Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite the sacrifice to allow your mate on for a run in the 4Q.

Parfitt's goal, much like Duncan's in 2011, completely legitimizes his medal.

Duncan in 2011 maybe a little more influential - critical even - as far as Geelong injury-sub Premiership medal winners are concerned.
Duncan was the 22nd man-his performance has to be considered on another level (with all respect to parf) .

Duncan was the 22nd man-his performance has to be considered on another level (with all respect to parf) .

Agreed. Love the fact that Parfitt has a medal though - and hopefully, as one of our sub-25 yo players, he will carry the club forward for years to come yet.

I know he has his doubters, but personally I look at Parfitt's body of work to date favorably and think he just needs a good run without injury to become a key component in future Geelong success.

Hopefully, like Mitch Duncan, Brandan Parfitt gets an opportunity to showcase his talents for a full 4 quarters in another Geelong Premiership - he was unlucky (injured) to miss the 2020 GF and his 2022 has been really stop-start too.

Just needs to get continuity into his football and he will be very constructive afaiac (is that an acronym? - as far as I am concerned ... )

Agreed. Love the fact that Parfitt has a medal though - and hopefully, as one of our sub-25 yo players, he will carry the club forward for years to come yet.

I know he has his doubters, but personally I look at Parfitt's body of work to date favorably and think he just needs a good run without injury to become a key component in future Geelong success.
I think the only problem Parf has is his decision making gets him into trouble at times.
Hangs on to the ball at times and puts himself under pressure.

I think the only problem Parf has is his decision making gets him into trouble at times.
Hangs on to the ball at times and puts himself under pressure.

Yeah it's a fine line with him; he can bamboozle his opponents, but just often runs himself into trouble - has plenty to offer though imo - when he's playing with a defensive mindset he's at his best

Yeah it's a fine line with him; he can bamboozle his opponents, but just often runs himself into trouble - has plenty to offer though imo - when he's playing with a defensive mindset he's at his best
I love him as all of them.
He will be better for the experience...also his enthusiasm when he kicked that goal was a highlight for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but 2007 stands alone with 2011 and 2022 being very close as second favourite….imo
Well that's probably coz I was only a child for 2007 but then I've seen us going close but not going all the way for the 10+ seasons between 12-21. I can now appreciate what it takes to win.

This time last week was anxious as all get out

you're not kiddin' #17 Gavin Excell; I experienced probably 6 weeks of gradually building anxiety and stress over the possibility that this year might be the year (it's cumulative, too, as it's been like this for most of the past 10 years, too) - this time last week I was in a right state :$

ooh I like that.

They released a T-shirt version of this design during the week which I think sold out quickly, so this one probably won’t last long.

They released a T-shirt version of this design during the week which I think sold out quickly, so this one probably won’t last long.

not much need for hoodies up here fpm84 - awesome design though, classy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back