Prediction Geelong's fortunes for season 2019

Where will Geelong finish on the ladder in season 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

Pollywaffle

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Jury's out for me on Rohan I'm not convinced he's even an up grade on Murdoch yet.He's a less than 10 possessions a game player and that has been consistent over his Career, the body is a bit suspect as well.Why the big wrap?convince me I'm wrong.
He might turn out to be rubbish but that's still a grade up from Murdoch

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
He doesnt get the ball, cause he doesnt want the ball mate.... hes lazy and has a poor work ethic. Happy to coast along while others do the hard yards! Why wouldnt he... he gets a game regardless!!! The club has demonstrated for years, that hes "undroppable" so why wouldnt he be comfortable playing at the level hes playing at. He thinks hes going ok! Not only that, he has never adapted to the speed of AFL football. He has poor foot skills, he has zero peripheral vision, or foot speed, which causes him to get caught holding the ball all the time, and he cant stick a tackle to save himself. Combine that with the poor work ethic I spoke about, and you have a bloke who should be running around in the VFL at best.
Is this diatribe on Rohan or C Guthrie?

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Guthrie.... and its not diatribe, its fact

Guthrie's incredibly frustrating. Best finals series by a young player we had post premierships was his in 2013. Has shown he can play as a midfielder as he helped turn the 2016 Qualifying Final in that role. But he's been redefining the term treading water ever since. And naturally, is in no danger whatsoever of being dropped.

Mr Blicavs

Basking in Premiership glory!
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors - Maple Leafs
Guthrie's incredibly frustrating. Best finals series by a young player we had post premierships was his in 2013. Has shown he can play as a midfielder as he helped turn the 2016 Qualifying Final in that role. But he's been redefining the term treading water ever since. And naturally, is in no danger whatsoever of being dropped.
Thats more of an indictment on the club than it is a testament to Guthrie...

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Linder was talented as a forward IMO. SH was serviceable enough. Our version of Andy Collins but not as good.
Yep, Darcy didn't have much of a chance at full back.

Bruce shirked it at least twice in the ‘89 GF. Part of the reason we lost and why Blighty wanted him gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Man, there's a bit of macho argy-bargy disguised as opinion going round in here.

I think the preferred term for the material posted is 'facts'.

In the great Rafa Benitez tradition...

Rafa facts.jpg

No he doesn't. Far too much emphasis is placed on possession number these days due to dreamteam and supercoach. Rohan just needs to compete, apply physical pressure and provide and option up forward.

If every player on the ground picked up 20 disposals a game we'd be overusing the ball. It's more about efficiency.

its the Bews theory all over again.

The difference currently with Bews is that he has the track record of nailing his opponent on most occasions. Rohan we dont have the data in the hoops. So we will have to see.

If he gets low disposal numbers and takes his opponent out of the game, then so be it. IMO the tolerance will be short on low possession numbers and little impact.

However, it will take 10 games to get a good sample of history going. Im haopy to wait and let it develop.

Go Catters

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
its the Bews theory all over again.

The difference currently with Bews is that he has the track record of nailing his opponent on most occasions. Rohan we dont have the data in the hoops. So we will have to see.

If he gets low disposal numbers and takes his opponent out of the game, then so be it. IMO the tolerance will be short on low possession numbers and little impact.

However, it will take 10 games to get a good sample of history going. Im haopy to wait and let it develop.

Go Catters
That's a stretch comparing the lock down Bews to the free wheeling Rohan.

That's a stretch comparing the lock down Bews to the free wheeling Rohan.
Why does the freewheeling Rohan average such low numbers then?
If Bews had that licence, he'd have mf numbers.
I suspect Rohan has been stuck in that horrible Parsons position of "small forward"

cynical

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Rohan will be lucky to make it out of preseason.

If he plays back it'll be like having a softer version of Murdoch playing back, will expect plenty of bad decisions and plenty of shanks.

He'll do 1 great thing and then 5min later will be injured.

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong

If he plays back it'll be like having a softer version of Murdoch playing back, will expect plenty of bad decisions and plenty of shanks.

We get it, you're not a fan of Rohan, but what a load of dribble.
Let's just wait and see what his role is come game day and give him 6 - 10 games to see if he can prove his worth.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

I've never really been a Rohan fan but I can't remember him as being at all shank prone. Feels like you just included that to be part of your forced Murdoch comparison.

Back