List Mgmt. Geelong's interest in Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh looks like he wants to stay "loyal" of course 700k will do that, oh well good luck to him and his mediocrity ...hope the club doesn't chase him when he's a free agent he can get ****ed for using the club to increase his pay.

Good luck with finals, with any luck you get through this week and come over to pump an overconfident Adelaide unit after a loss this week (I can only hope).

Its been good banter in the main and a good discussion. Happy he's staying, but would have happily seen us deal with you guys if it went that way.

_Me_ excluded of course (_Me_ if you ever find those ficticious PM's, or maybe the ficticious contract you had a copy of, feel free to post them, it would help with your credibility).

Glad it's over.... but just as an aside...

We are still the only team to really lose a marquee player at this point.. even a rabble like Port keeps their best player...Would think us being a powerhouse multi premiership side would be enough of a lure but obviosly not..

**** you Ablett

**** you GC

**** you Vlad

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That is all. Ablett left coz of it, and Boak is staying coz of it.

Feel free mate.

you had him signed, sealed and delivered on at least 2 occasions in this thread, with one being an emphatic by the end of week.

Boak staying because of the money? STFU you idiots.

be interesting to see if port and geelong both offered him $500k what his decision would be. i still think he would stay with port but interesting nonetheless.

700k isn't being loyal

What is? Playing for free? Doing maintenance work at Alberton in his spare time? Port Adelaide was always likely to be able to offer more than us, when you consider the amount that our respective best 22s would command from the salary cap. I'd suggest it is a secondary issue, otherwise he would have signed months ago.

Just saying bumping up your contract on 700k for two years isn't being loyal, good on him if he chose money over mediocrity I'm sure he will have a lot to look back on to when he retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Boaky. Took the $$ good for him. Hope he and Port get exactly what they want from this.
He would not have gotten that $$ from us im sure. Means more likely to keep Stringer, Sherringham, Walker et al. Im fine with that. And we get all our picks.

No denying Boak would have been nice - but a want not a need - and certainly not at 700k a calendar....

GO Catters

Great news for us and yeah like Malibu said I hope you guys get to destroy the Crows in a weeks time.
Do you really think he stayed because he "loves the club"? If so then you are the idiot that needs to STFU. 650k is what kept him at Port, and nothing else. I'm not suggesting he dislikes the club, far from it, but signing on for only 2 years is not commiting, which is something that you would do if you truly loved your club.

I've seen your posts before and generally consider you to be a quality poster, but coming onto our board and telling us to STFU because you don't agree with some of the consensus on here just isn't on IMO. If you want to respectfully disagree, that's fine no one expects everyone to agree. When the topic doesn't just involve our club, and in this particular instance it involves a player of your club, input is welcomed so long as it's done tactfully.

If I came in with the same attitude on the Port board I would have been banned 10 times over.

Good on him. A very smart play for the cash.
And let's face it, Port are f*cked without him.

On 700k pa he can charter a private jet every time he wants to exit that shite hole and visit his family.

Great news for us and yeah like Malibu said I hope you guys get to destroy the Crows in a weeks time.

he probably feels sorry to leave a c**p club then go to a successful one. Whatever, at least we get to play finals. ;)

Do you really think he stayed because he "loves the club"? If so then you are the idiot that needs to STFU. 650k is what kept him at Port, and nothing else. I'm not suggesting he dislikes the club, far from it, but signing on for only 2 years is not commiting, which is something that you would do if you truly loved your club.

I've seen your posts before and generally consider you to be a quality poster, but coming onto our board and telling us to STFU because you don't agree with some of the consensus on here just isn't on IMO. If you want to respectfully disagree, that's fine no one expects everyone to agree. When the topic doesn't just involve our club, and in this particular instance it involves a player of your club, input is welcomed so long as it's done tactfully.

If I came in with the same attitude on the Port board I would have been banned 10 times over.

If he didn't love the club he wouldn't of signed. With all this family stuff that the media and _me_ keep bringing up he must like the club a fair bit to stay.

STFU was slightly over the top but all this sour grapes crap from a lot of the guys on here is piss poor. A lot of the guys on here are fine but when you see the people saying how Boak is now suddenly overpaid and how s**t Port are it just gets tiring after a while. Some pretty terrible comments on here before I jumped on board.
Honestly I like Geelong and it wouldn't phase me if they won a GF, as long as they destroy the Crows in the process then good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back