Geelong's dominance over the Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely was, everything went right for you guys that night such as nailing a large percentage of low probability shots at goal and we kept on hitting the post early on/were well down on intensity and Bevo didn't bother tagging anyone, though I'd guess we have a stronger team in place at the moment than back then.

You did let us off the hook by kicking points, but we did nothing extraordinary in front of goal.
Our goals early were either regulation set shots from the corridor, or runs right in to the goal square.

Dangerfield did kick a ridiculous goal from 50 on the boundary after the game was over in the last.

If there is one thing this season has taught us - and is continuing to teach us on an almost weekly basis - is that any of remaining four teams CAN win the premiership. From about 5 weeks out from the finals onwards, there have been 'upsets' every single week. I can see Geelong beating Sydney, I can see Sydney beating Geelong. I can see GWS being too good for the Dogs, but based on the last fortnight I can see the Dogs outrunning them too. I don't see any guarantees right at this point in time, the season is simply far too open for that.
Your comments are spot on Partridge. These games are all 50/50 in my book. If I was to frame a market, all the odds would be the same. There is no team that could say they are better than the other 3. It will all come down to moments where players show brilliance that will turn the game.

Seemingly every year - most years- we play a game down at KP. Other Melbourne clubs not so much. That must contribute to the story too.

It goes back along time

The great Ted Whitten - what did he play - 320 games or something - once the most number of games played by any player

Fact - Teddy in his illustrious and great career never once played in a winning Footscray side at Kardinia Park

He got a bit excited in 1965 - it was a draw - thats the closest he got

It goes back along time

The great Ted Whitten - what did he play - 320 games or something - once the most number of games played by any player

Fact - Teddy in his illustrious and great career never once played in a winning Footscray side at Kardinia Park

He got a bit excited in 1965 - it was a draw - thats the closest he got
Yep dreadful record there. You guys lost more than you won at our home ground too, when we had one.

People said the same thing about Hawthorn when I predicted the Dogs easily last week...

Dogs were always going to beat them, Hawks have been cooked from a long way out. Cats should have belted them but as happens put in their usual s**t performance coming off a bye.

Dogs can't win the Premiership. GWS will flog them. I'm ok saying that.
Where is your western suburban spirit. Doggies can and will beat gws. Young gws ahead of themselves. Doggies kicked 11 goals to 1 against hawks. They pummelled west coast on coast oval the week before. Silly to write them off. Picken libba boyd bont stringer etc in very good form

I reckon this is the Dogs best chance to make the gf, I also think that playing up there, if anything, will benefit them in doing this. I also think it would be detrimental to their chances of winning the gf if they got there.

Dogs will win:
dot.gif
Ranked 4th in Contested Possessions Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Effective Disposals Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 5th in One Percenters Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in least Opponent Inside 50s Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in least Opponent Contested Possessions Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in least Opponent Clearances Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in least Opponent One Percenters Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 2nd in Team to Opponent Inside 50s Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Team to Opponent Contested Possessions Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Team to Opponent Uncontested Possessions Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Team to Opponent Effective Disposals Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Team to Opponent Clearances Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 4th in Team to Opponent One Percenters Per Game Diff.

But will they win the game? should be great game and methinks 50/50 game but even then I'm not sure!

Where is your western suburban spirit. Doggies can and will beat gws. Young gws ahead of themselves. Doggies kicked 11 goals to 1 against hawks. They pummelled west coast on coast oval the week before. Silly to write them off. Picken libba boyd bont stringer etc in very good form
I'm not writing them off.
But no way in hell would I back them.

GWS could actually touch them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon this is the Dogs best chance to make the gf, I also think that playing up there, if anything, will benefit them in doing this. I also think it would be detrimental to their chances of winning the gf if they got there.
If the Dogs play Sydney in the GF they'll win for sure!

You'll see.

I just heard the Bulldogs will have 9 different players compared to their last game against GWS.
That's massive.

I thought I'd get a better response than na na na na na from you CE
Wasn't intending to come across that way.

Dogs have been gallant but this is the point in finals where history shows the winners from week 1 show their superiority. This will be no different.

Dogs have been gallant but this is the point in finals where history shows the winners from week 1 show their superiority. This will be no different.
That might have been the case in previous years. The Bulldogs are closer to full strength now, after a horrid run with injury . And yet they were still able to win 15 games, which in other years could get you a top 4 spot. I really dont think any of these sides are that much superior than the other ones.

And if they play us?
They'll beat us too, way too much midfield depth and speed for us, we haven't played them close to full strength yet in 2016, and they only lost to us by about 4 goals last time they played us at KP.

That might have been the case in previous years. The Bulldogs are closer to full strength now, after a horrid run with injury . And yet they were still able to win 15 games, which in other years could get you a top 4 spot. I really dont think any of these sides are that much superior than the other ones.
Could copy and paste that from any semi final winner in the past 16 years.

Good luck Woofa, I hope you win but I don't think you will.

I hope you're right on geelongs side. Tragic menzel is missing. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back