Geelong's $60,000 loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Malibu

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2001
It was a little disappointing to see Geelong had a $60,000 loss yesterday due to small crowds. I guess I can sympathise due to them being in financial trouble like ourselves. I hope they can turn it around.

But what did give me a giggle, was the following from Denis
frown.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pagan was also upset at the structure of the Kangaroos' dressing rooms at Shell Stadium. He described the antiquated rooms as ``hillbilly style'' after the Kangaroos seconds had to change in the same rooms as the firsts.
wink.gif

------------------
Objects in the side mirror may appear dumber than they really are.

And there is more .... Geelong Chief Executive Brian Cook revealed afterwards the club, which is already 2.5 million in debt, was staring at a substantial loss on yesterdays game

The Cats are already struggling to make a profit this year, following the collapse of one of their sponsors retails chain Harris
Scarfe.

Geelong Advertiser Monday 23rd April 2001.

It seems nobody in media land cares !!!

Originally posted by Malibu:

Pagan was also upset at the structure of the Kangaroos' dressing rooms at Shell Stadium. He described the antiquated rooms as ``hillbilly style'' after the Kangaroos seconds had to change in the same rooms as the firsts.
wink.gif

Thats actually the AFLs fault .Remember a few years ago they had a few halftime scuffles as teams walked off the ground side by side,so they bought in a rule about the changerooms being away from each other.Thats why at the MCG when Richmond play Melbourne they don't both use their traditional rooms.

------------------
"FIGHTING WITH ALL OUR MIGHT"

Originally posted by JUBJUB:
Whats that line suppose to mean ?

Jub Jub,

I think what Hotham is getting at is that whilst the cats appear to be in financial trouble nothing much is reported about it whilst our 1 bad year off-the field was brought out into the open for the whole football world to see.

At least, i think that's what he's trying to say i hope

I'm sure hotham will give us a response soon

Paul

DAMIR IS HEV VERI GOOT IDEA FOR RAIS MONEY
Maybe ve is can hev beeg sossich sissel at Shillong for make lots off money. If rain no stop, we must hev BBQ inside garage of mi brudda Slobodan.
Is ok Slobodan, ve moov you red Ford Fairmontf!cken and park him on concrete in front yart, plenti pippols fit in garage.

Originally posted by Paulkanga2000:
Jub Jub,

I think what Hotham is getting at is that whilst the cats appear to be in financial trouble nothing much is reported about it whilst our 1 bad year off-the field was brought out into the open for the whole football world to see.

Paul

If thats what Hotham means he's very wrong.Before the Rd2 StKilda game Brian Cook mentioned about our financial problems.That interview was followed up by stories in the AGE,HUN,ADDY,MMM & 3AW all talking about our financial problems.

------------------
"FIGHTING WITH ALL OUR MIGHT"

Originally posted by JUBJUB:
If thats what Hotham means he's very wrong.Before the Rd2 StKilda game Brian Cook mentioned about our financial problems.That interview was followed up by stories in the AGE,HUN,ADDY,MMM & 3AW all talking about our financial problems.

Maybe it was mentioned a few times, but until every story mentioning Geelong (including match reports both on TV and in the newspapers) has Geelong named as the "Finanially Struggling Cats" then you have got off lightly compared to the clamour over the Roos money situation.

USC even thinks we have officially changed our name from North Melbourne to the "The Cash Strapped Kangaroos"
wink.gif

Cheers

Gonzo

Originally posted by Paulkanga2000:
Jub Jub,

Paulkanga2001 Spot on !!!!!!!!!

Paul

Paul,

You are spot on.

Hotham

[This message has been edited by hotham (edited 24 April 2001).]

Originally posted by Damir Dokic:
DAMIR IS HEV VERI GOOT IDEA FOR RAIS MONEY
Maybe ve is can hev beeg sossich sissel at Shillong for make lots off money. If rain no stop, we must hev BBQ inside garage of mi brudda Slobodan.
Is ok Slobodan, ve moov you red Ford Fairmontf!cken and park him on concrete in front yart, plenti pippols fit in garage.

Funny you should say this Damir, as Doc and I polished off the last of the pringles, donuts and green fizz on our 3+ hour tour of Geelong & surrounds we both remarked that it would have been a smart person who set up their bbq on the road side on Sunday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ford Falconf!cken has to be accelerating in order to pump heat.

I don't think we were accelerating until we hit Werribee.

If it had of warmed up sooner my clothes would have dried out & I wouldn't have been sitting there in my undies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back