Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

I will always remember the Hawkins after the siren game, where without hesitation he wheeled onto the left foot and drilled a 40 metre pass to Selwood. Yes, Selwood to a great grab under pressure, but SJ's skill and football nous was breathtaking….

Just one exceptional example though….just a wonderful player.

I was just in that pocket behind him (where he also snapped the goal from). He dropped an absolute pud (degree of difficulty: 1.0) and then a second later almost kicked the most ridiculous goal off the ground (degree of difficulity: 9.9).
That is SJ in one paragraph :p:thumbsu:

That is SJ in one paragraph :p:thumbsu:
I think that's under-rating him.
Surely he's running at better than 50% dross / 50% brilliance.

I think he brings more than his skills to the table as well, in terms of team-lifting confidence and the will to win.
If only we had a few with his mentality in the 80's and 90's.

agreed Bobby, but he has so much 'touch' with his footskills from up to 45m that it almost doesn't matter.
love both him and Bartel from a set-shot *anywhere* within 50 (Bartel can obviously dob them from outside 50, too, but he is such a neat kick also) ..

As soon as I read the highlighted, and the word 'touch', the first name that came to mind was another genius, John P McEnroe.

I'll watch footy until the day I die. As someone who used to love tennis, play it and go to the Australian Open both at Kooyong and Rod Laver, I've barely watched it since McEnroe retired. He could make a ball talk.

SouthSwans
And two of my most favourite SJ moments involve the way his brain works under pressure.

Right at the death against Essendon, last season I think, Geelong hanging on by their fingernails. He fumbles the ball in the square at fb, looks around, assesses, wastes valuable time, then rushes the ball through for a behind. I thought it was pure genius even though there were those on this board that didn't share my view of it.

Thanks for putting that together, as someone else has posted, I sat there with a grin on my face watching it all.

Almost the highlight of it for me was right at the start, third one in against Adelaide. How the hell did he get through that? Ridiculous.

I can think of the Richmond off the ground goal, the snap from the pocket in the State of Origin showcase match, him cleaning up James Hird in 2005 EF and a torp for his 6th v Brisbane (early days, his first bag of 6 if I recall) when we were dead ordinary. Anyone got these handy?

yes; good call, would love to see that shirtfront again!

I can think of the Richmond off the ground goal, the snap from the pocket in the State of Origin showcase match, him cleaning up James Hird in 2005 EF and a torp for his 6th v Brisbane (early days, his first bag of 6 if I recall) when we were dead ordinary. Anyone got these handy?

We played Melbourne in the 2005 Elimination Final. He did clean up someone (legitimately and fairly) with a shirtfront though, can't recall who it was off hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This reminds me. Does snyone know where Darjoe's goals vids have gone.
Not sure if just for me in UK or they have gone completely.

This reminds me. Does snyone know where Darjoe's goals vids have gone.
Not sure if just for me in UK or they have gone completely.
Channel was terminated due to copyright strikes. Real shame because he had lots of vids up and as far as I know didn't make any money off it. Bit strange though considering some channels upload full matches or just similar content to him and are still around.

Hopefully he does make another channel in the offseason and re-uploads some videos, but I'm fairly certain it's his 2nd account to be terminated as well, so might just be too much effort to do it again.

Channel was terminated due to copyright strikes. Real shame because he had lots of vids up and as far as I know didn't make any money off it. Bit strange though considering some channels upload full matches or just similar content to him and are still around.

Hopefully he does make another channel in the offseason and re-uploads some videos, but I'm fairly certain it's his 2nd account to be terminated as well, so might just be too much effort to do it again.

I thought that would have been it. Damn shame. Really enjoyed them.

Whilst we lost the 08 gf, the montage of gazza's effort is epic....on the grounds of his want to get the cats over the line

I remember around 07/08 there was a video package of the cats to the song by the muse, that was spine tingling.
Pity no one has done a music edit/package of gazza's finals rtn. Might best kept after we gone the distance. But still....he's back on the big stage.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone have the old YT video that was to the tune of "Look how far we've come" and it showed the Cats in crisis when Cook, Costa and Bomber took over and showed highlights throughout the 00s and culminated with highlights of us winning the flags?

This makes me very happy. Can't remember the last time I smiled for 15 minutes straight like that.

What a player. So unlikely looking yet so brilliantly creative and skilled.
Gosh, that is fantastic. How good was he, almost underestimated and yet so critical in big games and small ones. Just loved him. The opposition never quite knew what he was going to do, neither did he for that matter. Fancy being coached by him.
Hope that some our youngsters for tomorrows game look at that and understand how goals are kicked, just keep running forward and take chances.

Okay so stumbled across a miracle today and managed to download my original David King video from 2011. Don't know where to post this but I know there are plenty of people who have asked for this video.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back