Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if this has been asked/should be posted elsewhere, but has anyone purchased the ‘holy grail’ framed premiership print/poster?

If so; any good?
Have a check of this thread - there's a few things posted over the last few pages of it

Just that initial image- picture you put their - it would be great - if you could buy a print or lithograph or painting of that - its basically full time - looking back across the ground like that - all those Cats supporters standing up in the crowd in their beautiful Geel jumpers - as to say we are premiers again - a couple of Swans players - hands on their knees sort of thing

It would be good if that image could be captured on canvas - id buy it

This has gone far far too long without a post, so I just want to reiterate, I love this club, I love the players and I love you guys.

Seeing you have given it a kick along - i will take the baton and keep it going

One thing i know and like - is the fact we beat Sydney ( no animosity towards them ) however in Sydney - look Rugby League is dominant - and Rugby Union has also been very strong for a long time - teams like Randwick and Eastwood - and going right back to - So Easy Campese - and all the rest of it

Thus because Sydney were in the AFL GF - alot of those players/people/supporters of those other football code clubs - would have taken a keener/sharper interest in this GF

And as the Cats were ruthlessly and relentlessly annihilating Sydney showing no mercy at all - they would have been thinking - boy Geelong are a strong powerfull club - and im glad that thought is embedded in their brains

After watching all 3 finals quite a few times now, if you go back to the QF. From 4.52 left on the clock in the last quarter when DeGoey kicked that goal to put the Magpies in front was the start of the best footy pr0n any Geelong supporter could ask for.
When Jezza slotted that goal from the wrong pocket like 40 out, I knew we were winning that match.

After watching all 3 finals quite a few times now, if you go back to the QF. From 4.52 left on the clock in the last quarter when DeGoey kicked that goal to put the Magpies in front was the start of the best footy pr0n any Geelong supporter could ask for.
After that match I thought it was possibly the best atmosphere I’d been to, almost tribal in the crowd. Fantastic game to be at, then to go even better…unreal.

After that match I thought it was possibly the best atmosphere I’d been to, almost tribal in the crowd. Fantastic game to be at, then to go even better…unreal.
Was a great feeling all night, went to the pub with mates to watch the Freo dogs game.

It has been so long since we won QF, which really gives you a hot shot at the flag. It's a great feeling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I received my victory pack. What a disappointment compared to our other premierships' packs. Flimsy packaging, no season highlights, no choice of callers on the DVD (still have to put up with BT's inane comments or watch it with the sound turned off) and one disc that can only be played on blue ray. I'm better off watching Youtube for free.

I received my victory pack. What a disappointment compared to our other premierships' packs.
Yeah, a bunch of us need to write to the club to put on some pressure (and disgust) for them to then direct to the AFL and its "partners" to pull this piece of crap from the shelves. I bought the BD release of the game from JB yesterday with their 20% plus a little more off with the Wicked Wednesday coupon, as I figured that's about as cheap as it'll be for some time, and wanted a copy of the game itself.

Recall my 2011 BD was the limited edition tin copy....even that isn't done anymore. It's actually quite pathetic how much the AFL moves backwards in both media and merch a decade on.

I received my victory pack. What a disappointment compared to our other premierships' packs. Flimsy packaging, no season highlights, no choice of callers on the DVD (still have to put up with BT's inane comments or watch it with the sound turned off) and one disc that can only be played on blue ray. I'm better off watching Youtube for free.
Thats disgraceful and usually the only reason I get it is so I can watch it with the KROCK and the 3AW commentary. If thats not on there, then its not a purchase for me.

I opened it, saw no season highlights, then saw no SEN call for the Grand Final (which is IMO the best call)...
I won't be opening the pack again.
Such a shithouse buy.

he would not back down would he? Embodied the attitude of the entire team at the moment.
I was watching it with someone who said "no matter what coin he is on, no way he slots it from that angle from there" and I, part arrogantly but also partly full of false bravado said "its not even in doubt".

* I was glad he went back and dobbed it.

I opened it, saw no season highlights, then saw no SEN call for the Grand Final (which is IMO the best call)...
I won't be opening the pack again.
Such a shithouse buy.
Wanted to ask here, as I prefer non-TV audio for NCAA sports.
When multiple audio tracks are available for Cats games, which are best?
I'm in the States, so not familiar with the different networks.
TIA!

TIA!

Varies really, SEN are usually a good call, Krock can be for more of a "fan" call, although the GF wasn't their best, I don't mind MMM for a more jovial call at times, ABC can be quality too.
Really depends on the game.

TIA!
Varies depends on what callers are doing the games. For the finals the stations have the (in their eyes) #1 callers. SEN was miles ahead of the rest (IMHO)....helps that the two game callers are Geelong supporters, but didn't show any bias (until the end...check the YouTube of the after final siren moments).

:D

Varies really, SEN are usually a good call, Krock can be for more of a "fan" call, although the GF wasn't their best, I don't mind MMM for a more jovial call at times, ABC can be quality too.
Really depends on the game.
I've multi-commentary copies of the 2011 GF and tried sampling all of the options, but I really don't have enough context to categorically choose one over another.

I will say this: in the States, the idiots on TV usually spend all their time chatting about everything BUT the game they're supposed to be calling, which is why I prefer the radio 9 times out of 10.

I couldn't care less about a sportscasting wannabe celebrity's opinions, just tell me WTH is going on RIGHT NOW!

I think SEN was the best call of this GF.
Whateley's call was easily the best and I liked Cornes blunt, honest opinions.

3AW and ABC are usually good but their calls this year really lacked something.

I had no idea who was on the ABC call other than the senile Malthouse.

Tim Lane was professional but he lacked excitement. Lloyd the only highlight of 3AW.

MMM good cos Howie a Cats fan but Darcy always seem to hate us and his call shows it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back