form part of our leadership group as well as starring as a ruckman.

We are also immensely pleased to welcome back club stalwart StFly. He was a prolific member of a very strong Gumbies side, and is going to return bigger and better than ever. Witty, cutting, and passionate, he will be a key part of our lineup for Season 24.

Finally, we have retained the services of several key posters from this season. SM, Quivorir, Willo_ and Wise Guy Sam have all agreed to stay on and help the transition and rebuild. All 4 are tier 1 posters and round out what is a very strong core group of posters.

This is an exciting time to be a Gumby, and we are still looking for more. PM me if you are interested in a change of scenery, a fresh start, and the chance to rebuild the Gumbies to their rightful place as the best club in the SFA.

Here come the Gumbies. Quality over Quantity.
cats2rise

Not with our quality over quantity mantra, as well as the posters around him :thumbsu:
I've got no doubt the Gumbies are a good fit but it's not the Gumbies you need to worry about. :thumbsu:

All 4 are tier 1 posters
Love a self ranking system, please, go on....
This is the AFL branding spin way. Even if something IS wrong, we will ignore it, and any attempts to paint it as such. I love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back