News Geelong's 2020 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on, has this got our home game against Hawthorn withm them coming to Skilled to play us? That must be a typo :D Who cares if we play a bunch of MCG games at the end of the season, that'll be a good primer for things to come in terms of whatever will pass for "Finals" this season. The Hawks having to come to Geelong is going to be great :D

4-0 for the block of games that were announced today. It really wasn’t hard to work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got that. Just making sure rd 1 has not been ignored.

All of the next 4 games are winnable. However, I think the Hawks may surprise a few teams this year, we might drop that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of the next 4 games are winnable. However, I think the Hawks may surprise a few teams this year, we might drop that one.

If we lose any of these 4 games, hard to see us being a threat. Very soft return which will hopefully set us up for the season

Will be good to see if we do have a home ground advantage or home crowd advantage. Wouldn’t be surprised if hawks get it done. Hope we win 3 out of the 4 to put us 3-2 after 5. Let’s see.

My suspicion is more 'home ground' than 'home crowd'. Crowd never seems that overwhelmingly manic to me, unlike what I've heard when opposition teams get their supporters up and about against us at their venues.

Having said that, if there's one team I think might deal with the issue better than most, it's the Hawks. While other clubs would bleat about having to come down the highway, Clarko will simply prepare his troops for battle and get on with it.

If we can get past the Hawks, the next three games all look very winnable. Drop that one and I think we need to win all three following to be any chance. 3-2 is surely the minimum return we need after this block, considering the draw we will have enjoyed.

How is us getting home games suddenly an advantage? People are acting like we have never played at home before.
Fixture comes out and people are saying oh wow home games as if it’s never happened
We got 9/22 last year and it’ll be 8/17 this year. Big deal.
We had top spot wrapped up after round 12 last year, 3 games clear we were. The only loss was a home one

We often beat Hawthorn anyway and send us away against the blues and GC, what difference will that make?

My suspicion is more 'home ground' than 'home crowd'. Crowd never seems that overwhelmingly manic to me, unlike what I've heard when opposition teams get their supporters up and about against us at their venues.

Having said that, if there's one team I think might deal with the issue better than most, it's the Hawks. While other clubs would bleat about having to come down the highway, Clarko will simply prepare his troops for battle and get on with it.

If we can get past the Hawks, the next three games all look very winnable. Drop that one and I think we need to win all three following to be any chance. 3-2 is surely the minimum return we need after this block, considering the draw we will have enjoyed.
Yeah I don't think Clarko will care. I remember that snow game in Canberra. Didn't seem to care or whinge, actually took his shirt off and did a lap around the oval.

Each team plays each other once. There is no soft draws or hard draws.

There is actually, all depends on where you play them.
Do you want 2 home games against Carlton and GC with 2 away against say WCE and Brisbane or would you prefer playing Carlton and GC away and hosting WCE and Brisbane?

You see two of those games we are winning no matter where they are. The other 2 is likely decided by where it’s played.

How is us getting home games suddenly an advantage? People are acting like we have never played at home before.
Fixture comes out and people are saying oh wow home games as if it’s never happened
We got 9/22 last year and it’ll be 8/17 this year. Big deal.
We had top spot wrapped up after round 12 last year, 3 games clear we were. The only loss was a home one

We often beat Hawthorn anyway and send us away against the blues and GC, what difference will that make?
I've been saying that for ages. Reckon since 2007 we would've still won 95%+ of those games if they were played at any Vic venue.
We've just been the better team.

I've been saying that for ages. Reckon since 2007 we would've still won 95%+ of those games if they were played at any Vic venue.
We've just been the better team.

Yep, look at last years fixture and pretend we have zero home games at GMHBA. Make our home ones away and tell me which results would be different?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back